Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quarter Life Crisis

Hello everyone,

Being sick of not knowing what to do about transitioning to the "real
world" after attending university, me and a couple of colleagues are
starting a magazine: Quarter Life Magazine.

We're just soul searching for ideas, inputs, smoke signals, anything to
make the premiere issue of Quarter Life Magazine meaningful.

The following link will take you to a beta website where hopefully the
magazine will take off.

http://www.qlifemag.com/

Please take the survey to help us asses what kind of things to write
about, what issues to address, and what the "quarter life" really
means.

We hope you'll find it interesting. If you don't find it interesting or
you don't think it applies to you, we'd really appreciate it if you
still filled out the survey because we could sure use the feedback.

Please forward this to any and all that you think this could be
pertinent to. We would totally appreciate it!

This survey is totally anonymous and your information is kept secure.

http://www.qlifemag.com/

Thanks!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

spammer wrote:

> Being sick of not knowing what to do about transitioning to the "real
> world" after attending university, me and a couple of colleagues are
> starting a magazine: Quarter Life Magazine.

<snip>
> Please take the survey to help us asses what kind of things to write
> about, what issues to address, and what the "quarter life" really
> means.

What kind of college allows its students to graduate without knowing the
difference between the words "asses" and "assess?"

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello everyone,
>
> Being sick of not knowing what to do about transitioning to the "real
> world" after attending university, me and a couple of colleagues are
> starting a magazine: Quarter Life Magazine.
>
> We're just soul searching for ideas, inputs, smoke signals, anything to
> make the premiere issue of Quarter Life Magazine meaningful.
>
> The following link will take you to a beta website where hopefully the
> magazine will take off.
>
> http://www.qlifemag.com/
>
> Please take the survey to help us asses what kind of things to write
> about, what issues to address, and what the "quarter life" really
> means.
>
> We hope you'll find it interesting. If you don't find it interesting or
> you don't think it applies to you, we'd really appreciate it if you
> still filled out the survey because we could sure use the feedback.
>
> Please forward this to any and all that you think this could be
> pertinent to. We would totally appreciate it!
>
> This survey is totally anonymous and your information is kept secure.
>
> http://www.qlifemag.com/
>
> Thanks!!!

The link takes me to a seriously messed up web page. When will it be fixed?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Abe" > wrote in message
>>> Please take the survey to help us asses what kind of things to write
>>> about, what issues to address, and what the "quarter life" really
>>> means.

>>What kind of college allows its students to graduate without knowing
>>the
>>difference between the words "asses" and "assess?"

> It's a typo smartass.

Excuse me, I think that should be smartassess.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:
>
>> spammer wrote:

>>> Please take the survey to help us asses what kind of things to write
>>> about, what issues to address, and what the "quarter life" really
>>> means.

>> What kind of college allows its students to graduate without knowing the
>> difference between the words "asses" and "assess?"
>>
>> Bob

> I'm pretty sure he knows the difference, Bob. He's just not a very good
> proofreader. "-)

That doesn't bode well for the magazine. (Do 20-somethings actually
read anything but Playboy and their computer screens?)

AFAICS the "quarter life" really means pull up your socks and:
--stop looking for the non-existent, $500K a year glamor job
--move out of your parents' house
--pay your own bills
--don't buy a Beamer unless you can truly afford it
--find a real job
--work hard
--listen more than talk
--be loyal to your company but don't expect loyalty in return

BINGO!
That gives you 8 topics for your first (and probably only) issue.

;-)
gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester wrote:
> That doesn't bode well for the magazine. (Do 20-somethings actually
> read anything but Playboy and their computer screens?)
>
> AFAICS the "quarter life" really means pull up your socks and:
> --stop looking for the non-existent, $500K a year glamor job
> --move out of your parents' house
> --pay your own bills
> --don't buy a Beamer unless you can truly afford it
> --find a real job
> --work hard
> --listen more than talk
> --be loyal to your company but don't expect loyalty in return
>
> BINGO!
> That gives you 8 topics for your first (and probably only) issue.
>
> ;-)
> gloria p

And USE CONDOMS!
-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Puester wrote:
>> That doesn't bode well for the magazine. (Do 20-somethings actually
>> read anything but Playboy and their computer screens?)
>>
>> AFAICS the "quarter life" really means pull up your socks and:
>> --stop looking for the non-existent, $500K a year glamor job
>> --move out of your parents' house
>> --pay your own bills
>> --don't buy a Beamer unless you can truly afford it
>> --find a real job
>> --work hard
>> --listen more than talk
>> --be loyal to your company but don't expect loyalty in return
>>
>> BINGO!
>> That gives you 8 topics for your first (and probably only) issue.
>>
>> ;-)
>> gloria p

> And USE CONDOMS!
> -L.

And, learn to drink with a bit of style, instead of falling down, and
leaving your shoes in bar parking lots. :-) (I play in a band - I see
interesting stuff as we're packing up the equipment at 2:30 AM)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> spammer wrote:
>
> > Being sick of not knowing what to do about transitioning to the "real
> > world" after attending university, me and a couple of colleagues are
> > starting a magazine: Quarter Life Magazine.

> <snip>
> > Please take the survey to help us asses what kind of things to write
> > about, what issues to address, and what the "quarter life" really
> > means.

> What kind of college allows its students to graduate without knowing the
> difference between the words "asses" and "assess?"

Or not to use "me and a couple of colleagues."

Looks like their math skills could use a bit of a polish, too
- assuming that "quarter life" is supposed to refer to someone
who's 25% through their expected lifespan, the magazine
really should be aimed at, roughly, college sophomores...:-)

Bob M.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:

> "-L." > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > Puester wrote:
> >> That doesn't bode well for the magazine. (Do 20-somethings actually
> >> read anything but Playboy and their computer screens?)
> >>
> >> AFAICS the "quarter life" really means pull up your socks and:
> >> --stop looking for the non-existent, $500K a year glamor job
> >> --move out of your parents' house
> >> --pay your own bills
> >> --don't buy a Beamer unless you can truly afford it
> >> --find a real job
> >> --work hard
> >> --listen more than talk
> >> --be loyal to your company but don't expect loyalty in return
> >>
> >> BINGO!
> >> That gives you 8 topics for your first (and probably only) issue.
> >>
> >> ;-)
> >> gloria p

> > And USE CONDOMS!
> > -L.
> >

> And, learn to drink with a bit of style, instead of falling down, and
> leaving your shoes in bar parking lots. :-) (I play in a band - I see
> interesting stuff as we're packing up the equipment at 2:30 AM)

I'll bet... ;-D
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

-L. wrote:
> Puester wrote:
>> That doesn't bode well for the magazine. (Do 20-somethings actually
>> read anything but Playboy and their computer screens?)
>>
>> AFAICS the "quarter life" really means pull up your socks and:
>> --stop looking for the non-existent, $500K a year glamor job
>> --move out of your parents' house
>> --pay your own bills
>> --don't buy a Beamer unless you can truly afford it
>> --find a real job
>> --work hard
>> --listen more than talk
>> --be loyal to your company but don't expect loyalty in return
>>
>> BINGO!
>> That gives you 8 topics for your first (and probably only) issue.
>>
>> ;-)
>> gloria p

> And USE CONDOMS!
> -L.

Yes, and don't go bringing any "little Bobby's" or "little Suzie's" into the
world unless you are fully prepared to spend the time, effort and money it
takes to support them. Kids don't cement a relationship; the relationship
needs to be cemeted before you think about children.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article >,

> >> What kind of college allows its students to graduate without knowing the
> >> difference between the words "asses" and "assess?"
> >>
> >> Bob

> > I'm pretty sure he knows the difference, Bob. He's just not a very good
> > proofreader. "-)

> That doesn't bode well for the magazine. (Do 20-somethings actually
> read anything but Playboy and their computer screens?)

Yeah, they also read their Blackberry screens or text messaging
screens. A pox on all the insular electronic devices being used in
public places.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <MYemg.4425$V55.1232@trndny01>,
"Mordechai Housman" > wrote:

> "Abe" > wrote in message

-snip-
> >>difference between the words "asses" and "assess?"

> > It's a typo smartass.

> Excuse me, I think that should be smartassess.

Mordechai, my dear -- lunch and drinks are on me! ROFL!
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 6-15-2006; Spanish Chicken and
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article <MYemg.4425$V55.1232@trndny01>,
> "Mordechai Housman" > wrote:
>
>> "Abe" > wrote in message

> -snip-
>> > It's a typo smartass.

>> Excuse me, I think that should be smartassess.

> Mordechai, my dear -- lunch and drinks are on me! ROFL!

You're on!

Now where did I leave that straw?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Myers" > wrote:

>"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
>> spammer wrote:
>>
>> > Being sick of not knowing what to do about transitioning to the "real
>> > world" after attending university, me and a couple of colleagues are
>> > starting a magazine: Quarter Life Magazine.

>> <snip>
>> > Please take the survey to help us asses what kind of things to write
>> > about, what issues to address, and what the "quarter life" really
>> > means.

>> What kind of college allows its students to graduate without knowing the
>> difference between the words "asses" and "assess?"

>Or not to use "me and a couple of colleagues."

And it's not a simple typo either - their website is chock full of
spelling, grammar, and cognitive errors.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

--
Syssi
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> spammer wrote:
>
>> Being sick of not knowing what to do about transitioning to the "real
>> world" after attending university, me and a couple of colleagues are
>> starting a magazine: Quarter Life Magazine.

> <snip>
>> Please take the survey to help us asses what kind of things to write
>> about, what issues to address, and what the "quarter life" really
>> means.

> What kind of college allows its students to graduate without knowing the
> difference between the words "asses" and "assess?"
>
> Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Derek Lyons" > wrote in message
> "Bob Myers" > wrote:

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> What kind of college allows its students to graduate without knowing the
>>> difference between the words "asses" and "assess?"

>>Or not to use "me and a couple of colleagues."

> And it's not a simple typo either - their website is chock full of
> spelling, grammar, and cognitive errors.

I used to mention that to twenty-somethings in web discussion groups until
it became to frustrating. They'd say things like "Dude...it's only the web",
as if this medium was somehow more lenient in terms of language. Sadly, none
of them ever read Marshall McLuhan. "The medium is the message". In other
words, these children are part of a generation of morons.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> spammer wrote:
>
>> Being sick of not knowing what to do about transitioning to the "real
>> world" after attending university, me and a couple of colleagues are
>> starting a magazine: Quarter Life Magazine.

> <snip>
>> Please take the survey to help us asses what kind of things to write
>> about, what issues to address, and what the "quarter life" really
>> means.

> What kind of college allows its students to graduate without knowing the
> difference between the words "asses" and "assess?"
>
> Bob =============

Or the poor grammar of listing himself before his friend(s)...? "Bob and I
are..." - not "me and Bob are..."! Ewww. That drives me crazy.
--
Syssi

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mordechai Housman" > wrote in message
>>>What kind of college allows its students to graduate without knowing the
>>>difference between the words "asses" and "assess?"

>> It's a typo smartass.

> Excuse me, I think that should be smartassess. ===

I don't know. I'm thinking more along the lines of "dumb"asses...
--
Syssi

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 22:25:45 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>I used to mention that to twenty-somethings in web discussion groups until
>it became to frustrating. They'd say things like "Dude...it's only the web",
>as if this medium was somehow more lenient in terms of language. Sadly, none
>of them ever read Marshall McLuhan. "The medium is the message". In other
>words, these children are part of a generation of morons.

So are you a moron for misspelling "too"?

serene
--
Kissing Hank's Ass is 10 years old! http://jhuger.com/kisshank
My personal blog: http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Puester" > wrote

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>>> What kind of college allows its students to graduate without knowing the
>>> difference between the words "asses" and "assess?"

>> I'm pretty sure he knows the difference, Bob. He's just not a very good
>> proofreader. "-)

> That doesn't bode well for the magazine. (Do 20-somethings actually read
> anything but Playboy and their computer screens?)
>
> AFAICS the "quarter life" really means pull up your socks and:
> --stop looking for the non-existent, $500K a year glamor job
> --move out of your parents' house
> --pay your own bills
> --don't buy a Beamer unless you can truly afford it
> --find a real job
> --work hard
> --listen more than talk
> --be loyal to your company but don't expect loyalty in return

Gloria, that was brilliant. I think that whole "raise your children to
have a healthy self-esteem" movement has produced a lot of
people with a seriously over-inflated view of their worth.
In my experience it's been coming on for the last 15 years or so.

Right out of school they expected privileges only given to people
with many years of tenure, they were astonished to find out that
people knew more than they did about the work (gasp! even the
technical part, they told me the old timers would be computer
dinosaurs!), and really had no idea they were supposed to put
in a full day at the office. Sometimes extra time! For free!

They usually got it quickly enough and settled in just fine. Hey,
someone has to tell them you work hard now and save your money!
It'll come in handy later when you're old and too tired to work so
hard. You're young, you can take it.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 22:25:45 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> > wrote:
>
>>I used to mention that to twenty-somethings in web discussion groups until
>>it became to frustrating. They'd say things like "Dude...it's only the
>>web",
>>as if this medium was somehow more lenient in terms of language. Sadly,
>>none
>>of them ever read Marshall McLuhan. "The medium is the message". In other
>>words, these children are part of a generation of morons.

> So are you a moron for misspelling "too"?
>
> serene

That's called a "typo", and the difference is that I will not defend the
error by claiming that the location of the conversation somehow means the
rules are more lenient. But, you understood that already.