Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Balsamic Vinegar

"The Genuine Article" special on Basalmic vinegar on the Fine Living channel
comes on in half an hour.

--Rich

Posted to rec.food.cooking

2 things i like about Balsamic Vinegar,
and why it's my main salad dressing

no fat
no sodium

i wonder if this is widely known

waterboy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Rich wrote:
> "The Genuine Article" special on Basalmic vinegar on the Fine Living channel
> comes on in half an hour.
>
> --Rich

I saw it, and it was a good show. I've also seen the two girls, Anna
and Christina, on "The Shopping Bags" do their show on balsamic
vinegar. I'd like to try the *real thing* and not that stuff at the
grocery stores. But I'll probably never get the chance.

Did you see it when they sampled from the girl's great grandmother's
barrel? It was almost as thick as syrup. Then they used it on a
strawberry and lemon dessert.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"itsjoannotjoann" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Rich wrote:
>> "The Genuine Article" special on Basalmic vinegar on the Fine Living
>> channel
>> comes on in half an hour.
>>
>> --Rich

> I saw it, and it was a good show. I've also seen the two girls, Anna
> and Christina, on "The Shopping Bags" do their show on balsamic
> vinegar. I'd like to try the *real thing* and not that stuff at the
> grocery stores. But I'll probably never get the chance.
>
> Did you see it when they sampled from the girl's great grandmother's
> barrel? It was almost as thick as syrup. Then they used it on a
> strawberry and lemon dessert.

I've tasted some 25yo balsamic vinegar "tradizionale" on strawberries. It
was, indeed, as thick as syrup, and almost as sweet. There was no vinegar
taste to it at all, just an intense, complex initial flavor followed by
several more layers, each coming as a surprise.

--Rich

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Rich wrote:

>> Did you see it when they sampled from the girl's great grandmother's
>> barrel? It was almost as thick as syrup. Then they used it on a
>> strawberry and lemon dessert.

Wow, so they were hereabouts... Modena or Reggio?

> I've tasted some 25yo balsamic vinegar "tradizionale" on
> strawberries. It was, indeed, as thick as syrup, and almost as sweet.
> There was no vinegar taste to it at all, just an intense, complex
> initial flavor followed by several more layers, each coming as a
> surprise.

Another wonderful way to enjoy Tradizionale is on shards of Parmigiano
Reggiano.

Damn: it's 11 in the moring, lunchtime is 2 hours to go and yesterday
evening I ate just a lil'dish of vegetable soup... groan.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'