Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipe of soup

Dear all,

I am looking for some simple recipe for soup. Healthy and low calory.
But, i preferred those kind of creamy soup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

4 cup Defatted chicken broth
1 cup Chopped onion
3 cup Chopped celery, including leaves
2 sm potatoes, peeled & cubed
1/2 tsp Salt
1 dsh Cayenne pepper
1 cup Low-fat milk

Method :
1. In large saucepan, combine all ingredients except milk. Cook until
vegetables are very tender, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
2. Transfer to blender and blend until smooth. Stir in milk.
3. At this point, may be stored in refrigerator up to 1-week.
4. Heat before serving.

--
http://www.cookdojo.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

lorento wrote:
> 4 cup Defatted chicken broth
> 1 cup Chopped onion
> 3 cup Chopped celery, including leaves
> 2 sm potatoes, peeled & cubed
> 1/2 tsp Salt
> 1 dsh Cayenne pepper
> 1 cup Low-fat milk
>
> Method :
> 1. In large saucepan, combine all ingredients except milk. Cook until
> vegetables are very tender, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
> 2. Transfer to blender and blend until smooth. Stir in milk.
> 3. At this point, may be stored in refrigerator up to 1-week.
> 4. Heat before serving.
>
> --
> http://www.cookdojo.com

I have a great pumpkin soup with no fat added to it

1 large pumpkin
3 medium potatoes
2medium onions
1 handful of parsley
2 medium carrots
2 dessertspoons crushed garlic
1breakfast cup of orange juice
1-2 tsps cinnamon
salt and black pepper to taste or you can use chicken stock powder in
place of salt
and enough water to just cover veges.
Method: peel pumpkin and onions, I leave the skin on the potatoes and
carrots
chop everything in to chunks roughly about the same size, place all in
large pot with juice, garlic, cinnamon, pepper and salt or chicken
stock, then cover everything with water maybe about 1inch above the
veges.Bring to boil and simmer untill all veges are cooked especially
the carrots they take a bit longer, then place through a blender and
puree till smooth. Serve with a small spoon of greek yogurt and chopped
parsley.
Will keep for about 4 days in the fridge, you can add some lean ham or
cooked chicken to the soup of you want to add a bit of protein

Tessa

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote on 02 Jun 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Dear all,
>
> I am looking for some simple recipe for soup. Healthy and low calory.
> But, i preferred those kind of creamy soup.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup

Soups/Chowders, soup

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 3/4 cups onions, chopped
2 cloves Elephant garlic, sliced thinly
1 whole boneless /skinless chicken breast; chopped
8 cups chicken stock
3 cups cooked wild rice mixed with white; rice
1/2 teaspoon tarragon
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons cornstarch
-----Mixed In-----
2 tablespoons water; *
1 cup heavy cream
-----OR-----
12 -ounce can of evaporated fat-free milk
salt
1 large carrot bite sized
2 ribs celery bite sized
1 can corn nibblets drained

Cooked turkey works well in this

Heat the oil in a large saucepan and toss in the mushrooms, onions, and
garlic. Saute over high heat for 3-5 minutes.

Then add chopped chicken and stir until chicken is no longer pink.
Add the stock, cooked rice, other veggies and herbs.
Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the dissolved cornstarch
slurry and keep stirring until thickened.

Stir in the cream, then turn down the heat*** and let the flavors blend
on
a simmer for about 5 minutes. When ready to serve, ladle into bowls

* The Corn Starch and water mixture is a thickening agent.

** The usual mix of rice is 3 parts long grain white rice too 1 part wild
rice. Note wild rice takes longer to cook than white. In this case it is
2/3 cup of raw white and 1/3 cup of raw wild rice.

*** Careful that the cream does curdle in the higher heat.... better to
turn down the heat count to 30 and then add the cream (if using an
electric
stove).

-Alan