FoodBanter.com

-   -   stainless steel burners vs cast iron burners (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/96140-stainless-steel-burners-vs.html)

[email protected] 13-07-2006 04:00 AM

stainless steel burners vs cast iron burners

wondering... for my new bbq that i am currently shopping for. whats
better for the burners? cast iron or stainless steel? now just to be
sure you understand me... i mean the BURNERS not the grates. i have
rcvd plenty of advice on another site regards grates!! and i am sure
they were all trying to be helpful. but i want to know specifficaly
about the burners. thanks!!! you can write me direct if ya want

Michael L Kankiewicz 13-07-2006 05:17 AM

On 12 Jul 2006 wrote:

> wondering... for my new bbq that i am currently shopping for. whats
> better for the burners? cast iron or stainless steel? now just to be
> sure you understand me... i mean the BURNERS not the grates. i have
> rcvd plenty of advice on another site regards grates!! and i am sure
> they were all trying to be helpful. but i want to know specifficaly
> about the burners. thanks!!! you can write me direct if ya want

Plastic is better than both!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I have white plastic microwave piece shaped
like a fry pan. When I showed it to a colleague at work, he said in all
seriousness, "Will it work on the stovetop?")

MK

Dave Smith[_1_] 13-07-2006 02:09 PM

wrote:

> wondering... for my new bbq that i am currently shopping for. whats
> better for the burners? cast iron or stainless steel? now just to be
> sure you understand me... i mean the BURNERS not the grates. i have
> rcvd plenty of advice on another site regards grates!! and i am sure
> they were all trying to be helpful. but i want to know specifficaly
> about the burners. thanks!!!

The cast iron burners work great. When my BBQ burners had to replaced I
got stainless. When those wore out I could not find stainless and for a
few dollars more got cast iron. They worked great. I had nice even heat
from them. The body of the BBQ corroded away and the whole unit had to
be replaced before the cast iron burners died.

BrianW[_2_] 13-07-2006 05:14 PM

wrote:
> wondering... for my new bbq that i am currently shopping for. whats
> better for the burners? cast iron or stainless steel? now just to be
> sure you understand me... i mean the BURNERS not the grates. i have
> rcvd plenty of advice on another site regards grates!! and i am sure
> they were all trying to be helpful. but i want to know specifficaly
> about the burners. thanks!!! you can write me direct if ya want

I have had good luck with both. I have one grill that everything rusted
away on but the cast iron burners and another that is 4 years old using
stainless that looks like new. Buy what you can afford.