Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Very hot temps here...

It is very warm here. So I decided to make Corn bread...Go figure...If I'm
gona sweat I might as well eat good.

Just a box mix...added soured milk (added 2 tsp lemon juice; I couldn't
find buttermilk in the store), creamed corn, green chiles and shredded
cheese. Should go well with the salad I have for lunch tomorrow...

--

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect

-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr Libido Incognito > wrote in
:

> It is very warm here. So I decided to make Corn bread...Go figure...If
> I'm gona sweat I might as well eat good.
>
> Just a box mix...added soured milk (added 2 tsp lemon juice; I
> couldn't find buttermilk in the store), creamed corn, green chiles and
> shredded cheese. Should go well with the salad I have for lunch
> tomorrow...

Mr Libido Incognito,

Hmmm... pop overs and butter would've been my choice, if allowed.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Mr Libido Incognito > wrote in
> :
>
> > It is very warm here. So I decided to make Corn bread...Go figure...If
> > I'm gona sweat I might as well eat good.
> >
> > Just a box mix...added soured milk (added 2 tsp lemon juice; I
> > couldn't find buttermilk in the store), creamed corn, green chiles and
> > shredded cheese. Should go well with the salad I have for lunch
> > tomorrow...

> Mr Libido Incognito,
>
> Hmmm... pop overs and butter would've been my choice, if allowed.
>
> Andy

On a diet?

I think chilled quinces are really great for summer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dee" > wrote in news:1153476967.470975.176380
@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> Andy wrote:
>> Mr Libido Incognito > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > It is very warm here. So I decided to make Corn bread...Go

figure...If
>> > I'm gona sweat I might as well eat good.
>> >
>> > Just a box mix...added soured milk (added 2 tsp lemon juice; I
>> > couldn't find buttermilk in the store), creamed corn, green chiles

and
>> > shredded cheese. Should go well with the salad I have for lunch
>> > tomorrow...

>> Mr Libido Incognito,
>>
>> Hmmm... pop overs and butter would've been my choice, if allowed.
>>
>> Andy

> On a diet?
>
> I think chilled quinces are really great for summer.

dee,

Yep. Weight and age! ;o)

Never had quince. Explain?!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> "dee" > wrote in news:1153476967.470975.176380
> @i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
>

> > Andy wrote:
> >> Mr Libido Incognito > wrote in
> >> :

> figure...If

> and
> >>

> >> Mr Libido Incognito,
> >>
> >> Hmmm... pop overs and butter would've been my choice, if allowed.
> >>
> >> Andy

> > On a diet?
> >
> > I think chilled quinces are really great for summer.

> dee,
>
> Yep. Weight and age! ;o)
>
> Never had quince. Explain?!
>
> Andy

It's juicy (great when thirsty) and sweet, less dense than apple/pear,
some photos:
http://www.newyorkcarver.com/quince.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote on 21 Jul 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> "dee" > wrote in news:1153476967.470975.176380
> @i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
>

> > Andy wrote:
> >> Mr Libido Incognito > wrote in
> >> :

> figure...If

> and
> >>

> >> Mr Libido Incognito,
> >>
> >> Hmmm... pop overs and butter would've been my choice, if allowed.
> >>
> >> Andy

> > On a diet?
> >
> > I think chilled quinces are really great for summer.

> dee,
>
> Yep. Weight and age! ;o)
>
> Never had quince. Explain?!
>
> Andy

How would Dee know why you never had quince?

--

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect

-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr Libido Incognito > wrote in
:

>> dee,
>>
>> Yep. Weight and age! ;o)
>>
>> Never had quince. Explain?!
>>
>> Andy
>>

> How would Dee know why you never had quince?

ROFL!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mr Libido Incognito > wrote:

> It is very warm here. So I decided to make Corn bread...Go figure...If I'm
> gona sweat I might as well eat good.
>
> Just a box mix...added soured milk (added 2 tsp lemon juice; I couldn't
> find buttermilk in the store), creamed corn, green chiles and shredded
> cheese. Should go well with the salad I have for lunch tomorrow...

I'm doing more braising at the moment...
It's pretty fast actually.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Grill max temps Nonny Barbecue 1 19-07-2009 02:56 AM
Storing temps versus serving temps SJP Wine 1 15-10-2004 01:56 PM
Fermenting at low temps sgbrix Winemaking 1 04-10-2004 07:22 PM
FRIDGE TEMPS General Cooking 13 14-08-2004 05:03 PM
TN: Wines while temps were around 0 (-17 C°) Dale Williams Wine 2 18-01-2004 08:26 PM