FoodBanter.com

-   -   Question about pan cooking large sausage links (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/94348-re-question-about-pan.html)

Jke 20-06-2006 11:04 PM

Question about pan cooking large sausage links

"Abe" schreef in bericht
Hi,

I'm wondering what people think about pan cooking large sausage links
with regard to either:
1. Starting in a little water and then cooking to dry to crisp them
up, or,
2. Starting them dry and crisping them up, then adding a little water
to finish the cooking.

Anyone have a preference and reason? I'm interested to know what other
people think.

If it matters, it's pork andouille sausage in casings.

The sausages I buy need soaking in hot water for 20 mins, then they are
fried in butter. Says the instructions on the packetm, and I follow them. I
assume the soaking is to prevent the skin form bursting.