Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default To: Gernot Katzer (fan letter of thanks)

Dear Gernot Katzer;

been a fan and reader/user of you great web site for years,
I love cooking , but till i found your site a lot od spices i needed
was veryhard to find.
now I know where to get and or what to ask for ..
there is info on your site I can not find anywhere other then your
site.
THANKX

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12 Jul 2006 09:52:35 -0700, "aem" > wrote:

wrote:
>> Dear Gernot Katzer;
>>
>> been a fan and reader/user of you great web site for years,
>> I love cooking , but till i found your site a lot od spices i needed
>> was veryhard to find.
>> now I know where to get and or what to ask for ..
>> there is info on your site I can not find anywhere other then your
>> site.
>> THANKX

>This may actually be legitimate. Katzer gives scientific,
>etymological, and cultural information in impressive detail for well
>over 100 different spices. Each page ends with links to recipes that
>feature that spice. I can see it generating fan enthusiasm. -aem
> http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/engl/index.html

I can't say that I use it all the time, but the site is definitely
bookmarked. I did use it this week. My SIL sent me package of
herbes de provence from France. She has friends who go over every
summer and bring some back. She shares. I did not remember what
Sariette was so went to Gernot's site to find out. It is Savory.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gernot Katzer (fan letter of thanks)

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Dear Gernot Katzer;
>
> been a fan and reader/user of you great web site for years,
> I love cooking , but till i found your site a lot od spices i needed
> was veryhard to find.
> now I know where to get and or what to ask for ..
> there is info on your site I can not find anywhere other then your
> site.
> THANKX

Here here!

David

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> I lost the link to your site some time ago, and am so glad to have it
> back!

Hey! You had trouble finding the FAQ? Gernot's link's been there since
last century ('99)...

Bubba
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 13 Jul 2006 15:11:48 -0700, "aem" > wrote:

wrote:

>> I dont understand the motivation behind your positng, aem. Gernot
>> Katzer's spice pages have been around for a long time and are a well
>> known and respected source of information. Gernot certainly has no need
>> to plug his site or ask lackies to do so. And doubly certainly not in
>> such a poorly formed posting.
>>

>Motivation? I have to be motivated to post? You have to understand
>it? Hmmm, well, okay, here's the best I can reconstruct the faint
>mental vibrations:
>
>1. The oddly worded praise and thanks appeared.
>2. I was reminded that we've had a lot -- an unusually large number --
>of the fake "gee, I just discovered such and such wonderful site,
>everybody go look (so I can make some nickels) postings in the past few
>weeks.
>3. I thought, Katzer's site is a good one, hope folks don't assume
>this post is quasi spam. Not everyone is as well informed as barry g,
>after all. I know, I'll post a little boost.

Excellent motivation!

>Or maybe it was just a brain fart, who knows? -aem

No, if you'd farted, you'd have excused yourself. You've got class!

Carol

Chain Letter Michael Black[_2_] Restaurants 2 11-05-2012 02:20 AM
Chain Letter Mason Barge[_2_] Restaurants 8 27-03-2012 05:38 AM
red letter day PeterD General Cooking 1 21-06-2010 10:59 PM
6/49: PRIZE NOTIFICATION LETTER! NOTIFICATION DEPARTMENT Sourdough 2 02-05-2008 05:20 PM
The letter went out today T General Cooking 0 20-11-2006 08:35 PM