Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Slightly OT-Humble yet proud

Be advised all you smug doubters, I've been asked to join a selective
group of associate editors for an established cook book publisher,
reviewing their most recent publications and advising them on important
matters regarding recipes, layout, etc. I did not solicit this honor;
they obviously heard about me from other sources.

Moreover, if I review and like a particular cook book, they want my
editorial comments and a check for $29.95 for handling purposes AND I
can keep the cook book.

Neither of my parents thought I'd ever amount to anything; it's too bad
they're not both alive to enjoy this prestigeous honor. And in the
light of my recent success I'd appreciate fewer pejorative comments to
my postings in this newsgroup.

Thank you.

P.S. If you'd like my expert opinion on any of your recipes, I'll be
happy to oblige. Just let me know where to send the comments and the
check.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"stark" > wrote:

> Be advised all you smug doubters, I've been asked to join a selective
> group of associate editors for an established cook book publisher,
> reviewing their most recent publications and advising them on important
> matters regarding recipes, layout, etc. I did not solicit this honor;
> they obviously heard about me from other sources.
>
> Moreover, if I review and like a particular cook book, they want my
> editorial comments and a check for $29.95 for handling purposes AND I
> can keep the cook book.
>
> Neither of my parents thought I'd ever amount to anything; it's too bad
> they're not both alive to enjoy this prestigeous honor. And in the
> light of my recent success I'd appreciate fewer pejorative comments to
> my postings in this newsgroup.
>
> Thank you.
>
> P.S. If you'd like my expert opinion on any of your recipes, I'll be
> happy to oblige. Just let me know where to send the comments and the
> check.

How much are you going to pay us for our recipes? ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"stark" > wrote

> Neither of my parents thought I'd ever amount to anything; it's too bad
> they're not both alive to enjoy this prestigeous honor. And in the
> light of my recent success I'd appreciate fewer pejorative comments to
> my postings in this newsgroup.

This post is just flat out hilarious. What a riot.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote on 30 Jul 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> "stark" > wrote
>
> > Neither of my parents thought I'd ever amount to anything; it's too bad
> > they're not both alive to enjoy this prestigeous honor. And in the
> > light of my recent success I'd appreciate fewer pejorative comments to
> > my postings in this newsgroup.

> This post is just flat out hilarious. What a riot.
>
> nancy

So we send him a recipe...if he likes it he sends us a cheque?

--

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect

-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

stark wrote:
> Be advised all you smug doubters, I've been asked to join a selective
> group of associate editors for an established cook book publisher,
> reviewing their most recent publications and advising them on important
> matters regarding recipes, layout, etc. I did not solicit this honor;
> they obviously heard about me from other sources.
>
> Moreover, if I review and like a particular cook book, they want my
> editorial comments and a check for $29.95 for handling purposes AND I
> can keep the cook book.
>
> Neither of my parents thought I'd ever amount to anything; it's too bad
> they're not both alive to enjoy this prestigeous honor.

Wow, that's an impressive honor. Can we still refer to you as Stark or
is it Lord/Lady Stark now? When's the official ceremony? Are there
medals and a tiara involved?

You lucky (OB food) duck!

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr Libido Incognito wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote on 30 Jul 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> "stark" > wrote
>>
>>> Neither of my parents thought I'd ever amount to anything; it's too bad
>>> they're not both alive to enjoy this prestigeous honor. And in the
>>> light of my recent success I'd appreciate fewer pejorative comments to
>>> my postings in this newsgroup.

>> This post is just flat out hilarious. What a riot.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> So we send him a recipe...if he likes it he sends us a cheque?

It seems so, but don't hold your breath waiting....

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote on 30 Jul 2006 in rec.food.cooking

>> "stark" > wrote
>>
>> > Neither of my parents thought I'd ever amount to anything; it's too bad
>> > they're not both alive to enjoy this prestigeous honor. And in the
>> > light of my recent success I'd appreciate fewer pejorative comments to
>> > my postings in this newsgroup.

>> This post is just flat out hilarious. What a riot.

> So we send him a recipe...if he likes it he sends us a cheque?

Seems like a plan to me! No? We can get in on this action.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>> "starkravenIMBECILE" wrote:

> > Be advised all you smug doubters, I've been asked to join a selective
> > group of associate editors for an established cook book publisher,
> > reviewing their most recent publications and advising them on important
> > matters regarding recipes, layout, etc. I did not solicit this honor;
> > they obviously heard about me from other sources.
> >
> > Moreover, if I review and like a particular cook book, they want my
> > editorial comments and a check for $29.95 for handling purposes AND I
> > can keep the cook book.
> >
> > Neither of my parents thought I'd ever amount to anything; it's too bad
> > they're not both alive to enjoy this prestigeous honor. And in the
> > light of my recent success I'd appreciate fewer pejorative comments to
> > my postings in this newsgroup.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > P.S. If you'd like my expert opinion on any of your recipes, I'll be
> > happy to oblige. Just let me know where to send the comments and the
> > check.

> How much are you going to pay us for our recipes? ;-)

Cantcha read, she said $29.95... in fact all she's gotta do is send the
check, not bother with her fercocktah opinions.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30 Jul 2006 07:38:46 -0700, "stark" >
wrote:

>Be advised all you smug doubters, I've been asked to join a selective
>group of associate editors for an established cook book publisher,
>reviewing their most recent publications and advising them on important
>matters regarding recipes, layout, etc. I did not solicit this honor;
>they obviously heard about me from other sources.
>
>Moreover, if I review and like a particular cook book, they want my
>editorial comments and a check for $29.95 for handling purposes AND I
>can keep the cook book.
>
>Neither of my parents thought I'd ever amount to anything; it's too bad
>they're not both alive to enjoy this prestigeous honor. And in the
>light of my recent success I'd appreciate fewer pejorative comments to
>my postings in this newsgroup.
>
>Thank you.
>
>P.S. If you'd like my expert opinion on any of your recipes, I'll be
>happy to oblige. Just let me know where to send the comments and the
>check.

I'm so proud to know you! Can I have your autograph? I'll only
charge you a buck.

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"stark" > wrote:

> Be advised all you smug doubters, I've been asked to join a selective
> group of associate editors for an established cook book publisher,
> reviewing their most recent publications and advising them on important
> matters regarding recipes, layout, etc. I did not solicit this honor;
> they obviously heard about me from other sources.
>
> Moreover, if I review and like a particular cook book, they want my
> editorial comments and a check for $29.95 for handling purposes AND I
> can keep the cook book.
>
> Neither of my parents thought I'd ever amount to anything; it's too bad
> they're not both alive to enjoy this prestigeous honor. And in the
> light of my recent success I'd appreciate fewer pejorative comments to
> my postings in this newsgroup.
>
> Thank you.
>
> P.S. If you'd like my expert opinion on any of your recipes, I'll be
> happy to oblige. Just let me know where to send the comments and the
> check.

ROTFL!!! I cry for happy you.
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 7-27-06, For The King and His

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "stark" > wrote
>
> > Neither of my parents thought I'd ever amount to anything; it's too bad
> > they're not both alive to enjoy this prestigeous honor. And in the
> > light of my recent success I'd appreciate fewer pejorative comments to
> > my postings in this newsgroup.

> This post is just flat out hilarious. What a riot.
>
> nancy

Yup, this is definitely a knee-slapper. This, uh, "associate editor"
position sounds more like some scam publisher's Cookbook of the Month
club. C'mon, he's got to return the cookbooks (along with his
highly-valued opinions, of course) or he'll be charged $30? Yeah,
*that's* the way editors work.

ED CONRAD DONE IN BY HUMBLE PIE Intrepid[_3_] Baking 0 04-10-2012 03:34 PM
Hey Ya'll!! I'm so proud!!! feverish General Cooking 83 30-10-2006 03:24 AM
humble introduction cj5 Tea 6 11-09-2006 09:54 AM
Proud Jason in Dallas Barbecue 21 18-03-2004 11:42 PM
We are pretty proud Ol' Hippie Barbecue 3 18-12-2003 08:07 PM