Old 17-07-2006, 06:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish?

I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Old 17-07-2006, 07:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Benjamin Lotto wrote:
I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

I don't believe they make one that size.

N.

Old 17-07-2006, 07:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Benjamin Lotto" wrote in message
ups.com...
I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Have you gone to www.pyrex.com, found a phone number, and called the
company?

Old 17-07-2006, 07:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17 Jul 2006 10:45:32 -0700, "Benjamin Lotto"
wrote:

I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried WalMart? I got a 9x9 there, but haven't found an 8x8
yet. I get the ones with ridges on the sides, and plastic covers.

Carol
Old 17-07-2006, 08:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.

Have you tried WalMart? I got a 9x9 there, but haven't found an 8x8
yet. I get the ones with ridges on the sides, and plastic covers.

Thanks for the pointer. I'll call the "local" WalMart (about 40
minutes away!) and see if they have one.

Old 17-07-2006, 08:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"benlotto" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:

I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.

Have you tried WalMart? I got a 9x9 there, but haven't found an 8x8
yet. I get the ones with ridges on the sides, and plastic covers.

Thanks for the pointer. I'll call the "local" WalMart (about 40
minutes away!) and see if they have one.

There's a link at www.pyrex.com that's labeled "Buy Now", although it might
mean something altogether different.

Old 17-07-2006, 09:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Benjamin Lotto wrote:

I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Maybe they make one exclusively for Target or WalMart, but their
website doesn't list one.

N.

Old 17-07-2006, 09:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" wrote in message
ps.com...

Benjamin Lotto wrote:

I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Maybe they make one exclusively for Target or WalMart, but their
website doesn't list one.

N.

Do they list the traditional rectangular dish? I only took a fast look, and
all I saw was the tricky stuff with lids & other bells & whistles.

Old 17-07-2006, 10:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"L, not -L" wrote

On 17-Jul-2006, "Benjamin Lotto" wrote:

I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

I'll bet you'll find one in a local thrift store, such as Goodwill.

In that vein, I looked on ebay ... I did not see a pyrex glass dish
size 9X9. Since they have a lot of vintage stuff, it's a collectible,
I wonder if they have ever made such a thing.

nancy

Old 17-07-2006, 10:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Benjamin Lotto" wrote in
ups.com:

I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Benjamin,

There are 9x9s in non-stick materials, etc., not pyrex. I didn't see a
ceramic 9x9 anywhere either.

Maybe it's because pyrex pan sets are designed so they can sit inside
each other to reduce packaging and conserve cabinet space?!?

Andy
Old 17-07-2006, 10:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q wrote in message ...
"Benjamin Lotto" wrote in
ups.com:

I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Benjamin,

There are 9x9s in non-stick materials, etc., not pyrex. I didn't see a
ceramic 9x9 anywhere either.

Maybe it's because pyrex pan sets are designed so they can sit inside
each other to reduce packaging and conserve cabinet space?!?

Andy

You crazy guy. They still make the 9x13. A 9x9 would nest fine in that,
especially since the 9x13s nest into one another.

Old 17-07-2006, 10:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:WjTug.5531
:

Benjamin,

There are 9x9s in non-stick materials, etc., not pyrex. I didn't see a
ceramic 9x9 anywhere either.

Maybe it's because pyrex pan sets are designed so they can sit inside
each other to reduce packaging and conserve cabinet space?!?

Andy

You crazy guy. They still make the 9x13. A 9x9 would nest fine in that,
especially since the 9x13s nest into one another.

Joe,

How? I could understand if the sides of the pan's height was trapazoidal,
with a nine inch top measure and an eight inch bottom measure.

Andy
Old 17-07-2006, 10:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q wrote in message ...
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:WjTug.5531
:

Benjamin,

There are 9x9s in non-stick materials, etc., not pyrex. I didn't see a
ceramic 9x9 anywhere either.

Maybe it's because pyrex pan sets are designed so they can sit inside
each other to reduce packaging and conserve cabinet space?!?

Andy

You crazy guy. They still make the 9x13. A 9x9 would nest fine in that,
especially since the 9x13s nest into one another.

Joe,

How? I could understand if the sides of the pan's height was trapazoidal,
with a nine inch top measure and an eight inch bottom measure.

Andy

Haven't you ever touched a square or rectangular Pyrex baking dish? The
bottoms are rounded. They don't next completely, but more than enough to
keep them from toppling over.