Old 07-08-2006, 01:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Forget food! Tonight is...

FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

So long football widows.... see ya in January.

Andy

Old 07-08-2006, 02:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article , Andy q says...
FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

So long football widows.... see ya in January.

Andy

I once watched a football game (American football for those of you in
other countries). It has to be the dumbest, stupidest, most boring sport
in history. Oversized steroid-sucking men run around and bash into each
other. 80% of the time is commercials and other BS - with only 20%
devoted to actual play. There is an occasional pass or running play that
catches your attention, but otherwise it is thump-crunch-commercial-
commercial-moron commentators shooting off their mouths-commercial-
commercial-crunch-thump. And to make things worse, 90% of the
commercials are for beer or SUVs and similar things, aimed at the fat
lazy audience who wants to pretend that they have some glamour or
excitement in their lives.

Football, give me a break. Even NASCAR and golf are more interesting.

--
Peter Aitken
Visit my recipe and kitchen myths pages at www.pgacon.com/cooking.htm
Old 07-08-2006, 02:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" q wrote in message ...
FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

So long football widows.... see ya in January.

Andy

Let's hope they don't do a 'Brian's Song' when they dedicated the game to
Brian Piccolo then promptly lost.....Let's do it for Reggie (Eagles 10
Raiders 7 when I last looked).
-ginny

Old 07-08-2006, 03:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter A wrote:

I once watched a football game (American football for those of you in
other countries). It has to be the dumbest, stupidest, most boring sport
in history.

Sorry Peter A... you are wrong! Dead wrong!
Most boring, most stupid 'sport'?
HAS to be synchronised swimming. How they dare to call it a sport I
just don't know.
IMHO only.

Joke: If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do the rest have to?
(might not HAVE to but SHOULD do!)

LadyJane
--
"Never trust a skinny cook!"

Old 07-08-2006, 04:12 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 06 Aug 2006 05:05:32p, Andy meant to say...

FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

So long football widows.... see ya in January.

Andy

So...that also means more room in non-sports bar restaurants. Yeah!

--
Wayne Boatwright (not fond of American team sports) running for cover

ERROR 103: Dead mouse in hard drive.

Old 07-08-2006, 05:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

LadyJane wrote:

Peter A wrote:

I once watched a football game (American football for those of you in
other countries). It has to be the dumbest, stupidest, most boring sport
in history.

Sorry Peter A... you are wrong! Dead wrong!
Most boring, most stupid 'sport'?
HAS to be synchronised swimming. How they dare to call it a sport I
just don't know.
IMHO only.

Joke: If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do the rest have to?
(might not HAVE to but SHOULD do!)

"Come 'ere, 'LadyJane', I want to hold yer head under the water for a few
minutes...heehee..."

--
Best
Greg

Old 07-08-2006, 05:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 06 Aug 2006 06:03:07p, Peter A meant to say...

[...]

Amen!

Football, give me a break. Even NASCAR and golf are more interesting.

Yes, even those. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

ERROR 103: Dead mouse in hard drive.

Old 07-08-2006, 05:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Oh pshaw, on Sun 06 Aug 2006 05:05:32p, Andy meant to say...

FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

So long football widows.... see ya in January.

Andy

So...that also means more room in non-sports bar restaurants. Yeah!

--
Wayne Boatwright (not fond of American team sports) running for cover

ALL sports suck, Wayne. ALL sports are a TOTAL waste of time...although I
don't mind some of the cute players.

--
Best
Greg

Old 07-08-2006, 05:41 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 06 Aug 2006 09:34:42p, Gregory Morrow meant to say...

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Oh pshaw, on Sun 06 Aug 2006 05:05:32p, Andy meant to say...

FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

So long football widows.... see ya in January.

Andy

So...that also means more room in non-sports bar restaurants. Yeah!

--
Wayne Boatwright (not fond of American team sports) running for
cover

ALL sports suck, Wayne. ALL sports are a TOTAL waste of time...although
I don't mind some of the cute players.

I heartily agree!

--
Wayne Boatwright

ERROR 103: Dead mouse in hard drive.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL wrote in news:[email protected]
218.100.0.53:

Andy q wrote in :

FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

Go the RAIDERS!!!!

(Although come Aug 31st, I'll be hoping the SEAHAWKS kick their

butts!!)

Uhm... you mean SEAGULLS!!!

I'll take the Raiders!

Andy
Lousy stinkin' Eagles!!!
Lyle Alzado, R.I.P.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter A wrote in news:MPG.1f405b30b29a49da989812
@news-server.nc.rr.com:

Football, give me a break. Even NASCAR and golf are more interesting.

Golf? GOLF??? You gotta be kidding!!! Spend half the time watching blue
sky???

Pass the nachos!

I think the rugby players are a tad stupider. No sense to wear armor!
Sheesh!!! Gotta love it!!!!!!

Andy
Old 07-08-2006, 01:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy q wrote in :

FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

Go the RAIDERS!!!!

(Although come Aug 31st, I'll be hoping the SEAHAWKS kick their

butts!!)

Uhm... you mean SEAGULLS!!!

Are they like your Eggrolls??

I told you to go the Raiders!! LOL!!

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ga...e.jsp?id=42896

I'll take the Raiders!

Looks like you're going to get *spanked* again :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Old 07-08-2006, 02:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy q wrote in :

Peter A wrote in

@news-server.nc.rr.com:

Football, give me a break. Even NASCAR and golf are more interesting.

Golf? GOLF??? You gotta be kidding!!! Spend half the time watching

blue
sky???

Pass the nachos!

I think the rugby players are a tad stupider. No sense to wear armor!
Sheesh!!! Gotta love it!!!!!!

Some of them wear *some* padding. But they're usually the ones afraid of
getting hurt :-)

If you can ever get your hands on a copy of the '92 State Of Origin
Series between Queensland and New South Wales........ you'll see what a
*real* game of football is!!

Plenty of mud, and blood.

Old 07-08-2006, 02:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter A wrote:
In article , Andy q says...
FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

So long football widows.... see ya in January.

Andy

I once watched a football game (American football for those of you in
other countries). It has to be the dumbest, stupidest, most boring sport
in history.

So, you have not seen a baseball game?

John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

Old 07-08-2006, 02:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
c t c t is offline

You're the Dumb One,,Turn off your T.V Or GET A LIFE !!!

JUST ME !!!