Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Food today

Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan wrote:

> Gawd I'm bored. The gardens were watered this am; the house guards (Missy,
> Hoot and Ramsey) have all been walked and fed. I did some running. Got
> some great avocados and tomatoes at the Kirkwood Farmer's market. Steven
> is home today ;0( and in my way. I want to power scrub the gutters,
> soffets vinyl siding but may have to wait until tomorrow. Lunch is
> musgovian stuffed pork Tonight's dinner is still up in the air. Nothing
> is thawed so I assume we'll go out.

The guards.... oops.... I knew I had forgotten something today. My wife usually
walks them first thing in the morning and she had an eye examination at 8:30
and I have a vague recollection of her asking me to do it this morning. I lazed
around until noon and then drove into the city to take my mother to an
appointment with her doctor. While we were sitting in the doctor's office she
asked me if I was making strawberry jam this year. Oops.... I had almost
forgotten. It is damn near the end of June and end of strawberry season. I
picked up two backs of sugar, some Serto, some lemon juice and 4 quarts of
strawberries. As soon as the time goes off I have to run in and put the second
batch into the jars. An hour and a half to find and clean jars, hull and crush
berries and two batches of jam made. Not bad.