FoodBanter.com

-   -   Question about pan cooking large sausage links (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/94318-re-question-about-pan.html)

Hovdv 20-06-2006 02:59 PM

Question about pan cooking large sausage links

I used to start sausages in water. Not anymore. When pan
cooking/frying I lay them in the pan and cook at low heat. Sometimes I
cover and sometimes I don't: However when talking about fresh sausage
I usually cover. I also add a little drizzle of cooking oil to the
bottom of pan before placing sausage in. They will brown nicely on low
heat. Note when I say low heat I do not use the lowest setting; rather
I'm up to about #3 on an electric stove top; which is about 30% of the
high. You can if you like prick the sausages with a fork to allow
escapade of fat but I don't because I do like the fat in there. Most
of it anyway.

Andy[_2_] 20-06-2006 03:37 PM

Question about pan cooking large sausage links

"Hovdv" > wrote in news:1150811983.210639.5960
@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> You can if you like prick the sausages with a fork to allow
> escapade of fat but I don't because I do like the fat in there. Most
> of it anyway.

I use a long kabob stick to poke only the blisters. Sometimes the fat can
fountain out pretty far. No point in airating the whole sausage with a
fork.

Andy