FoodBanter.com

-   -   pork loin (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/98486-pork-loin.html)

Chon Arantas 12-08-2006 10:22 AM

pork loin

my marinade is sweet smelling and going to eat some from the oven. alot of water however is being generated as it's being baked covered. is broiling it a better method?

http://www.usenet.com

Andy[_2_] 12-08-2006 10:59 AM

pork loin

Chon Arantas, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 12
Aug 2006, typed out:

> my marinade is sweet smelling and going to eat some from the oven.
> alot of water however is being generated as it's being baked covered.
> is broiling it a better method?

You don't need to cover it. It will crisp up a little better.

I bake pork tenderloins in a glass casserole dish and use a dry rub.

Be that as it may, enjoy yours!

Andy

Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] 12-08-2006 12:30 PM

pork loin

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 04:22:57 -0500, "Chon Arantas"
> wrote:

>my marinade is sweet smelling and going to eat some from the oven.
>alot of water however is being generated as it's being baked covered.
>is broiling it a better method?

Just roast it on a rack, uncovered. It sounds delicious. What type
of marinade did you use?

Carol

Joseph Littleshoes[_2_] 12-08-2006 09:34 PM

pork loin (slight change of subject)

Chon Arantas wrote:
> my marinade is sweet smelling and going to eat some from the oven.
> alot of water however is being generated as it's being baked covered.
> is broiling it a better method?

I would think slow roasting without a cover and lots of basting.

Slightly changing the subject i made chicken fried steak with a boneless
pork chop yesterday, IMO it was much better than the same recipe with beef.

Plus the 'elderly relative' with her bad teeth could eat the tender pork
where as she finds even the tenderest beef a bit too difficult to chew.

I beat the dickens out of the pork chop with a meat mallet, getting it
down to about a 1/4 inch thickness, seasoned it with Zatarigns creole
seasoning, let it rest for about 5 minutes then dipped it in beaten egg
yolk and seasoned Italian bread crumbs, pan fried in canola oil for a
couple of minutes on each side and it was superb.

A little bit of chicken gravy with the mashed potatoes and fresh peas
and it was all i could do to stop myself from going back into the
kitchen and making up a couple more.
---
Joseph Littleshoes