General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,059
Default grill out: lemon garlic seafood

1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on

3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a bit of
olive oil)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbl dried oregano

Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
grill



--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Poor Impulse Control.
  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 279
Default grill out: lemon garlic seafood

In article >,
The Bubbo > wrote:

> 1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
> 1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on
>
> 3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a bit of
> olive oil)
> 1/4 cup olive oil
> 1/4 cup lemon juice
> 1 tbl dried oregano
>
> Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
> grill


Yummy. :-)
I like to grill marinated shrimp... but I often add whole fresh
mushrooms to the skewers.
--
Peace!
Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch"
-- Jack Nicholson
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 400
Default grill out: lemon garlic seafood

> In article >,
> The Bubbo > wrote:
>
>> 1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
>> 1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on
>>
>> 3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a
>> bit of
>> olive oil)
>> 1/4 cup olive oil
>> 1/4 cup lemon juice
>> 1 tbl dried oregano
>>
>> Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
>> grill


And as I keep saying, a little amaretto liqueur goes well with this fish
recipe. I have never done it with shrimp, since it isn't kosher so I
can't eat it, but it goes very well with things like salmon filet with
the rest of that recipe. Plus a little paprika on top. You can even
microwave it. Salmon filet needs at least 12 minutes, I believe. Some
people MW it for only 8 minutes, but I think the additional 4 minutes
improves it greatly.

  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,180
Default grill out: lemon garlic seafood


The Bubbo wrote:
> 1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
> 1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on
>
> 3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a bit of
> olive oil)
> 1/4 cup olive oil
> 1/4 cup lemon juice
> 1 tbl dried oregano
>
> Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
> grill


This recipe brough back a really good food memory...
I learned to grill lamb from two Jordanian guys I knew in college.
They used 20-30 cloves of fresh garlic, about 1/4 c olive oil and a
half-cup of fresh lemon juice. Marinated the lamb chops in this mixure
for at least 6 hours, rubbing the garlic into the flesh on a regular
basis. I never like lamb until I had it prepared this way - it was
incredible.

-L.

  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,059
Default grill out: lemon garlic seafood

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >,
> The Bubbo > wrote:
>
>> 1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
>> 1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on
>>
>> 3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a bit of
>> olive oil)
>> 1/4 cup olive oil
>> 1/4 cup lemon juice
>> 1 tbl dried oregano
>>
>> Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
>> grill

>
> Yummy. :-)
> I like to grill marinated shrimp... but I often add whole fresh
> mushrooms to the skewers.


aaaaaaaaaaaagh
THE MUSHROOM MONSTERSSSSSSS!!! MY EYES!

I actually considered doing kabobs with shrimp and veggies but I really wanted
to make the salad and I didn't want to be redundant

but, perhaps next weekend.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Poor Impulse Control.


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,059
Default grill out: lemon garlic seafood

Mordechai Housman wrote:
>> In article >,
>> The Bubbo > wrote:
>>
>>> 1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
>>> 1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on
>>>
>>> 3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a
>>> bit of
>>> olive oil)
>>> 1/4 cup olive oil
>>> 1/4 cup lemon juice
>>> 1 tbl dried oregano
>>>
>>> Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
>>> grill

>
> And as I keep saying, a little amaretto liqueur goes well with this fish
> recipe. I have never done it with shrimp, since it isn't kosher so I
> can't eat it, but it goes very well with things like salmon filet with
> the rest of that recipe. Plus a little paprika on top. You can even
> microwave it. Salmon filet needs at least 12 minutes, I believe. Some
> people MW it for only 8 minutes, but I think the additional 4 minutes
> improves it greatly.
>


I'll have to try that. I was thinking about salmon but the person I was making
fish for since she doesn't like shrimp also did not like salmon so I went with
the mahi mahi.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Poor Impulse Control.
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,059
Default grill out: lemon garlic seafood

-L. wrote:
>
> The Bubbo wrote:
>> 1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
>> 1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on
>>
>> 3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a bit of
>> olive oil)
>> 1/4 cup olive oil
>> 1/4 cup lemon juice
>> 1 tbl dried oregano
>>
>> Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
>> grill

>
> This recipe brough back a really good food memory...
> I learned to grill lamb from two Jordanian guys I knew in college.
> They used 20-30 cloves of fresh garlic, about 1/4 c olive oil and a
> half-cup of fresh lemon juice. Marinated the lamb chops in this mixure
> for at least 6 hours, rubbing the garlic into the flesh on a regular
> basis. I never like lamb until I had it prepared this way - it was
> incredible.
>
> -L.
>


my goodness that sounds delightful. did they roast or grill or pan fry the
chops?

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Poor Impulse Control.
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,180
Default grill out: lemon garlic seafood


The Bubbo wrote:
> my goodness that sounds delightful. did they roast or grill or pan fry the
> chops?
>


Grilled them over an open flame until medium. I wish I had thought
to have them write down some of their other recipes. They were
excellent cooks. I have no idea where they are now. I know Raed had
to go back to Jordan to serve in the military after graduation, and I
lost contact with both of them after that.

-L.

  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 279
Default grill out: lemon garlic seafood

In article >,
The Bubbo > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > The Bubbo > wrote:
> >
> >> 1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
> >> 1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on
> >>
> >> 3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a bit of
> >> olive oil)
> >> 1/4 cup olive oil
> >> 1/4 cup lemon juice
> >> 1 tbl dried oregano
> >>
> >> Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
> >> grill

> >
> > Yummy. :-)
> > I like to grill marinated shrimp... but I often add whole fresh
> > mushrooms to the skewers.

>
> aaaaaaaaaaaagh
> THE MUSHROOM MONSTERSSSSSSS!!! MY EYES!
>
> I actually considered doing kabobs with shrimp and veggies but I really wanted
> to make the salad and I didn't want to be redundant
>
> but, perhaps next weekend.


:-)

I forget, you don't like mushrooms... Sorry! :-)

Skewering pineapple chunks and grilling those along with most meats is
also pretty yummy.
--
Peace!
Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch"
-- Jack Nicholson
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A True Italian Acquamare Seafood Bar & Grill [email protected] Restaurants 0 16-04-2009 12:32 AM
Seafood Pasta With Lemon-Saffron Herb Dressing yankeegrL425 Recipes (moderated) 0 13-09-2005 12:51 AM
SEAFOOD PASTA WITH LEMON-SAFFRON HERB DRESSING yankeegrL425 Recipes 0 12-09-2005 08:28 AM
Mixed Seafood Paella With Garlic Aioli 7Hawks Recipes (moderated) 0 21-11-2004 04:12 AM
Mixed Seafood Paella With Garlic Aioli 7Hawks Recipes 0 19-11-2004 09:06 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"