FoodBanter.com

-   -   Fresh Masa? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/93548-fresh-masa.html)

Ranee Mueller 10-06-2006 01:48 AM

Fresh Masa?

How long will fresh masa stay, fresh, I guess, if I keep it in the
refrigerator? If I can't use it within a day or two, can I freeze it
and expect good results when it is thawed?

I ask because I've only ever used it fresh and within a couple days,
and the place where I buy it only has it fresh Fridays and Saturdays and
I want to use it for a tamal this coming Thursday. If I buy it
tomorrow, that is still five days later.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

Arri London 12-06-2006 03:24 PM

Fresh Masa?

Ranee Mueller wrote:

> How long will fresh masa stay, fresh, I guess, if I keep it in the
> refrigerator? If I can't use it within a day or two, can I freeze it
> and expect good results when it is thawed?
>
> I ask because I've only ever used it fresh and within a couple days,
> and the place where I buy it only has it fresh Fridays and Saturdays and
> I want to use it for a tamal this coming Thursday. If I buy it
> tomorrow, that is still five days later.

It won't keep all that long in the fridge. It can be frozen, which is
one of the ways it is sold around here in the Southwest. Freeze it; thaw
the night before.