FoodBanter.com

-   -   Spicy lemon garlic shrimp (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/94871-spicy-lemon-garlic-shrimp.html)

Nancy Young[_1_] 28-06-2006 12:33 PM

Spicy lemon garlic shrimp

Ron surprised me with this for lunch on Saturday, it was so
delicious and lemony. The shrimp was served over a bed
of basmati rice. From Cook's Illustrated, with liberties.

4 tablespoons salted butter cut into 4 pieces
Juice from 2 lemons
red pepper flakes to taste (3/4 teaspoon)
3 medium cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon table salt
Disposable aluminum pan*
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley leaves

Combine ingredients in the pan and heat on
the grill, stirring occasionally, until butter melts;
remove to cool side of grill and proceed to grill
shrimp. Add 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley just
before serving.

Skewer shrimp compactly on skewers, skewering
them through the middle, not lengthwise and nesting
them together. Sort of a solid skewer of shrimp.
Brush shrimp with olive oil, salt and pepper.

Grill the shrimp. When they are done, slide them off
the skewer into the sauce. Toss, serve.

*I happened to have those disposable foil biscuit pans
that I bought to line the pan that catches the drips under
the gas grill.

Mr Libido Incognito 28-06-2006 12:43 PM

Spicy lemon garlic shrimp

Nancy Young wrote on 28 Jun 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Spicy lemon garlic shrimp

Sounds tasty....how much shrimp and what size?

--
-Alan

Nancy Young[_1_] 28-06-2006 12:50 PM

Spicy lemon garlic shrimp

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote on 28 Jun 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Spicy lemon garlic shrimp

> Sounds tasty....how much shrimp and what size?

I just checked the bag ... I buy them frozen, already cleaned.
They are the 26-30 count size and I would say that more than
half the 2 pound bag remains. So, I would say a pound of
shrimp?

nancy

Chatty Cathy 28-06-2006 03:37 PM

Spicy lemon garlic shrimp

Nancy Young wrote:

> *I happened to have those disposable foil biscuit pans
> that I bought to line the pan that catches the drips under
> the gas grill.

I love shrimp! And what a good idea... never thought about those
disposable foil thingys.... never too old to learn, eh?

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy