Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

Default Is it O.K. to re-use teabags?

I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,

In article >,
Emil Harrison > wrote:

> I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

<unrelated crossposts snipped>

You can, but you tend to get a weaker, more bitter brew.
I'd sure not try more than twice and use double the amount the second
time...

Tea is not expensive. Why would you want to?
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

No cluons were harmed when Emil Harrison > wrote:
>I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

What were you going to use it *for*?

Brewing tea: sure, although the second cup might be a bit weaker

Cooking: once you've emptied the leaves into your casserole, they are
nigh unrecoverable, so probably not.

Wrestling: as long as you don't mind tea leaves all over the ring,
sure.

Howard Stern: it is an old wives tale that applying a tea poultice
will remove toxins. nothing can filter stern.

Kibology: who would want a teabag after the kibologists have finished
with it? those people are perverts.

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

Emil Harrison wrote:
> I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

Don't be a douche.
On second thought, it might be fun to be a douche.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

"Emil Harrison" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

It's illegal in all states except Oklahoma and New Jersey.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

Mark Edwards wrote:
> No cluons were harmed when Emil Harrison > wrote:
> >I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

Forget teabags. Use loose leaf and a decent infuser. I prefer the
basket style infusers to the crappy teaballs that hang on a chain.

> What were you going to use it *for*?
>
> Brewing tea: sure, although the second cup might be a bit weaker

Sometimes the second cup is a bit more nuanced...with a more
discernable character. Sometimes I prefer the second cup to the first,
especially when drinker certain pu-ehr varieties.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

Mark Edwards wrote:
> No cluons were harmed when Emil Harrison > wrote:
> >I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

Forget teabags. Use loose leaf and a decent infuser. I prefer the
basket style infusers to the crappy teaballs that hang on a chain.

> What were you going to use it *for*?
>
> Brewing tea: sure, although the second cup might be a bit weaker

Sometimes the second cup is a bit more nuanced...with a more
discernable character. Sometimes I prefer the second cup to the first,
especially when drinking certain pu-ehr varieties.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

"Emil Harrison" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

If you like weak tea.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Emil Harrison wrote:
> I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

(Ridiculous cross-posting snipped)

I wonder was it absolutely positively *necessary* to cross-post such an
innocuous question to a gazillion newsgroups? WTF does religion and howard
stern have to do with the price of tea-bags in China? Good lord, I can't
wait until these fools go back to school !!!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

Emil Harrison > wrote:
>I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

It won't kill you. The worst that can happen is that you'll get weak
tea.

In the case of black teas, much of the lighter flavour constituents come
out in the first cup. When you make a second cup, the stuff loses the
flowery and fruity scents, and you have to steep it for longer to get
as much flavour, making it more tannic.

In the case of green and oolong teas, some of them actually improve
with repeated steeps.

For the most part, if you use loose tea you can get away with more steeps
than if you use a bag, because there is better flow around the leaves.
--scott

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Emil Harrison wrote:
>> I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

> (Ridiculous cross-posting snipped)
>
> I wonder was it absolutely positively *necessary* to cross-post such an
> innocuous question to a gazillion newsgroups? WTF does religion and
> howard
> stern have to do with the price of tea-bags in China? Good lord, I can't
> wait until these fools go back to school !!!
>
> Jill

It sure did get people going though, didn't it? :-) A very subtle troll, but
effective. Right up there with what I consider a classic: "Can I make
lasagna at home? How?"

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:09:35 -0000, Mark Edwards
> wrote:

>No cluons were harmed when Emil Harrison > wrote:
>>I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

>What were you going to use it *for*?

Also, what was it used for the first time?

BW
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

"Emil Harrison" > wrote

>I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

It depends on what you are using them for. Either way,
You're Allowed.

--oTTo--

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

I do it all the time. My daughter and I like Stash's Peppermint tea and we
like a strength that is just right for 2 cups of tea. I brew hers then
throw the tea bag into my cup. Like the other posters though if I wasn't
having 2 cups right away I wouldn't keep it in the frig for later though.
Just throw it away and use another.

Lynne

"Emil Harrison" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

Emil Harrison wrote:
> I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

No, it's not OK.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

what for?

why kibologies and Howard Stern? dun' anderstand. :-)

philj

by the way, I asked Internet Oracle; stay tuned.

"Emil Harrison" > a écrit dans le message de news:
>I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Emil Harrison" > wrote in message
> I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

Sure, as long as we are talking a couple of days here. Think bacteria. And
stop crossposting you idiot.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:19:58 GMT, "King's Crown" >
wrote:

>keep it in the frig for later

Is that legal?

--
Shelly

We think nothing of our ability to tell prophecy through the reading of
mashed potatoes. A monkey could do it, and the future is usually pretty
bleak anyway.
-- Melora Creager
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

philj > wrote:
>what for?
>
>why kibologies and Howard Stern? dun' anderstand. :-)

They're Allowed to post to a.r.k; I suppose they can do so to Stern's group
as long as they're prepared for possible abuse.

>by the way, I asked Internet Oracle; stay tuned.

Dave "ou sont l'crispy antebellum Oraclei?" DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney posting from "It's not the pot that grows the flower

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

Sipping Tea leads down to the deepest underground passages. Seen Wikipedia
on Howard Stern and on kibology: horrendous at least.

Quoting mastertea:
http://teamasters.blogspot.com/2005/...nd-senses.html
"2. The cultural dimension
Let's speak now of the pleasure for our most civilized neurons! Tea is a
door (Teaparker say a portal) to numerous fields [...] Interest in tea is
not limited to selfish pleasure. It can be the starting point to very
diverse and interesting studies. The above list is very incomplete. There
are many more fields linked to tea (the art of tea boxes, the impact of tea
on the economy in Asia, tea in literature...)
There is a real intellectual and social pleasure to go beyond tea as a mere
drink and understand its multiple dimensions."

I would modestly add: "isn't there ?"

yours tealy
philj

http://www.vic.com/~dbd/ - net.legends FAQ & Magic / I WUV you in all
> CAPS! --K.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

"Emil Harrison" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

It's okay, but it is importrant never to walk through the same doorway
twice when holding the same used teabag. it sets up bad vibes, and your
house could fall down as a result.

It happened to a guy on Usenet once.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
> "Emil Harrison" > wrote in message
>>I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

> It's illegal in all states except Oklahoma and New Jersey.

But in Massachusetts they simply scoop it out of Boston Harbor, where
it's been since the Boston Tea Party, and use the tea bags again.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

"Emil Harrison" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

It depends. What religion are you?

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

"philj" > wrote in message
> what for?
>
> why kibologies and Howard Stern? dun' anderstand. :-)
>
> philj
>
> by the way, I asked Internet Oracle; stay tuned.
>
> "Emil Harrison" > a écrit dans le message de news:
>>I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

Oh, I hope you get a good answer!

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

Emil Harrison wrote:
> I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

squeeeeeeek

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Please stop playing with the troll

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..
> Please stop playing with the troll

Would you prefer that play with my food?

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

"Emil Harrison" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

If you mean are the Teabag Police going to break down your door, arrest you,
and confiscate your tea-kettle...no, that won't happen.

If you mean will you get a richly flavored cup of tea with a used
teabag...that won't happen either.

Lisa Ann

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mordechai Housman" > wrote in message
> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Please stop playing with the troll

> Would you prefer that play with my food?

I would like to see another cyber food fight....the ultimate food play.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

"Emil Harrison" > wrote:
>>I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

No cluons were harmed when "Mordechai Housman"
> wrote:
>It depends. What religion are you?

Oh man, you are a sick puppy!

Depends should not be used as teabags, regardless of your religion.
And if they've been used once, they should be thrown away!

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

Emil Harrison wrote:
> I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

I suppose that's a matter for the fraternity's officers to decide...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Emil Harrison wrote:
> > I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

> (Ridiculous cross-posting snipped)
>
> I wonder was it absolutely positively *necessary* to cross-post such an
> innocuous question to a gazillion newsgroups? WTF does religion and howard
> stern have to do with the price of tea-bags in China? Good lord, I can't
> wait until these fools go back to school !!!
>
> Jill

You can always tell the OP is fooling when they don't respond again in
the thread hey? Agree with you Jill!

Cheers

--
Bronwyn

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

Emil Harrison wrote:
> I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

It's not a health hazard.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

> >>I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

Well... it's strange, but have in mind, that bacteria spawn in wet
teabags, so if you keep it overnight, it MAY damage your health.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

On 14 Aug 2006 05:54:55 -0700, "Alan Truism" >
puked:

>Mark Edwards wrote:
>> No cluons were harmed when Emil Harrison > wrote:
>> >I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

>Forget teabags. Use loose leaf and a decent infuser. I prefer the
>basket style infusers to the crappy teaballs that hang on a chain.

Lipton's cold brew iced tea is much better than any of that clumsy
crap. Good god, it's the 21st century! Why anyone wants to fiddle
**** with packing tea in devices and all that is beyond me.

Does your woman roll her own tampons, too?
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

"sf" > wrote

>> I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

> It's not a health hazard.

I have a vision...a sign by the highway...with two
giant H's.

And maybe a lobster underlining them.

--oTTo-

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern
phy phy is offline

Emil Harrison > wrote in news:Xns981F1A638325Bdlay@
217.22.228.20:

> I was wondering if it was O.K. to use teabags more than once.

I don't know but sometimes I will spoon in a couple spoons of fress coffee
on top of the used coffee grounds and I can't tell a difference. I only do
this if I make more coffee real soon after the first.

-phy
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

lab~rat >:-) wrote:
> On 14 Aug 2006 05:54:55 -0700, "Alan Truism" >
> puked:
>
> >Mark Edwards wrote:
> >>

> >Forget teabags. Use loose leaf and a decent infuser. I prefer the
> >basket style infusers to the crappy teaballs that hang on a chain.

> Lipton's cold brew iced tea is much better than any of that clumsy
> crap. Good god, it's the 21st century! Why anyone wants to fiddle
> **** with packing tea in devices and all that is beyond me.

The Lipton you write of is lower quality and far more expensive than
loose tea.
I get this for $7.99 a kilo at the local global grocer:
http://www.coffeeam.com/royceygun12l.html

If you have more money than time, and care more about ease of
preparation than taste, go ahead and stick with the Lipton.

I use this old fashioned tool called a tea strainer:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...views&n=284507

> Does your woman roll her own tampons, too?

By that kind of logic, instant mashed potatoes would be a good choice
over freshly made mashed potatoes.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern

Food Snob > wrote:
>> Does your woman roll her own tampons, too?
>>

>By that kind of logic, instant mashed potatoes would be a good choice
>over freshly made mashed potatoes.

Depending on who made them and how, that could very well be smart. I've had
freshly made mashed potatoes that were pretty much inedible. Potato-flake
reconstitutions _rarely_ achieve that degree of solid lumpiness.

Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from "It's not the pot that grows the flower

TeaBags online in the UK... Dan405 Tea 1 03-11-2017 01:14 PM
Is it O.K. to re-use teabags? Emil Harrison Tea 96 15-09-2006 05:29 PM
Is it O.K. to re-use teabags? Kevin S. Wilson Barbecue 77 15-09-2006 09:57 AM
Is it O.K. to re-use teabags? Kevin S. Wilson Barbecue 0 21-08-2006 10:30 PM
Teabags Marjolein Bastin Elly Tea 0 04-05-2004 06:50 PM