Old 31-07-2006, 01:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default grill out: lemon garlic seafood

1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on

3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a bit of
olive oil)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbl dried oregano

Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
grill

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com

Old 31-07-2006, 12:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
The Bubbo wrote:

1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on

3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a bit of
olive oil)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbl dried oregano

Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
grill

Yummy. :-)
I like to grill marinated shrimp... but I often add whole fresh
mushrooms to the skewers.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Old 31-07-2006, 06:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
The Bubbo wrote:

1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on

3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a
bit of
olive oil)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbl dried oregano

Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
grill

And as I keep saying, a little amaretto liqueur goes well with this fish
recipe. I have never done it with shrimp, since it isn't kosher so I
can't eat it, but it goes very well with things like salmon filet with
the rest of that recipe. Plus a little paprika on top. You can even
microwave it. Salmon filet needs at least 12 minutes, I believe. Some
people MW it for only 8 minutes, but I think the additional 4 minutes
improves it greatly.

Old 31-07-2006, 10:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

The Bubbo wrote:
1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on

3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a bit of
olive oil)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbl dried oregano

Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
grill

This recipe brough back a really good food memory...
I learned to grill lamb from two Jordanian guys I knew in college.
They used 20-30 cloves of fresh garlic, about 1/4 c olive oil and a
half-cup of fresh lemon juice. Marinated the lamb chops in this mixure
for at least 6 hours, rubbing the garlic into the flesh on a regular
basis. I never like lamb until I had it prepared this way - it was
incredible.

-L.

Old 31-07-2006, 11:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article ,
The Bubbo wrote:

1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on

3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a bit of
olive oil)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbl dried oregano

Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
grill

Yummy. :-)
I like to grill marinated shrimp... but I often add whole fresh
mushrooms to the skewers.

aaaaaaaaaaaagh
THE MUSHROOM MONSTERSSSSSSS!!! MY EYES!

I actually considered doing kabobs with shrimp and veggies but I really wanted
to make the salad and I didn't want to be redundant

but, perhaps next weekend.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com

Old 31-07-2006, 11:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Mordechai Housman wrote:
In article ,
The Bubbo wrote:

1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on

3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a
bit of
olive oil)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbl dried oregano

Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
grill

And as I keep saying, a little amaretto liqueur goes well with this fish
recipe. I have never done it with shrimp, since it isn't kosher so I
can't eat it, but it goes very well with things like salmon filet with
the rest of that recipe. Plus a little paprika on top. You can even
microwave it. Salmon filet needs at least 12 minutes, I believe. Some
people MW it for only 8 minutes, but I think the additional 4 minutes
improves it greatly.

I'll have to try that. I was thinking about salmon but the person I was making
fish for since she doesn't like shrimp also did not like salmon so I went with
the mahi mahi.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Old 31-07-2006, 11:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

-L. wrote:

The Bubbo wrote:
1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on

3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a bit of
olive oil)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbl dried oregano

Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
grill

This recipe brough back a really good food memory...
I learned to grill lamb from two Jordanian guys I knew in college.
They used 20-30 cloves of fresh garlic, about 1/4 c olive oil and a
half-cup of fresh lemon juice. Marinated the lamb chops in this mixure
for at least 6 hours, rubbing the garlic into the flesh on a regular
basis. I never like lamb until I had it prepared this way - it was
incredible.

-L.

my goodness that sounds delightful. did they roast or grill or pan fry the
chops?

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Old 01-08-2006, 01:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

The Bubbo wrote:
my goodness that sounds delightful. did they roast or grill or pan fry the
chops?

Grilled them over an open flame until medium. I wish I had thought
to have them write down some of their other recipes. They were
excellent cooks. I have no idea where they are now. I know Raed had
to go back to Jordan to serve in the military after graduation, and I
lost contact with both of them after that.

-L.

Old 01-08-2006, 03:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
The Bubbo wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article ,
The Bubbo wrote:

1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on

3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a bit of
olive oil)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbl dried oregano

Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
grill

Yummy. :-)
I like to grill marinated shrimp... but I often add whole fresh
mushrooms to the skewers.

aaaaaaaaaaaagh
THE MUSHROOM MONSTERSSSSSSS!!! MY EYES!

I actually considered doing kabobs with shrimp and veggies but I really wanted
to make the salad and I didn't want to be redundant

but, perhaps next weekend.

:-)

I forget, you don't like mushrooms... Sorry! :-)

Skewering pineapple chunks and grilling those along with most meats is
also pretty yummy.
--
Peace!
Om