Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Latest Brawny TV "teach your husband" commercial

Last year we discussed the grotesque guy trying to be a suave kitchen
hulk.

Remember?

The new version has him pitching women to turn in their husbands to a
"camp" to turn them into Stepford husbands.

What man would be so stupid as to be entered into such a dumb contest. If
he were that inept, the wife shouldn't have married him.

It's a stupid "reality TV" commercial. Reminds me of "Queen for a Day"
the early 60s TV show where women had to prove themselves more miserable
than the other contestants to win a washer and drier and flowers.

Disgusting!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy sez:
> Last year we discussed the grotesque guy trying to be a suave kitchen
> hulk.
>
> Remember?
>
> The new version has him pitching women to turn in their husbands to a
> "camp" to turn them into Stepford husbands.
>
> What man would be so stupid as to be entered into such a dumb contest. If
> he were that inept, the wife shouldn't have married him.
>
> It's a stupid "reality TV" commercial. Reminds me of "Queen for a Day"
> the early 60s TV show where women had to prove themselves more miserable
> than the other contestants to win a washer and drier and flowers.
>
> Disgusting!
>
> Andy

Disgusting indeed; I've only seen it once, and found it seriously
off-putting. But I must confess that I find a majority of commercials
odious just because they're commercials. I don't appreciate being
pitched to, nor do I fit the demographic the ads appear to target. Phooey!

However, there's a GE spot running these days featuring an elephant
hoofing it /a la/ Gene Kelly in "Singin' In The Rain". I find it quite
adorable . . . :-[

Spitz
--
Mind the runner beans!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Spitzmaus > wrote in
:

> However, there's a GE spot running these days featuring an elephant
> hoofing it /a la/ Gene Kelly in "Singin' In The Rain". I find it

quite
> adorable . . . :-[

Spitz,

I've seen that commercial numerous times but for the life of me, I can
never remember what they're selling! Maybe when elephant meat is readily
availble, it'll kick in!?!?

--JUST KIDDING--

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 May 2006 19:10:39 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>Last year we discussed the grotesque guy trying to be a suave kitchen
>hulk.
>
>Remember?
>
>The new version has him pitching women to turn in their husbands to a
>"camp" to turn them into Stepford husbands.
>
>What man would be so stupid as to be entered into such a dumb contest. If
>he were that inept, the wife shouldn't have married him.
>
>It's a stupid "reality TV" commercial. Reminds me of "Queen for a Day"
>the early 60s TV show where women had to prove themselves more miserable
>than the other contestants to win a washer and drier and flowers.
>
>Disgusting!
>
>Andy

This is your chuckle of the day, I hope!

The Brawny videos are hilarious.

Sue(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Well,
you could employ the tactic of actually using the "off" button and get your
a** of the house and live your life instead of sitting in front of the
"idiot box" as my Dad used to refer to it. Then you would have to find
something in real life to disgust you. That shouldn't take long, and
probably far more entertaining, since real life doesn't concern itself with
demographic groups.
Thomas
"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Last year we discussed the grotesque guy trying to be a suave kitchen
> hulk.
>
> Remember?
>
> The new version has him pitching women to turn in their husbands to a
> "camp" to turn them into Stepford husbands.
>
> What man would be so stupid as to be entered into such a dumb contest. If
> he were that inept, the wife shouldn't have married him.
>
> It's a stupid "reality TV" commercial. Reminds me of "Queen for a Day"
> the early 60s TV show where women had to prove themselves more miserable
> than the other contestants to win a washer and drier and flowers.
>
> Disgusting!
>
> Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Thomas" <scythicon311@yahoo(dot)com> wrote

> Well,
> you could employ the tactic of actually using the "off" button and get
> your a** of the house and live your life instead of sitting in front of
> the "idiot box" as my Dad used to refer to it.

Your Dad and perhaps his entire generation of fathers?
What, was it a rule or something? The Oath of Dad?

> Then you would have to find something in real life to disgust you. That
> shouldn't take long, and probably far more entertaining, since real life
> doesn't concern itself with demographic groups.

What's the big deal where he finds something to disgust him?
(laugh)

Those kinds of commercials are annoying, they veered
from (lazy woman her husband has ring around the collar) to
(men are just too stupid around the house to be believed).

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Thomas" <scythicon311@yahoo(dot)com> wrote in
:

> Well,
> you could employ the tactic of actually using the "off" button and get
> your a** of the house and live your life instead of sitting in front
> of the "idiot box" as my Dad used to refer to it. Then you would
> have to find something in real life to disgust you. That shouldn't
> take long, and probably far more entertaining, since real life doesn't
> concern itself with demographic groups.
> Thomas

Thomas, the pessimist,

LOSER!

http://www.tinypic.com/11b51kx.jpg

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> http://www.tinypic.com/11b51kx.jpg
>
> Andy

Andy, did you say what body of water your boat was on in this picture?
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" > wrote in news:127u184qat7j098
@corp.supernews.com:

>> http://www.tinypic.com/11b51kx.jpg
>>
>> Andy

> Andy, did you say what body of water your boat was on in this picture?
> Dee Dee

That was on Mauch Chunk Lake in Jim Thorpe, PA. It's 2.6 miles from one
end (the spillway) to the other (bird sanctuary). If you want to
motorboat around, it's gotta be electric. It's quite a place! If you zoom
in to the right, you can see a strip of public beach. The adjoining
shoreline is filled with super camping grounds! Folks spend the summer
there. I found it funny to see signs for firewood on the way from Jim
Thorpe proper to the lake, then it dawned on me that the campers need
firewood to cook and sit around. Duh!!!

http://www.carboncounty.com/park/

Their photo is remarkably similar to mine by the spillway! So I row
straight into the distance and back, then back to the "pier" (1/4 mile
more).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> "Dee Randall" > wrote in news:127u184qat7j098
> @corp.supernews.com:
>

>>> http://www.tinypic.com/11b51kx.jpg
>>>
>>> Andy

>> Andy, did you say what body of water your boat was on in this picture?
>> Dee Dee

> That was on Mauch Chunk Lake in Jim Thorpe, PA. It's 2.6 miles from one
> end (the spillway) to the other (bird sanctuary). If you want to
> motorboat around, it's gotta be electric. It's quite a place! If you zoom
> in to the right, you can see a strip of public beach. The adjoining
> shoreline is filled with super camping grounds! Folks spend the summer
> there. I found it funny to see signs for firewood on the way from Jim
> Thorpe proper to the lake, then it dawned on me that the campers need
> firewood to cook and sit around. Duh!!!
>
> http://www.carboncounty.com/park/
>
> Their photo is remarkably similar to mine by the spillway! So I row
> straight into the distance and back, then back to the "pier" (1/4 mile
> more).

Thanks for the information.
Oh, I've been to Jim Thorpe, just never saw the lake. We were looking for
him - whatta guy!
http://www.alphacdc.com/necona/jimthorp.html

We'll have to check it out next time -- just a look -- remember? I get sea
sick pronto!
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" > wrote in
:

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message
>> "Dee Randall" > wrote in news:127u184qat7j098
>> @corp.supernews.com:

>>> Andy, did you say what body of water your boat was on in this
>>> picture? Dee Dee

>> That was on Mauch Chunk Lake in Jim Thorpe, PA. It's 2.6 miles from
>> one end (the spillway) to the other (bird sanctuary). If you want to
>> motorboat around, it's gotta be electric. It's quite a place! If you
>> zoom in to the right, you can see a strip of public beach. The
>> adjoining shoreline is filled with super camping grounds! Folks spend
>> the summer there. I found it funny to see signs for firewood on the
>> way from Jim Thorpe proper to the lake, then it dawned on me that the
>> campers need firewood to cook and sit around. Duh!!!
>>
>> http://www.carboncounty.com/park/
>>
>> Their photo is remarkably similar to mine by the spillway! So I row
>> straight into the distance and back, then back to the "pier" (1/4
>> mile more).

> Thanks for the information.
> Oh, I've been to Jim Thorpe, just never saw the lake. We were looking
> for him - whatta guy!
> http://www.alphacdc.com/necona/jimthorp.html
>
> We'll have to check it out next time -- just a look -- remember? I
> get sea sick pronto!
> Dee Dee

Jim Thorpe, PA is a very historic town. "America's Switzerland". I always
visit Jim Thorpe's resting place each time I visit. Another of
Pennsylvania's best kept secrets (almost, imho,

Andy