FoodBanter.com

-   -   Recipes Needed for Fundraisier (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/96593-recipes-needed-fundraisier.html)

David Ayres 19-07-2006 03:16 AM

Recipes Needed for Fundraisier

Hi Everyone!

I'm with a new nonprofit group, Online Youth Services, who just
received their federal tax exempt status. We're doing a cookbook
fundraiser to help us get started and are in need of some more recipes
to meet our goal. If anyone would be willing to donate some recipes, it
would go a long way to helping us get started!

You can read about the organization on its' website,
http://www.oys.org/, or email me for more information.

Thanks in Advance,
David Ayres

Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] 19-07-2006 03:52 AM

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to send 19-07-2006 08:58 AM

David Ayres wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I'm with a new nonprofit group, Online Youth Services, who just
> received their federal tax exempt status. We're doing a cookbook
> fundraiser to help us get started and are in need of some more recipes
> to meet our goal. If anyone would be willing to donate some recipes, it
> would go a long way to helping us get started!

One of the major cookbook publishers -- sorry, I can't remember which,
but 5 seconds after I post this I will remember -- has recipes that you
can use to fill in your cookbook with.

And if you need a lot, there's always these sites:

http://www.ffts.com/recipes.htm
http://www.thehoseys.com/recipes.html

(and yep, I have all these recipes on my hard drive -- I'm a recipe junkie)

David Ayres 19-07-2006 01:03 PM

Recipes Needed for Fundraisier

Thanks for the recipe sites! I'll have to spend some time this weekend
and look through them. And how many of those have you prepared? :)

Dave

jmcquown 19-07-2006 03:00 PM

David Ayres wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I'm with a new nonprofit group, Online Youth Services, who just
> received their federal tax exempt status. We're doing a cookbook
> fundraiser to help us get started and are in need of some more recipes
> to meet our goal. If anyone would be willing to donate some recipes,
> it would go a long way to helping us get started!
>
> You can read about the organization on its' website,
> http://www.oys.org/, or email me for more information.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> David Ayres

David, my question to you would be, what types of recipes are you lacking?
As with an at-work potluck, you may find yourself overrun with desserts and
snacky-type foods unless you take control from the get-go :)

Jill

Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] 19-07-2006 08:35 PM

Recipes Needed for Fundraisier

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:00:04 -0500, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>David, my question to you would be, what types of recipes are you lacking?
>As with an at-work potluck, you may find yourself overrun with desserts and
>snacky-type foods unless you take control from the get-go :)

I sent him Black Bean Chili, Old-Fashioned Carrot Cake, Cherry Coconut
Bars, Cottage Pie (mine, not yours), and Shrimp Rangoon.

I admire the goals of the organization, and I hope that the cookbook
and our recipes will help them to achieve those goals.

Carol

David Ayres 20-07-2006 02:48 AM

Recipes Needed for Fundraisier

Jill,

You're certainly correct, we're doing ok on desserts. :) Is there a
rule of thumb for a general cookbook that works the best? Mostly Main
Dishes, evenly divided, etc.? I'm FAR from a cookbook aficionado. :)

As for our needs now, we can use recipes for any category. But, the
following categories are lagging farther behind the rest:

Vegetables & Side Dishes
Breads & Rolls
This & That

Dave

David Ayres 20-07-2006 02:50 AM

Recipes Needed for Fundraisier

That's who we're using. I looked around and they looked like the "best
game in town". Have you used them before?

Dave

jmcquown 20-07-2006 04:03 AM

David Ayres wrote:
> Jill,
>
> You're certainly correct, we're doing ok on desserts. :) Is there a
> rule of thumb for a general cookbook that works the best? Mostly Main
> Dishes, evenly divided, etc.? I'm FAR from a cookbook aficionado. :)
>
> As for our needs now, we can use recipes for any category. But, the
> following categories are lagging farther behind the rest:
>
> Vegetables & Side Dishes
> Breads & Rolls
> This & That
>
> Dave

I'll dig through my stuff and email you a few tomorrow!

Jill