Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What was that about fools and their money?

Fresh WA truffles available at SIMON JOHNSON

We’re delighted to be stocking AUSTRALIAN winter truffles – from
Manjimup – about 300 kilometres south of Perth. Just the second season
for Manjimup Truffle Company – the truffles are on par with the black
winter truffles we usually import from Perigord, France during our
summer. The main hunting dog is Lizzy – she’s a bull terrier – who’s
rarely missed finding a truffle!

The WA season will last until September. We will be getting weekly air
freighted shipments which will be available in all stores every week.

The current price for the first choice truffles is $2,500 per kilo.

To serve finely shaved on a pasta or risotto, we recommend using a
minimum of 10 grams per person. Thus a decadent truffle main course for
two could cost you as little as $50.

We look forward to seeing you in store soon!

Yes well, SJ is not a mere shop, they're a provedore...

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Old Mother Ashby > wrote:
>Fresh WA truffles available at SIMON JOHNSON

[snip]
>The current price for the first choice truffles is $2,500 per kilo.
>
>To serve finely shaved on a pasta or risotto, we recommend using a
>minimum of 10 grams per person. Thus a decadent truffle main course for
>two could cost you as little as $50.
>
>We look forward to seeing you in store soon!

Some chance! I'd rather be out in the paddock picking up field
mushies for nix -- they taste better too. (Can't beat fungus grown in
horse shit.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID