Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Oscar Meyer's new ultimate lazy hot dog.

Fast Franks!?!

It's official. Oscar Meyer has created the ultimate in food laziness.
Packaged hotdogs on a roll! Unwrap and nuke.

I look forward to the day they make a New/improved version!

For those of you who can't boil water or fight open a hotog bun, your
time to shine has arrived!

Geez...

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I saw this commerical and thought it was the dumbest thing I ever saw.
Right up there with the prewrapped potatoes I saw for microwaving a few
years ago.

Lynne

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Fast Franks!?!
>
> It's official. Oscar Meyer has created the ultimate in food laziness.
> Packaged hotdogs on a roll! Unwrap and nuke.
>
> I look forward to the day they make a New/improved version!
>
> For those of you who can't boil water or fight open a hotog bun, your
> time to shine has arrived!
>
> Geez...
>
> Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Fast Franks!?!
>
> It's official. Oscar Meyer has created the ultimate in food laziness.
> Packaged hotdogs on a roll! Unwrap and nuke.
>
> I look forward to the day they make a New/improved version!
>
> For those of you who can't boil water or fight open a hotog bun, your
> time to shine has arrived!
>
> Geez...
>
> Andy

I've see hotdogs packaged in buns at the store...
I don't look twice at them.

Ick.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Fast Franks!?!
>
> It's official. Oscar Meyer has created the ultimate in food laziness.
> Packaged hotdogs on a roll! Unwrap and nuke.
>
> I look forward to the day they make a New/improved version!
>
> For those of you who can't boil water or fight open a hotog bun, your
> time to shine has arrived!
>
> Geez...
>
> Andy

That wouldn't work for me RATS! <g>

Take Hebrew National hot dogs, slice the long way almost in half, stuff with
high quality mild grated cheddar, then wrap in bacon, and place on griddle.
Once the hot dogs are done, put the appropriate amount of hot dog buns, and
brown them in the bacon drippings. EAT!!!

Now THERE you have a hot dog (well... it's no longer Kosher).

If they come out with something like that I might try it (but probably not).

Chris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

King's Crown wrote:
> I saw this commerical and thought it was the dumbest thing I ever saw.
> Right up there with the prewrapped potatoes I saw for microwaving a few
> years ago.
>
> Lynne

I think the "boil in bag rice" is right up there with prewrapped potatoes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy <q> wrote:
>Fast Franks!?!
>
>It's official. Oscar Meyer has created the ultimate in food laziness.
>Packaged hotdogs on a roll! Unwrap and nuke.

I was eating those out of the automat machine at the
bowling alley 30 years ago. Oscar Mayer didn't create
them, it just branded one.

>I look forward to the day they make a New/improved version!
>
>For those of you who can't boil water or fight open a hotog bun, your
>time to shine has arrived!

There are plenty of people who simply don't have the
concept of cooking down well enough to trust anything
that doesn't come already plated or doesn't have numbered
cartoon directions on the back.

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking

George wrote:
> King's Crown wrote:
> > I saw this commerical and thought it was the dumbest thing I ever saw.
> > Right up there with the prewrapped potatoes I saw for microwaving a few
> > years ago.
> >
> > Lynne
> >

> I think the "boil in bag rice" is right up there with prewrapped potatoes.

At least rice made the proper way takes 20-30 minutes, so I can see the
benefits of an easily-prepared rice. They now have nuke-able rice in a
bag. I looked at it but didn't purchase it because it's terribly high
in salt, and all I could imagine was plastic-flavored rice.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"projectile vomit chick" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 13:23:58 -0500, in rec.food.cooking, Andy <q> hit
> the crackpipe and declared:
> >Fast Franks!?!
> >
> >It's official. Oscar Meyer has created the ultimate in food laziness.
> >Packaged hotdogs on a roll! Unwrap and nuke.
> >
> >I look forward to the day they make a New/improved version!
> >
> >For those of you who can't boil water or fight open a hotog bun, your
> >time to shine has arrived!
> >
> >Geez...

> I bet you have a box of those crackers with the raised edges on them
> so the dip doesn't fall off...

I've seen those ads! Can you even believe it? Is the public *that*
retarded that they can't make a stiff enough dip to stay on a friggin'
cracker? I still shake my head when I see that commercial.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote

> "projectile vomit chick" > wrote

>> I bet you have a box of those crackers with the raised edges on them
>> so the dip doesn't fall off...

> I've seen those ads! Can you even believe it? Is the public *that*
> retarded that they can't make a stiff enough dip to stay on a friggin'
> cracker? I still shake my head when I see that commercial.

(laugh) I saw that. All I remember were crackers flying around
magic carpet style carrying a ton of dip. I guess they are meant
for hors d'oeuvres.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Fast Franks!?!
>
> It's official. Oscar Meyer has created the ultimate in food laziness.
> Packaged hotdogs on a roll! Unwrap and nuke.
>
> I look forward to the day they make a New/improved version!
>
> For those of you who can't boil water or fight open a hotog bun, your
> time to shine has arrived!

Hmm! On the plus side, the problem of the packages of hot dogs and hot
dog buns having a different number of items in them is solved!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz > wrote in news:stan-2AAE3C.11572602082006
@news.giganews.com:

> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> Fast Franks!?!
>>
>> It's official. Oscar Meyer has created the ultimate in food laziness.
>> Packaged hotdogs on a roll! Unwrap and nuke.
>>
>> I look forward to the day they make a New/improved version!
>>
>> For those of you who can't boil water or fight open a hotog bun, your
>> time to shine has arrived!

> Hmm! On the plus side, the problem of the packages of hot dogs and hot
> dog buns having a different number of items in them is solved!

Stan,

LOL! I thought about that. Just something about Old Oscar trying his hand
at making hotdog buns and the further pre-processing. But it's a kraft
company, so they've got that all figured out.

If I had to, I'd eat the Nathan's natural casing hotdogs. Oscar Mayer
always had the consistency of mush. I wanna be like Takeru Kobayashi!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz wrote:
> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> Fast Franks!?!
>>
>> It's official. Oscar Meyer has created the ultimate in food laziness.
>> Packaged hotdogs on a roll! Unwrap and nuke.
>>
>> I look forward to the day they make a New/improved version!
>>
>> For those of you who can't boil water or fight open a hotog bun, your
>> time to shine has arrived!

> Hmm! On the plus side, the problem of the packages of hot dogs and hot
> dog buns having a different number of items in them is solved!

Why don't I seem to have this problem? I used to, in years past. But now
the number of hot dogs and buns match up perfectly.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

>> Hmm! On the plus side, the problem of the packages of hot dogs and
>> hot dog buns having a different number of items in them is solved!

> Why don't I seem to have this problem? I used to, in years past. But
> now the number of hot dogs and buns match up perfectly.
>
> Jill

That's what happens when you get your dogs to go!!! Damn the fastfood
hotdog barons!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 01:26:51 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>Stan Horwitz wrote:
>> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>>
>>> Fast Franks!?!
>>>
>>> It's official. Oscar Meyer has created the ultimate in food laziness.
>>> Packaged hotdogs on a roll! Unwrap and nuke.
>>>
>>> I look forward to the day they make a New/improved version!
>>>
>>> For those of you who can't boil water or fight open a hotog bun, your
>>> time to shine has arrived!

>> Hmm! On the plus side, the problem of the packages of hot dogs and hot
>> dog buns having a different number of items in them is solved!

>Why don't I seem to have this problem? I used to, in years past. But now
>the number of hot dogs and buns match up perfectly.
>
>Jill

I can relate to this. Everytime I buy my men a package of condoms,
the number of condoms does not match the number of men I have sex
with.
Most of the time there are not enough condoms, so I got to put a
plastic baggie and rubber band on those guys.

Mary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

-L. wrote:
> George wrote:
>
>>King's Crown wrote:
>>
>>>I saw this commerical and thought it was the dumbest thing I ever saw.
>>>Right up there with the prewrapped potatoes I saw for microwaving a few
>>>years ago.
>>>
>>>Lynne
>>>

>>I think the "boil in bag rice" is right up there with prewrapped potatoes.

> At least rice made the proper way takes 20-30 minutes, so I can see the
> benefits of an easily-prepared rice. They now have nuke-able rice in a
> bag. I looked at it but didn't purchase it because it's terribly high
> in salt, and all I could imagine was plastic-flavored rice.
>
> -L.

Yes, but from reading the bag there isn't any difference in time. So it
would seem the value is <nil>.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

George > wrote in
:

> -L. wrote:
>> George wrote:

>>>I think the "boil in bag rice" is right up there with prewrapped
>>>potatoes.

>> At least rice made the proper way takes 20-30 minutes, so I can see
>> the benefits of an easily-prepared rice. They now have nuke-able
>> rice in a bag. I looked at it but didn't purchase it because it's
>> terribly high in salt, and all I could imagine was plastic-flavored
>> rice.
>>
>> -L.
>>

> Yes, but from reading the bag there isn't any difference in time. So
> it would seem the value is <nil>.

Trader Joe's sells a frozen USDA organic brown rice in a bag (in a three-
pack box). Each 2-cup bag takes three minutes in the microwave and is
sodium free. Delicious, imho. YMMV.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:
>I can relate to this. Everytime I buy my men a package of condoms,
>the number of condoms does not match the number of men I have sex
>with.
>Most of the time there are not enough condoms, so I got to put a
>plastic baggie and rubber band on those guys.

They're wearing them two and three at a time?

Sounds like a good idea, with you.

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking

King's Crown wrote:
> I saw this commerical and thought it was the dumbest thing I ever saw.
> Right up there with the prewrapped potatoes I saw for microwaving a few
> years ago.
>
> Lynne
>
> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> > Fast Franks!?!
> >
> > It's official. Oscar Meyer has created the ultimate in food laziness.
> > Packaged hotdogs on a roll! Unwrap and nuke.
> >
> > I look forward to the day they make a New/improved version!
> >
> > For those of you who can't boil water or fight open a hotog bun, your
> > time to shine has arrived!
> >
> > Geez...
> >
> > Andy

How about peanut butter & jelly in the same jar?

Imagine the drudgery of having to open 2 jars. And what happens if you
use up one or the other first?

And why were those microwaveable potatoes wrapped? I just stick a
potato in the micro and follow the instructions that came with the oven.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> George > wrote in
> :
>
> > -L. wrote:

> >> At least rice made the proper way takes 20-30 minutes, so I can see
> >> the benefits of an easily-prepared rice. They now have nuke-able
> >> rice in a bag. I looked at it but didn't purchase it because it's
> >> terribly high in salt, and all I could imagine was plastic-flavored
> >> rice.
> >>
> >> -L.
> >>

> > Yes, but from reading the bag there isn't any difference in time. So
> > it would seem the value is <nil>.

> Trader Joe's sells a frozen USDA organic brown rice in a bag (in a three-
> pack box). Each 2-cup bag takes three minutes in the microwave and is
> sodium free. Delicious, imho. YMMV.

I agree. I buy that rice sometime. I also buy the Success or Uncle Ben's
rice in a bag. Why? Because I have trouble getting regular rice to come
out to the same consistency or texture all the time. The bagged rice
just cooks right every time and it does not need a special pot, nor does
it care if its overcooked slightly and the result has always worked well
for me, which is more than I can say for regular rice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz > wrote:
>Peanut butter and jelly in the same jar has been around for at least 20
>years, if not longer.

Much longer. I can remember it from the 70s. Probably
been around almost as long as PB&J has been popular
(there's a story that it was something the GIs in WW2 got
hooked on in some way, but that's always sounded vague
and apocryphal to me.)

--Blair