Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Canning peppers

Anyone ever canned peppers such as fresh Habaneros?

I need a recipe for another list.

Will do some googling also. :-)

Thanks!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

[x - posted to rec.food.preserving...]

"OmManiPadmeOmelet"

> Anyone ever canned peppers such as fresh Habaneros?
>
> I need a recipe for another list.
>
> Will do some googling also. :-)

Om, ask George Shirley or Barb...between them they'd know...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

In article . net>,
"Gregory Morrow" > wrote:

> [x - posted to rec.food.preserving...]
>
> "OmManiPadmeOmelet"
>
> > Anyone ever canned peppers such as fresh Habaneros?
> >
> > I need a recipe for another list.
> >
> > Will do some googling also. :-)

> Om, ask George Shirley or Barb...between them they'd know...

I was hoping Barb would answer actually!

Danke.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>> > Anyone ever canned peppers such as fresh Habaneros?

I've never seen canned habaneros, except as hot sauce.

There must be a reason for that.

Something like, in order to can them you'd need to
want to eat more than one before they go bad.

Or maybe the "fruit" part gets totally lost in the
brine, making the hot part pointlessly hot...

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

"Blair P. Houghton" > wrote in message

> I've never seen canned habaneros, except as hot sauce.
>
> There must be a reason for that.

I think it's just because they're too hot for most folks. I bought a jar of
habaneros (pickled, IIRC) at a local grocery store some years ago. I never
bought another because I can enough hot peppers to take care of my hot
pepper needs.

Anny

> Something like, in order to can them you'd need to
> want to eat more than one before they go bad.
>
> Or maybe the "fruit" part gets totally lost in the
> brine, making the hot part pointlessly hot...
>
> --Blair

Canning Hot Peppers [email protected] Preserving 1 03-09-2007 02:17 AM
Need help canning peppers in oil [email protected] Preserving 13 24-09-2006 12:25 AM
Canning peppers Gregory Morrow Preserving 16 11-09-2006 01:55 AM
canning peppers maryg Preserving 5 03-07-2006 05:25 PM
Canning peppers in oil Jer Preserving 31 28-03-2006 03:13 PM