Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Market Mania

Hot DAMN, it's getting good at the farmers' market! Today, my favorite
strawberry vendor showed up for the first time this season; moreover,
the cherry folks had peaches and nectarines in addition to their stellar
apricots. Fresh figs are a couple weeks away, fresh basil is making an
appearance, favas are abundant, rhubarb's still strong, asparagus
continues its trajectory -- yes, I'm a giddy girl this evening. :-P

Spitz
--
Mind the runner beans!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 May 2006 19:48:34 -0700, Spitzmaus >
wrote:

>Hot DAMN, it's getting good at the farmers' market! Today, my favorite
>strawberry vendor showed up for the first time this season; moreover,
>the cherry folks had peaches and nectarines in addition to their stellar
>apricots. Fresh figs are a couple weeks away, fresh basil is making an
>appearance, favas are abundant, rhubarb's still strong, asparagus
>continues its trajectory -- yes, I'm a giddy girl this evening. :-P
>
>Spitz

Yeehaw!!
I will be heading to the Santa Monica farmers market when I am in
California next week... I am soooo looking forward to the fruits and
veggies there.....
Might find some stuff for the Southern Cal cook-in on June 10.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> >Hot DAMN, it's getting good at the farmers' market! Today, my favorite
> >strawberry vendor showed up for the first time this season; moreover,

Strawberry? wow its nice..my favourite is strawberry juice + soda..
Its yummy..

--
http://www.cookdojo.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Spitzmaus" > wrote in message
> Hot DAMN, it's getting good at the farmers' market! Today, my favorite strawberry
> vendor showed up for the first time this season; moreover, the cherry folks had
> peaches and nectarines in addition to their stellar apricots. Fresh figs are a
> couple weeks away, fresh basil is making an appearance, favas are abundant,
> rhubarb's still strong, asparagus continues its trajectory -- yes, I'm a giddy girl
> this evening. :-P
>
> Spitz
> --
> Mind the runner beans!

Where are you in this big wide world?
I usually go to a Wednesday market too, in Carlsbad. This week I missed it because my
daughter had a concert, so now I have to go to the smaller one in Oceanside to tide
me over til Sunday when I go to Hillcrest. These are all in San Diego County.

I'm thinking with all this warm sunny weather, the strawberries should be nearing
phenomenal at my favorite stand too!

kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy quipped:

> Hmmm... "Hello, produce market? Do you have any rooms available?"

That's particularly apropos after I misread the Subject line as "Market
MARIA." ;-)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in news:447ec207$0
:

> Andy quipped:
>
>> Hmmm... "Hello, produce market? Do you have any rooms available?"

> That's particularly apropos after I misread the Subject line as "Market
> MARIA." ;-)
>
> Bob

Bob,

You know a ripe tomato when you see one!!!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

>> I misread the Subject line as "Market MARIA." ;-)

> You know a ripe tomato when you see one!!!

She had melons from here to Sunday...

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in news:447ecbe0$0
:

> Andy wrote:
>
>>> I misread the Subject line as "Market MARIA." ;-)

>> You know a ripe tomato when you see one!!!
>>

> She had melons from here to Sunday...
>
> Bob

Any takers???

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Spitzmaus > wrote:

> Hot DAMN, it's getting good at the farmers' market! Today, my favorite
> strawberry vendor showed up for the first time this season; moreover,
> the cherry folks had peaches and nectarines in addition to their stellar
> apricots. Fresh figs are a couple weeks away, fresh basil is making an
> appearance, favas are abundant, rhubarb's still strong, asparagus
> continues its trajectory -- yes, I'm a giddy girl this evening. :-P
>
> Spitz

Just so you know -- I hate you. Really. I do.
What's your plan for the aps, cherries, and other stone fruits? Will
you preserve any? It would be wrong if you didn't make some apricot
butter. Just wrong. And if you're not into preserving (canning) and
want info, ask at rec.food.preserving. There's only about three people
here who know anything about it. "-)
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 5/29/2006, What They Did For Love

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"lorento" > wrote:

> > >Hot DAMN, it's getting good at the farmers' market! Today, my favorite
> > >strawberry vendor showed up for the first time this season; moreover,

> Strawberry? wow its nice..my favourite is strawberry juice + soda..
> Its yummy..
>
> --
> http://www.cookdojo.com

Soda? Sweet? Club soda? TaB?
I use leftover cherry juice in lemonade or TaB.
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 5/29/2006, What They Did For Love
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in news:447ecbe0$0
> :

> >> You know a ripe tomato when you see one!!!
> >>

> > She had melons from here to Sunday...
> >
> > Bob

> Any takers???
>

> Andy

Not me. I prefer meat. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nexis" > wrote in message

> Where are you in this big wide world?
> I usually go to a Wednesday market too, in Carlsbad. This week I missed it
> because my daughter had a concert, so now I have to go to the smaller one
> in Oceanside to tide me over til Sunday when I go to Hillcrest. These are
> all in San Diego County.

Where is the Carlsbad market? I'll be there visiting my mom in early July,
and while I won't be there on Wednesday, my sisters will be there a longer
time and might be interested in the market.

Anny

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Spitzmaus wrote:
> Hot DAMN, it's getting good at the farmers' market! T [snip]

Our farmers market is today and, as you say, the variety of stuff is
increasing. I got strawberries, haricots verts, artichokes, fat green
onions, and grapefruit. Not sure why I passed up the cherries, both
Bing and Rainier White -- the samples were delicious. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem sez:

> Our farmers market is today and, as you say, the variety of stuff is
> increasing. I got strawberries, haricots verts, artichokes, fat green
> onions, and grapefruit. Not sure why I passed up the cherries, both
> Bing and Rainier White -- the samples were delicious. -aem

So where is your market? I enjoy hearing about other folks' foraging trips!

Oh, and next time you ought to get those cherries . . .

Spitz
--
"Mind the runner beans!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Anny Middon" > wrote in message
om...
> "Nexis" > wrote in message
>>

>> Where are you in this big wide world?
>> I usually go to a Wednesday market too, in Carlsbad. This week I missed it because
>> my daughter had a concert, so now I have to go to the smaller one in Oceanside to
>> tide me over til Sunday when I go to Hillcrest. These are all in San Diego County.
>>

> Where is the Carlsbad market? I'll be there visiting my mom in early July, and
> while I won't be there on Wednesday, my sisters will be there a longer time and
> might be interested in the market.
>
> Anny

Right near Carlsbad Village drive and Jefferson. Easy to find, not as easy to park

kimberly