Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Back to Eden

Anyone ever read this title, by Jethro Kloss
This book is full of recipes, most of which focus on specific needs for
bodily healing, and/or promote health in an all natural way.

It claims to be able to cure cancer through proper diet.

(Not quite the cocola and bisquick approach)

http://tinyurl.com/q2vf3

that's a link to amazon.com where book is for sale.
(just to show you the cover... I don't make a dime from it's sell)

If I remember right, the book was writen just prior to 1930

Dude was a vegan?, big promoter of soy, AND he lived to a ripe old age.

I just remember having to eat alot of wheat germ when I was a kid
(after my folks read his book)

WHEAT GERM! OH BOY

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

bobmarley wrote:
> Anyone ever read this title, by Jethro Kloss
> This book is full of recipes, most of which focus on specific needs for
> bodily healing, and/or promote health in an all natural way.
>
> It claims to be able to cure cancer through proper diet.
> [snip]
> If I remember right, the book was writen just prior to 1930
> [snip]

Gosh, he found out how to cure cancer through diet, prior to 1930 and
medical science still hasn't caught up with him? Why do you suppose
that is?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem wrote:

> Gosh, he found out how to cure cancer through diet, prior to 1930 and
> medical science still hasn't caught up with him? Why do you suppose
> that is?

nice try

the answer aem is blowing in the wind
the answer is blowing in the wind

see
Man is forever learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth
Professing themselves to be wise they became fools

we ARE made of clay aem

we are fragile creatures made of earth
cancer is made of earth, cancer is little more than fast growing cells

we are dying for lack of knowledge

the answer is blowing in the wind?

when we was busy chopping down the rain forest, we was killing 1,000s
of species of plants and flowers that scientist will never have the
chance to catalouge or study.

or what about sea plants, we know so very little about the ocean and
it's mysterious depths, maybe there is a plant growing down there that
could cure cancer.

people who live in south asian countries for example have far less rate
of heart disease than Americans, we attribute this to their primary
diet of fish

we are dying from lack of knowledge, I don't stagger at the belief that
cancer can be cured.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"bobmarley" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> see
> Man is forever learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth
> Professing themselves to be wise they became fools
>
> we ARE made of clay aem
>
> we are fragile creatures made of earth
> cancer is made of earth, cancer is little more than fast growing cells
>
> we are dying for lack of knowledge
>
> the answer is blowing in the wind?
>
> when we was busy chopping down the rain forest, we was killing 1,000s
> of species of plants and flowers that scientist will never have the
> chance to catalouge or study.
>
> or what about sea plants, we know so very little about the ocean and
> it's mysterious depths, maybe there is a plant growing down there that
> could cure cancer.
>
> people who live in south asian countries for example have far less rate
> of heart disease than Americans, we attribute this to their primary
> diet of fish
>
> we are dying from lack of knowledge, I don't stagger at the belief that
> cancer can be cured.

The interesting thing, to me, is that it is all cyclical. Prior to nutrition
and germ
theory (discovery of bacterial causes of disease and breakdown of foods into
carbohydrates, proteins, fats, etc.) people ate "all natural" foods because
that
is all there was. Knowledge was all hands-on or word-of-mouth--such as,
sailors on long see voyages who got no fresh fruit developed scurvy, and
children who did not get fruit and vegetables developed rickets, so we knew
we needed these things. ("Eat your vegetables!")

Then in the 1940s physicians, then thought of practically as "gods" began
using these new toys (new science about food makeup, so-called vitamins,
and the metabolism of food) to introduce the idea of Better Living Through
Chemicals. Foods grew to be considered by many to be no more than the sum
of their components--protein, fat, carbs, minerals, vitamins. Doctors
developed,
for example, infant formula with the right ingredients to grow BIGGER
babies,
and it worked, but the babies did not get immunogens and very important
elements we now know are present in breast milk but cannot be duplicated
in formula.

In the 1960s the "whole earth" movement kicked in, the "back-to-nature"
trends in marketing food that was as close to its natural state as possible:
whole grain breads, brown rice, etc. A lot of this had more to do with
fashion than science, but on the whole it was a rejection of the imposition
of the man-made on the natural and the glorification of all things
"natural."
I had a teacher in the 80s who poo-pooed all of this as "the Garden of Eden"
complex. He swore that the body only recognizes chemical compounds. He
loved to use the example of the rats fed different types of bread and
nothing
else. One group got 15-grain organic whole wheat, one groups got Wonder
Bread. At the end of the study the healthiest rats were the Wonder Bread
rats, why? Because Wonder Bread is fortified with vitamins and minerals.

But now, beginning in the 1990s really, there is new evidence that there is
something about "whole foods" that may promote health and even ward off
deadly diseases. Studies replicated all over suggest that for unknown
reasons,
a whole orange, for example, protects your health better than Vitamin C
tablets.
(Sometimes the reasons are known, sometimes not. The suggestion is that
there
are properties or compounds as yet unidentified in whole foods that cannot
be
replicated in the lab or in extractions such as vitamins.)

Having said all of that, I think a major factor in health is just listening
to your
body. It will tell you what it needs. I do think there is an intuitive
factor in
healthy eating and living, science be damned.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
says...

> aem wrote:
>
> > Gosh, he found out how to cure cancer through diet, prior to 1930 and
> > medical science still hasn't caught up with him? Why do you suppose
> > that is?

> nice try
>
> the answer aem is blowing in the wind
> the answer is blowing in the wind
>
> see
> Man is forever learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth
> Professing themselves to be wise they became fools
>
> we ARE made of clay aem
>
> we are fragile creatures made of earth
> cancer is made of earth, cancer is little more than fast growing cells

Cancer is cells that for some reason or another have had the gene that
controls apoptosis turned off. So they keep dividing, splitting, etc.

> we are dying for lack of knowledge
>
> the answer is blowing in the wind?
>
> when we was busy chopping down the rain forest, we was killing 1,000s
> of species of plants and flowers that scientist will never have the
> chance to catalouge or study.

I tend to agree on this point. The rain forest provides more than just
natures pharmacy though - it's also vital to the health of the planet in
other ways, for example it generates a huge amoung of oxygen. Granted,
what we breathe isn't pure oxygen it's vital to us.

> or what about sea plants, we know so very little about the ocean and
> it's mysterious depths, maybe there is a plant growing down there that
> could cure cancer.

We know more about space than we do about our oceans. And yet we keep
dumping crap in our oceans.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

T wrote:

> We know more about space than we do about our oceans. And yet we keep
> dumping crap in our oceans.

I think thing could get better if we became an agri-society

think of how much less trash we would have if we grew or raised our own
food

since matter is neither created or destroyed (we just change it's
properties) I agree, we shouldn't dump in the ocean, but pack it in
containers until we can find a use for it, or a way to change it to
something not harmful

OR inject it into space... lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

..

> It claims to be able to cure cancer through proper diet.

Didn't Bob Marley die of cancer ??

Rosie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"rosie" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> .
> >
> > It claims to be able to cure cancer through proper diet.

> Didn't Bob Marley die of cancer ??

Lung cancer. He smoked a lot. Very sad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

rosie wrote:
> .
> >
> > It claims to be able to cure cancer through proper diet.

> Didn't Bob Marley die of cancer ??

IM not sure

you know, I saw in concert when I was 12 yrs old
yes! the legendary Bob Marley and the Wailers

I was as close to him as I am this computer monitor
and it was full blown! they was jammin!

I had no idea then who he was, but I kept saying
wow, these guys are great! lol

lots of people die of cancer who have never smoked

in that same weekend (im 12 years old mind you)...
two nice women from cyprus... they had taken me to the concert
both of them gave me a massage after the show...

just a friendly massage.. they were like 27 or so

ok, thanks for letting me talk your head off

Later

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"bobmarley" > wrote
> lots of people die of cancer who have never smoked

Is it MY fault he died of lung cancer?

Jesus.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "bobmarley" > wrote
> > lots of people die of cancer who have never smoked
> >

> Is it MY fault he died of lung cancer?
>
> Jesus.

what? that's not even in context

don't talk to me till you can talk english

who even accused you of lung cancer...

oh... nice contribution about health

now that made me horny! allt hat intellectual stimulation

I knew you had it in you

that's the kind of stuff that makes me wanna throw you up on a wall and
make you scream, say my name! SAY MY NAME

oh baby, talk nutrition to me!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

T wrote:
> Was there a happy ending?

im not his judge

I don't know if he is burning in hell with a hot poker up his ass, or
if he's shouting on streets of gold

you got me there!~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"bobmarley" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> T wrote:
> > Was there a happy ending?

> im not his judge
>
> I don't know if he is burning in hell with a hot poker up his ass, or
> if he's shouting on streets of gold
>
> you got me there!~

I think he wants details of your lovely massage.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"bobmarley" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
> > "bobmarley" > wrote
> > > lots of people die of cancer who have never smoked
> > >

> > Is it MY fault he died of lung cancer?
> >
> > Jesus.

> what? that's not even in context
>
> don't talk to me till you can talk english
>
> who even accused you of lung cancer...
>
> oh... nice contribution about health
>
> now that made me horny! allt hat intellectual stimulation
>
> I knew you had it in you
>
> that's the kind of stuff that makes me wanna throw you up on a wall and
> make you scream, say my name! SAY MY NAME
>
> oh baby, talk nutrition to me!

Poor baby.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"bobmarley" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
> > "bobmarley" > wrote
> > > lots of people die of cancer who have never smoked
> > >

> > Is it MY fault he died of lung cancer?

Sure it was. He died of lung cancer, and anyone pointing that out
has to be taking a dig at you because you smoke. When in fact,
someone asked if he didn't die of lung cancer and he did.

Period. The rest of it is your own self loathing. You want to
throw me up on a wall because you perceive me to be superior
to you, not because *I* do. It's very simple. I will bill you for this
analysis. And you can do what you always do with bills for
nonessential services.

Because of course it is not essential that you stop seeing anyone
who has achieved any level of accomplishment as an affront to you.

You can just keep on keeping on. Just the way you are. Just the
way you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> I think he wants details of your lovely massage.

I haven't rubbed anyones back

you ok there?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"bobmarley" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
> > I think he wants details of your lovely massage.

> I haven't rubbed anyones back
>
> you ok there?

Sure. The short term memory is the first thing to go. "T" was responding
to your post below, hoping for all juicy details:

From: "bobmarley" >
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Back to Eden
Date: 2 Aug 2006 17:47:27 -0700

rosie wrote:
> .
> >
> > It claims to be able to cure cancer through proper diet.

> Didn't Bob Marley die of cancer ??

IM not sure

you know, I saw in concert when I was 12 yrs old
yes! the legendary Bob Marley and the Wailers

I was as close to him as I am this computer monitor
and it was full blown! they was jammin!

I had no idea then who he was, but I kept saying
wow, these guys are great! lol

lots of people die of cancer who have never smoked

in that same weekend (im 12 years old mind you)...
two nice women from cyprus... they had taken me to the concert
both of them gave me a massage after the show...

just a friendly massage.. they were like 27 or so

ok, thanks for letting me talk your head off

Later

Posted to rec.food.cooking

bobmarley wrote:
> Anyone ever read this title, by Jethro Kloss
> This book is full of recipes, most of which focus on specific needs for
> bodily healing, and/or promote health in an all natural way.
>
> It claims to be able to cure cancer through proper diet.

Cancer can't survive in an alkaline environment. Eating foods which
keep the body in a slightly alkaline state is essential in curing and
preventing cancer.

http://www.trans4mind.com/nutrition/pH.html
http://www.innerself.com/Health/lesperance03273.htm
http://www.quantumbalancing.com/acid_alkaline.htm

I have a family member fighting stage-IV liver and esophageal cancers
at the moment. Diet is one of his #1 tools in the battle.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"-L." > wrote :

> I have a family member fighting stage-IV liver and esophageal cancers
> at the moment. Diet is one of his #1 tools in the battle.

In a nutshell, which foods are best?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"bobmarley" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> T wrote:
>
> > We know more about space than we do about our oceans. And yet we keep
> > dumping crap in our oceans.

> I think thing could get better if we became an agri-society

You bet. That's moving forward for you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> In a nutshell, which foods are best?

Cancer can't survive in an alkaline enviroment so you want to eat
alkaline-producing foods.

http://www.trans4mind.com/nutrition/pH.html
http://www.innerself.com/Health/lesperance03273.htm
http://www.quantumbalancing.com/acid_alkaline.htm

there are also a number of supplements you can take - high doses of
vitamin C, for example. There is a ton of info on the web about
alternative treatments and diet as a means of controlling (and
preventing) cancer.

-L.

Razing the Harden of Eden. ImStillMags General Cooking 30 03-09-2013 10:59 PM
Canned Eden Beans - Thanks Om Dee Dee General Cooking 1 10-10-2007 07:15 PM
GAN EDEN closes Craig Winchell Wine 9 08-03-2005 02:32 AM
TN 89 & 90 Mount Eden Estate Chardonnays Cwdjrx _ Wine 8 26-07-2004 06:33 AM
The Eden Story and Innocence nemo Vegan 3 11-07-2004 12:39 AM