Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Refreezing BBQ

I get a family portion of pre-packaged BBQ. I will freeze it. When I
am in the mood for a sandwich, I will put the BBQ in the microwave for
10 min on 20% power level. This will thaw it out well enough to pull a
portion off for a sandwich. I will add a little BBQ sauce and
microwave the portion another min on high.

Is refreezing and repeating safe?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I get a family portion of pre-packaged BBQ. I will freeze it. When I
> am in the mood for a sandwich, I will put the BBQ in the microwave for
> 10 min on 20% power level. This will thaw it out well enough to pull a
> portion off for a sandwich. I will add a little BBQ sauce and
> microwave the portion another min on high.
>
> Is refreezing and repeating safe?

No. Why would you want to?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry wrote:
> I get a family portion of pre-packaged BBQ. I will freeze it. When I
> am in the mood for a sandwich, I will put the BBQ in the microwave for
> 10 min on 20% power level. This will thaw it out well enough to pull a
> portion off for a sandwich. I will add a little BBQ sauce and
> microwave the portion another min on high.
>
> Is refreezing and repeating safe?

Why don't you just portion it out into sandwich sized portions before
freezing? Then you'd only be nuking the exact food you are going to be
eating that sitting?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16 Jun 2006 17:51:51 -0700, "Terry" > wrote:

>I get a family portion of pre-packaged BBQ. I will freeze it. When I
>am in the mood for a sandwich, I will put the BBQ in the microwave for
>10 min on 20% power level. This will thaw it out well enough to pull a
>portion off for a sandwich. I will add a little BBQ sauce and
>microwave the portion another min on high.
>
>Is refreezing and repeating safe?

Sounds like it's going to destroy the flavour and quality of the meat,
even if it doesn't encourage the breeding of nasties... break it into
individual sandwich-sized portions and freeze them between sheets of
freezer plastic or waxed paper so they can be seperated, and then you
can thaw them one at a time as needed, leaving the rest of the haul
safely frozen. Or else freeze them in small ziplock bags...

Refreezing meat Terry[_1_] General Cooking 29 04-08-2007 07:40 PM
refreezing meat Chris Preserving 3 21-05-2006 02:51 AM
Refreezing food [email protected] General Cooking 3 09-01-2006 05:01 AM
Question: Refreezing Jay General Cooking 2 09-01-2005 05:03 AM
Question: Refreezing Jay General Cooking 0 09-01-2005 02:31 AM