Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

Default NY Living

Good morning and Happy Memorial weekend to all!

Does anyone have experience with purchases from www.nyliving.com ?

They seem to have really good prices and I am considering buying a Miele
dishwasher from them. Your experience and comments are appreciated!

Thank you..
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 29 May 2006 15:00:13 GMT, jay > wrote:

>Does anyone have experience with purchases from www.nyliving.com ?
>
>They seem to have really good prices and I am considering buying a Miele
>dishwasher from them. Your experience and comments are appreciated!

I see that they are in Brooklyn. So I checked to see if that address was in
my Brooklyn Storefronts album. And, lo and behold, there they were! You can
see their storefront at:
http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0123.htm

I'll have to add that as another domain name that they use. You can check
other people's experiences with this outfit at resellerratings.com. Try
using some of the other domain names they use.

The modus operandi in Brooklyn dealers is to not give you the low
advertized price, unless you also purchase a grossly overpriced warranty.
And the warranty can be so restricted as to be useless.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

On Mon, 29 May 2006 15:16:10 -0400, Don Wiss wrote:

> On Mon, 29 May 2006 15:00:13 GMT, jay > wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have experience with purchases from www.nyliving.com ?
>>
>>They seem to have really good prices and I am considering buying a Miele
>>dishwasher from them. Your experience and comments are appreciated!

> I see that they are in Brooklyn. So I checked to see if that address was in
> my Brooklyn Storefronts album. And, lo and behold, there they were! You can
> see their storefront at:
> http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0123.htm

Whoa!! That storefront is it? Looks like a crack house. LOL Thanks for
the info!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Don Wiss" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 29 May 2006 15:00:13 GMT, jay > wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have experience with purchases from www.nyliving.com ?
>>
>>They seem to have really good prices and I am considering buying a Miele
>>dishwasher from them. Your experience and comments are appreciated!

> I see that they are in Brooklyn. So I checked to see if that address was
> in
> my Brooklyn Storefronts album. And, lo and behold, there they were! You
> can
> see their storefront at:
> http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0123.htm

I'm curious: Have you shopped locally for the same dishwasher? If yes, what
is the price of the unit at the local place, compared to nyliving's price?
Give us real numbers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 May 2006, JoeSpareBedroom > wrote:

>I'm curious: Have you shopped locally for the same dishwasher? If yes, what
>is the price of the unit at the local place, compared to nyliving's price?
>Give us real numbers.

I'm not the OP and I'm not in the market for a dishwasher, but if I were
there are three local places I would get prices from:

http://gringerandsons.com/
http://www.glazerbros.com/home.html
http://www.drimmers.com/home.asp

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Don Wiss" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 30 May 2006, JoeSpareBedroom > wrote:
>
>>I'm curious: Have you shopped locally for the same dishwasher? If yes,
>>what
>>is the price of the unit at the local place, compared to nyliving's price?
>>Give us real numbers.

> I'm not the OP and I'm not in the market for a dishwasher, but if I were
> there are three local places I would get prices from:
>
> http://gringerandsons.com/
> http://www.glazerbros.com/home.html
> http://www.drimmers.com/home.asp
>
> Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

I asked him because I wonder sometimes if people consider that the money
they save will seem really stupid when the thing breaks. Small, local
dealers will often put existing customers ahead of strangers when service
calls are needed. If there's a dinner party tomorrow and the stove's busted
today, the $100 savings will be totally insignificant at that moment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

On Wed, 31 May 2006 00:02:13 +0000, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> I asked him because I wonder sometimes if people consider that the money
> they save will seem really stupid when the thing breaks. Small, local
> dealers will often put existing customers ahead of strangers when service
> calls are needed. If there's a dinner party tomorrow and the stove's busted
> today, the $100 savings will be totally insignificant at that moment.

Maybe you did not notice but you ask Mr. Wiss this question. No agreement
on your rational but the savings is ..

1. no tax to my delivery area
2. free shipping
3. price of dishwasher is less

Dishwashers are as easy to install as a washing machine.

Small, local dealers usually do not have this product and the warranty
work may come from a source completely different than where the purchase
was made. I will probably buy locally cause I have now bonding with the
dealer.

lol...

thanks for the comments..

Living Well sf[_9_] General Cooking 5 05-11-2010 04:35 AM
Living Will midocr Barbecue 4 05-04-2005 01:35 AM
OT Living Will [email protected] Barbecue 7 03-04-2005 10:41 PM
Ian, others, I have been living a lie Mark Lipton Wine 8 30-09-2004 10:35 PM