FoodBanter.com

-   -   Question about pan cooking large sausage links (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/94305-re-question-about-pan.html)

Edwin Pawlowski 20-06-2006 04:17 AM

"Abe" > wrote in message
> 1. Starting in a little water and then cooking to dry to crisp them
> up, or,

That works well for us. Put a lid on the pan during the first portion of
cooking.

Sheldon 20-06-2006 05:49 PM

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "Abe" > wrote in message
> > 1. Starting in a little water and then cooking to dry to crisp them
> > up, or,

> That works well for us. Put a lid on the pan during the first portion of
> cooking.

I have a pan of links doing exactly that right now... when they're
store bought fresh eyetalian sausages I always simmer them for about
1/2 hour... then dump the water. This removes the excessive salt
typical of commercial sausage. Then I brown them in a bit of olive
oil. These will be cooked again in a pot of tomato sauce.

Sheldon