Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Nabisco Soup & Oyster Crackers rant

I'm a fan of Nabisco's Premium Soup & Oyster Crackers. They really
make my soup into a meal. I also like the fact that Nabisco doesn't
put this item in a cardboard box which takes up more space and is a
waste of natural resources. However, I wish they'd use better plastic
for the bag they come in. You carefully try to open just the corner
and the bag rips open entirely. Use better plastic, Nabisco! Also,
make the bag resealable!

The store-brand oyster crackers (Kroger and Publix around here) are
just not as good, but at least they come in a box which makes them a
bit more manageable.

Okay, who's with me on this? Anyone? Buehler?

Mike

P.S. Yes, I know I can easily transfer the crackers to a resealable
container, but that's just not the point!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"Mike" > wrote:

> I'm a fan of Nabisco's Premium Soup & Oyster Crackers. They really
> make my soup into a meal. I also like the fact that Nabisco doesn't
> put this item in a cardboard box which takes up more space and is a
> waste of natural resources. However, I wish they'd use better plastic
> for the bag they come in. You carefully try to open just the corner
> and the bag rips open entirely. Use better plastic, Nabisco! Also,
> make the bag resealable!
>
> The store-brand oyster crackers (Kroger and Publix around here) are
> just not as good, but at least they come in a box which makes them a
> bit more manageable.
>
> Okay, who's with me on this? Anyone? Buehler?

Why don't you just put the crackers in a tupperware container? They'll
stay fresher that way and be easier to handle than some floppy bag.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz wrote:

> > The store-brand oyster crackers (Kroger and Publix around here) are
> > just not as good, but at least they come in a box which makes them a
> > bit more manageable.
> >
> > Okay, who's with me on this? Anyone? Buehler?

> Why don't you just put the crackers in a tupperware container? They'll
> stay fresher that way and be easier to handle than some floppy bag.

Please refer to the P.S. in my original post, shown again below:

P.S. Yes, I know I can easily transfer the crackers to a resealable
container, but that's just not the point!

I am calling Nabisco out on their cheapness!

Homemade oyster crackers notbob General Cooking 55 20-01-2015 08:31 AM
Sharon's Spicy Oyster Crackers Lynn McKee Recipes (moderated) 0 15-11-2007 02:47 AM
Nabisco original graham crackers? [email protected] Baking 20 06-01-2006 12:17 AM
Oyster Soup Duckie ® Recipes 0 03-01-2006 12:50 PM
Seasoned Oyster Crackers Sue Recipes (moderated) 0 07-12-2003 01:12 AM