Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Forget food! Tonight is...

FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

So long football widows.... see ya in January.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> says...
> FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!
>
> So long football widows.... see ya in January.
>

> Andy

I once watched a football game (American football for those of you in
other countries). It has to be the dumbest, stupidest, most boring sport
in history. Oversized steroid-sucking men run around and bash into each
other. 80% of the time is commercials and other BS - with only 20%
devoted to actual play. There is an occasional pass or running play that
catches your attention, but otherwise it is thump-crunch-commercial-
commercial-moron commentators shooting off their mouths-commercial-
commercial-crunch-thump. And to make things worse, 90% of the
commercials are for beer or SUVs and similar things, aimed at the fat
lazy audience who wants to pretend that they have some glamour or
excitement in their lives.

Football, give me a break. Even NASCAR and golf are more interesting.

--
Peter Aitken
Visit my recipe and kitchen myths pages at www.pgacon.com/cooking.htm
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!
>
> So long football widows.... see ya in January.
>

> Andy

Let's hope they don't do a 'Brian's Song' when they dedicated the game to
Brian Piccolo then promptly lost.....Let's do it for Reggie (Eagles 10
Raiders 7 when I last looked).
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter A wrote:

> I once watched a football game (American football for those of you in
> other countries). It has to be the dumbest, stupidest, most boring sport
> in history.

Sorry Peter A... you are wrong! Dead wrong!
Most boring, most stupid 'sport'?
HAS to be synchronised swimming. How they dare to call it a sport I
just don't know.
IMHO only.

Joke: If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do the rest have to?
(might not HAVE to but SHOULD do!)

LadyJane
--
"Never trust a skinny cook!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 06 Aug 2006 05:05:32p, Andy meant to say...

> FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!
>
> So long football widows.... see ya in January.
>

> Andy

So...that also means more room in non-sports bar restaurants. Yeah!

--
Wayne Boatwright (not fond of American team sports) <running for cover>

ERROR 103: Dead mouse in hard drive.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

LadyJane wrote:

> Peter A wrote:
>
> > I once watched a football game (American football for those of you in
> > other countries). It has to be the dumbest, stupidest, most boring sport
> > in history.

> Sorry Peter A... you are wrong! Dead wrong!
> Most boring, most stupid 'sport'?
> HAS to be synchronised swimming. How they dare to call it a sport I
> just don't know.
> IMHO only.
>
> Joke: If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do the rest have to?
> (might not HAVE to but SHOULD do!)

"Come 'ere, 'LadyJane', I want to hold yer head under the water for a few
minutes...heehee..."

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 06 Aug 2006 06:03:07p, Peter A meant to say...

> In article >, Andy <q> says...
>> FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> So long football widows.... see ya in January.
>>

>> Andy
>>

> I once watched a football game (American football for those of you in
> other countries). It has to be the dumbest, stupidest, most boring sport
> in history. Oversized steroid-sucking men run around and bash into each
> other. 80% of the time is commercials and other BS - with only 20%
> devoted to actual play. There is an occasional pass or running play that
> catches your attention, but otherwise it is thump-crunch-commercial-
> commercial-moron commentators shooting off their mouths-commercial-
> commercial-crunch-thump. And to make things worse, 90% of the
> commercials are for beer or SUVs and similar things, aimed at the fat
> lazy audience who wants to pretend that they have some glamour or
> excitement in their lives.

Amen!

> Football, give me a break. Even NASCAR and golf are more interesting.

Yes, even those. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

ERROR 103: Dead mouse in hard drive.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Oh pshaw, on Sun 06 Aug 2006 05:05:32p, Andy meant to say...
>
> > FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > So long football widows.... see ya in January.
> >

> > Andy
> >

> So...that also means more room in non-sports bar restaurants. Yeah!
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright (not fond of American team sports) <running for cover>

ALL sports suck, Wayne. ALL sports are a TOTAL waste of time...although I
don't mind some of the cute players.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 06 Aug 2006 09:34:42p, Gregory Morrow meant to say...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> Oh pshaw, on Sun 06 Aug 2006 05:05:32p, Andy meant to say...
>>
>> > FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>> >
>> > GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!
>> >
>> > So long football widows.... see ya in January.
>> >

>> > Andy
>> >

>> So...that also means more room in non-sports bar restaurants. Yeah!
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright (not fond of American team sports) <running for
>> cover>
>>

> ALL sports suck, Wayne. ALL sports are a TOTAL waste of time...although
> I don't mind some of the cute players.

I heartily agree!

--
Wayne Boatwright

ERROR 103: Dead mouse in hard drive.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL > wrote in news:Xns98186943A96DD9999999@
218.100.0.53:

> Andy <q> wrote in :
>
>> FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

> Go the RAIDERS!!!!
>

> (Although come Aug 31st, I'll be hoping the SEAHAWKS kick their

butts!!)

Uhm... you mean SEAGULLS!!!

I'll take the Raiders!

Andy
Lousy stinkin' Eagles!!!
Lyle Alzado, R.I.P.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter A > wrote in news:MPG.1f405b30b29a49da989812
@news-server.nc.rr.com:

> Football, give me a break. Even NASCAR and golf are more interesting.

Golf? GOLF??? You gotta be kidding!!! Spend half the time watching blue
sky???

Pass the nachos!

I think the rugby players are a tad stupider. No sense to wear armor!
Sheesh!!! Gotta love it!!!!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy <q> wrote in :

> PeterL > wrote in news:Xns98186943A96DD9999999@
> 218.100.0.53:
>
>> Andy <q> wrote in :
>>
>>> FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

>> Go the RAIDERS!!!!
>>

>> (Although come Aug 31st, I'll be hoping the SEAHAWKS kick their

> butts!!)
>

> Uhm... you mean SEAGULLS!!!

Are they like your Eggrolls??

I told you to go the Raiders!! LOL!!

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ga...e.jsp?id=42896

> I'll take the Raiders!

Looks like you're going to get *spanked* again :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy <q> wrote in :

> Peter A > wrote in

> @news-server.nc.rr.com:
>
>> Football, give me a break. Even NASCAR and golf are more interesting.

> Golf? GOLF??? You gotta be kidding!!! Spend half the time watching

blue
> sky???
>
> Pass the nachos!
>
> I think the rugby players are a tad stupider. No sense to wear armor!
> Sheesh!!! Gotta love it!!!!!!

Some of them wear *some* padding. But they're usually the ones afraid of
getting hurt :-)

If you can ever get your hands on a copy of the '92 State Of Origin
Series between Queensland and New South Wales........ you'll see what a
*real* game of football is!!

Plenty of mud, and blood.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter A wrote:
> In article >, Andy <q> says...
> > FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > So long football widows.... see ya in January.
> >

> > Andy
> >

> I once watched a football game (American football for those of you in
> other countries). It has to be the dumbest, stupidest, most boring sport
> in history.

So, you have not seen a baseball game?

John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

>Oversized steroid-sucking men run around and bash into each
> other. 80% of the time is commercials and other BS - with only 20%
> devoted to actual play. There is an occasional pass or running play that
> catches your attention, but otherwise it is thump-crunch-commercial-
> commercial-moron commentators shooting off their mouths-commercial-
> commercial-crunch-thump. And to make things worse, 90% of the
> commercials are for beer or SUVs and similar things, aimed at the fat
> lazy audience who wants to pretend that they have some glamour or
> excitement in their lives.
>
> Football, give me a break. Even NASCAR and golf are more interesting.
>
> --
> Peter Aitken
> Visit my recipe and kitchen myths pages at www.pgacon.com/cooking.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking
c t c t is offline

You're the Dumb One,,Turn off your T.V Or GET A LIFE !!!

JUST ME !!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
message .net...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
> > Oh pshaw, on Sun 06 Aug 2006 05:05:32p, Andy meant to say...
> >
> > > FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > >
> > > GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!
> > >
> > > So long football widows.... see ya in January.
> > >

> > > Andy
> > >

> > So...that also means more room in non-sports bar restaurants. Yeah!
> >
> > --
> > Wayne Boatwright (not fond of American team sports) <running for cover>
> >

> ALL sports suck, Wayne. ALL sports are a TOTAL waste of time...although I
> don't mind some of the cute players.
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

If I can rant on your thought.......what peeves me off to no end is the
$$$$$ that are thrown at high school kids for college 'edgeekayshuns' if
they can throw or hit a ball, a good number of which couldn't spell the name
of the college if they tried, while kids who have worked their butts off
getting decent grades, but weren't the captain of anything remotely
resembling sports are denied assistance outside of loans. They are told
they aren't 'well rounded enough'. The jocks are?!? A girl near me just got
a four year ride to college. When gifted for graduation, she replied 'gramaw
made me rite this not(e), I 'm a jokk so I don't need to study, I'm gonna
major in 'coach'.

I really think that money would have been better spent.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 07 Aug 2006 08:31:28a, Virginia Tadrzynski meant to
say...

> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
> message .net...
>>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>> > Oh pshaw, on Sun 06 Aug 2006 05:05:32p, Andy meant to say...

>> > So...that also means more room in non-sports bar restaurants. Yeah!
>> >
>> > --
>> > Wayne Boatwright (not fond of American team sports) <running for
>> > cover>
>> >

>> ALL sports suck, Wayne. ALL sports are a TOTAL waste of
>> time...although I don't mind some of the cute players.
>>
>> --
>> Best
>> Greg
>>

> If I can rant on your thought.......what peeves me off to no end is the
> $$$$$ that are thrown at high school kids for college 'edgeekayshuns' if
> they can throw or hit a ball, a good number of which couldn't spell the
> name of the college if they tried, while kids who have worked their
> butts off getting decent grades, but weren't the captain of anything
> remotely resembling sports are denied assistance outside of loans. They
> are told they aren't 'well rounded enough'. The jocks are?!? A girl
> near me just got a four year ride to college. When gifted for
> graduation, she replied 'gramaw made me rite this not(e), I 'm a jokk so
> I don't need to study, I'm gonna major in 'coach'.
>
> I really think that money would have been better spent.
> -ginny

And you would be right.

--
Wayne Boatwright