Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What do you do with nutmeg syrup?

In a fit of madness I bought a bottle of this, now I don't know what to do
with it!

Doug
--
Doug Weller --
A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug wrote:

> In a fit of madness I bought a bottle of this, now I don't know what to do
> with it!

It might be good drizzled on a peach clafouti.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 06:40:50 +0100, Doug Weller
> wrote:

>In a fit of madness I bought a bottle of this, now I don't know what to do
>with it!
>
>Doug

Eggnog ice cream.

Sue(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"Doug Weller" > schreef in bericht
> In a fit of madness I bought a bottle of this, now I don't know what to do
> with it!
>
> Doug
> --

Make a sauce for a spiced cake?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Weller wrote:
> In a fit of madness I bought a bottle of this, now I don't know what to do
> with it!

Dig a hole in the backyard. Place bottle in hole. Add some lye.
Cover the hole. Set the hole on fire. And for good measure....MOVE.

Did I say I hate nutmeg?? <G>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Budd Tugley wrote:

> Doug Weller wrote:
>> In a fit of madness I bought a bottle of this, now I don't know what to do
>> with it!

> Dig a hole in the backyard. Place bottle in hole. Add some lye.
> Cover the hole. Set the hole on fire. And for good measure....MOVE.
>
> Did I say I hate nutmeg?? <G>

ha ha ha ha ha!!
I have no feelings about nutmeg, just don't use a lot of it

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Bubbo wrote on 17 Jun 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Budd Tugley wrote:
> >
> > Doug Weller wrote:
> >> In a fit of madness I bought a bottle of this, now I don't know
> >> what to do with it!

> > Dig a hole in the backyard. Place bottle in hole. Add some lye.
> > Cover the hole. Set the hole on fire. And for good
> > measure....MOVE.
> >
> > Did I say I hate nutmeg?? <G>
> >

> ha ha ha ha ha!!
> I have no feelings about nutmeg, just don't use a lot of it

Well since nutmeg goes well with apples and pears IMO...try some of the
sauce on a baked apple or use with poached pears.

--
-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Weller wrote:
> In a fit of madness I bought a bottle of this, now I don't know what to do
> with it!
>
> Doug
> --
> Doug Weller --
> A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com
> Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.co.uk

How bout using it half and half with maple syrup on pancakes or french
toast? I can see it going well over a good, eggy, baked french toast.

Drizzle it over apple pie a la mode.

Put some in a nutmeg latte?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jude wrote:
> Doug Weller wrote:
>> In a fit of madness I bought a bottle of this, now I don't know what to do
>> with it!
>>
>> Doug
>> --
>> Doug Weller --
>> A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com
>> Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.co.uk

> How bout using it half and half with maple syrup on pancakes or french
> toast? I can see it going well over a good, eggy, baked french toast.
>
> Drizzle it over apple pie a la mode.
>
> Put some in a nutmeg latte?

Perhaps added to carrot cake or other cake recipes along the line of a
spice cake?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jke" > wrote

> "Doug Weller" > schreef

>> In a fit of madness I bought a bottle of this, now I don't know what to
>> do
>> with it!

> Make a sauce for a spiced cake?

Oddly (to me), when I googled on nutmeg syrup, this thread
popped up. Anyway, I saw this site, it has a handful of recipes,
who knows, you might find something you like:

http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/kg...201/syrup.html

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18 Jun 2006 09:00:45 -0700, "Jude" > wrote:

>Put some in a nutmeg latte?

Or make this :
Nutmeg syrup + whisky + hot milk. Stir, drink, enjoy :-)

Nathalie in Switzerland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18 Jun 2006 09:00:45 -0700, in rec.food.cooking, Jude wrote:

>Doug Weller wrote:
>> In a fit of madness I bought a bottle of this, now I don't know what to do
>> with it!
>>
>> Doug
>> --
>> Doug Weller --
>> A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com
>> Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.co.uk

>How bout using it half and half with maple syrup on pancakes or french
>toast? I can see it going well over a good, eggy, baked french toast.

Now that is something I will do this weekend! Thanks.

Doug

--
Doug Weller --
A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 12:33:20 -0400, in rec.food.cooking, Goomba38 wrote:

>Jude wrote:
>> Doug Weller wrote:
>>> In a fit of madness I bought a bottle of this, now I don't know what to do
>>> with it!
>>>
>>> Doug
>>> --
>>> Doug Weller --
>>> A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com
>>> Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.co.uk

>> How bout using it half and half with maple syrup on pancakes or french
>> toast? I can see it going well over a good, eggy, baked french toast.
>>
>> Drizzle it over apple pie a la mode.
>>
>> Put some in a nutmeg latte?
>>

>Perhaps added to carrot cake or other cake recipes along the line of a
>spice cake?

Thanks everyone for some great ideas.

(I have no idea why I didn't use Google, I use it dozens of times a day
for everything else!)

Doug
--
Doug Weller --
A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doug Weller" > wrote

> (I have no idea why I didn't use Google, I use it dozens of times a day
> for everything else!)

Heh, I only googled to see, please don't tell me people use
it with savory spinach type dishes. I'd never heard of it before.
I hope I didn't sound like Just google! because that's not what
I meant at all.

nancy

Would my own simple syrup sub OK for corn syrup? Kalmia General Cooking 8 02-04-2013 11:39 PM
corn syrup vs cane syrup in marshmallows Jean B.[_1_] General Cooking 13 16-05-2012 12:54 AM
Nutmeg Sauce mithunchowdhury Recipes 0 01-01-2012 06:20 PM
Chocolate & nutmeg??? Sky General Cooking 1 25-12-2010 01:41 AM
nutmeg? Kevin and Katie General Cooking 3 30-09-2003 07:22 PM