Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Best Apple Pie in the Known Universe!

(I'm so friggin' tired I can't see straight, but I can't sleep, so you
guys get recipes)

The sour cream really mellows out the flavor of this pie filling. It's
not sickenly, cloyingly sweet, like so many apple pies are.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Mom's Sour Cream Apple Pie

Recipe By :Carol Peterson
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Family Recipes Pies and Pastries

3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 pounds peeled apple slices

Combine first five (dry) ingredients.
Cover bottom of unbaked, 9-inch pie shell with 1/4 of mixture.
Stir remaining mixture into sour cream.
Slice apples 1/8-inch thick, and stir into sour cream mixture..
Place mixture into pie shell and cover with top pastry. Let rest 10
minutes.
Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 325°F, and bake about 45
minutes, or until apples are done.

IMPORTANT: Cool 3 to 4 hours on rack before cutting.

Cuisine:
"American"
Source:
"Pat Zastera (Carol's Mom)"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> (I'm so friggin' tired I can't see straight, but I can't sleep, so you
> guys get recipes)
>
> The sour cream really mellows out the flavor of this pie filling. It's
> not sickenly, cloyingly sweet, like so many apple pies are.
>

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Mom's Sour Cream Apple Pie
>
> Recipe By :Carol Peterson
> Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories : Family Recipes Pies and Pastries

> 3/4 cup sugar
> 2 tablespoons flour
> 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
> 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
> 1/4 teaspoon salt
> 1/2 cup sour cream
> 2 pounds peeled apple slices
>

> Combine first five (dry) ingredients.
> Cover bottom of unbaked, 9-inch pie shell with 1/4 of mixture.
> Stir remaining mixture into sour cream.
> Slice apples 1/8-inch thick, and stir into sour cream mixture..
> Place mixture into pie shell and cover with top pastry. Let rest 10
> minutes.
> Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
> Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 325°F, and bake about 45
> minutes, or until apples are done.
>
> IMPORTANT: Cool 3 to 4 hours on rack before cutting.
>
> Cuisine:
> "American"
> Source:
> "Pat Zastera (Carol's Mom)"

Oh good! Thanks for the reminder, Carol. You know my recipe
is a bit different.... I like the idea of slicing the apples
instead of chopping them.... I hadn't noticed that before.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> (I'm so friggin' tired I can't see straight, but I can't sleep, so you
> guys get recipes)
>
> The sour cream really mellows out the flavor of this pie filling. It's
> not sickenly, cloyingly sweet, like so many apple pies are.
>

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Mom's Sour Cream Apple Pie
>
> Recipe By :Carol Peterson
> Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories : Family Recipes Pies and Pastries

> 3/4 cup sugar
> 2 tablespoons flour
> 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
> 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
> 1/4 teaspoon salt
> 1/2 cup sour cream
> 2 pounds peeled apple slices
>

> Combine first five (dry) ingredients.
> Cover bottom of unbaked, 9-inch pie shell with 1/4 of mixture.
> Stir remaining mixture into sour cream.
> Slice apples 1/8-inch thick, and stir into sour cream mixture..
> Place mixture into pie shell and cover with top pastry. Let rest 10
> minutes.
> Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
> Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 325°F, and bake about 45
> minutes, or until apples are done.
>
> IMPORTANT: Cool 3 to 4 hours on rack before cutting.
>
> Cuisine:
> "American"
> Source:
> "Pat Zastera (Carol's Mom)"

I'll take your recipes any time Carol! I've been going through a few of
those nights too. Not as many since I'm back on hormones but I still get
them about once a week. then I'm hung over the next day from trying not
to sleep during the day so I'll sleep that night.

--
My Word
in