Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Philadelphia "Jam on the River" music and food.

Today and tomorrow's "Jam on the River"

In Philadelphia at Penn's Landing today and tomorrow on the Delaware
river, look for the tall guy wearing 1994's "Jamambalaya Jam" t-shirt
silkscreened with a crawdad playing the piano and say "Hi, Andy!"

Food: Louisiana cuisine and other local CRAP. Jambalaya and beignets will
be my treat if you spot me!

It's not the same as it used to be. Back then they had three stages
always on and it was three days entertainment. Now it's a "Captain Morgan
rum" commercial corruption catastrophy, imho.

No matter, it's a great party for the people, imho!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy <q> wrote in :

> Today and tomorrow's "Jam on the River"
>
> In Philadelphia at Penn's Landing today and tomorrow on the Delaware
> river, look for the tall guy wearing 1994's "Jamambalaya Jam" t-shirt
> silkscreened with a crawdad playing the piano and say "Hi, Andy!"
>
> Food: Louisiana cuisine and other local CRAP. Jambalaya and beignets
> will be my treat if you spot me!
>
> It's not the same as it used to be. Back then they had three stages
> always on and it was three days entertainment. Now it's a "Captain
> Morgan rum" commercial corruption catastrophy, imho.
>
> No matter, it's a great party for the people, imho!
>
> Andy

Revised:

> Today and tomorrow's "Jam on the River"
>
> In Philadelphia at Penn's Landing on the Delaware river, look for the

tall guy wearing 1994's "Jambalaya Jam" t-shirt silkscreened with a
crawdad playing the piano and say "Hi, Andy!"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Today and tomorrow's "Jam on the River"
>
> In Philadelphia at Penn's Landing today and tomorrow on the Delaware
> river, look for the tall guy wearing 1994's "Jamambalaya Jam" t-shirt
> silkscreened with a crawdad playing the piano and say "Hi, Andy!"
>
> Food: Louisiana cuisine and other local CRAP. Jambalaya and beignets will
> be my treat if you spot me!
>
> It's not the same as it used to be. Back then they had three stages
> always on and it was three days entertainment. Now it's a "Captain Morgan
> rum" commercial corruption catastrophy, imho.
>
> No matter, it's a great party for the people, imho!

I went bike riding in Valley Forge National Park yesterday while you
were at Penn's Landing. I was surprised to find the park and the bike
trail fairly quiet. There were only a few people in the welcome center
and just a handful of people out enjoying the nice weather yesterday
afternoon. I wonder while. Yesterday was a great day for biking and
American history.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy <q> wrote in :

> Today and tomorrow's "Jam on the River"

Isn't that likely to cause an environmental disaster? What kind of
jam? Quince is nice, but yellow tomato would be more eco-friendly :-)

--

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why
the poor have no food, they call me a communist."

Dom Helder Camara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz > wrote in news:stan-14864C.12324828052006
@news.giganews.com:

> I went bike riding in Valley Forge National Park yesterday while you
> were at Penn's Landing. I was surprised to find the park and the bike
> trail fairly quiet. There were only a few people in the welcome center
> and just a handful of people out enjoying the nice weather yesterday
> afternoon. I wonder while. Yesterday was a great day for biking and
> American history.

Good way to spend some of your day. I've been meaning to try walking the
multiuse trail. Is it flatland or hills or both?

George Washington stayed overnight at an Inn just up the road, on his
way from Philly to Valley Forge. Talk about your winter of discontent!!!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michel Boucher > wrote in
:

> Isn't that likely to cause an environmental disaster? What kind of
> jam? Quince is nice, but yellow tomato would be more eco-friendly :-)

Blues.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy <q> wrote in :

> Michel Boucher > wrote in
> :
>
>> Isn't that likely to cause an environmental disaster? What kind
>> of jam? Quince is nice, but yellow tomato would be more
>> eco-friendly :-)

> Blues.

Blues tomato jam? That's not even grammatically correct :-)

--

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why
the poor have no food, they call me a communist."

Dom Helder Camara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Stan Horwitz > wrote in news:stan-14864C.12324828052006
> @news.giganews.com:
>
>> I went bike riding in Valley Forge National Park yesterday while you
>> were at Penn's Landing. I was surprised to find the park and the bike
>> trail fairly quiet. There were only a few people in the welcome center
>> and just a handful of people out enjoying the nice weather yesterday
>> afternoon. I wonder while. Yesterday was a great day for biking and
>> American history.

> Good way to spend some of your day. I've been meaning to try walking the
> multiuse trail. Is it flatland or hills or both?
>
> George Washington stayed overnight at an Inn just up the road, on his
> way from Philly to Valley Forge. Talk about your winter of discontent!!!
>
> Andy

So damned sad, I cried when I went there a couple of years ago. One of my
ancestors was there; I know he didn't get to sit bside the fire with the
General.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote

> Michel Boucher > wrote in
> :
>
>> Isn't that likely to cause an environmental disaster? What kind of
>> jam? Quince is nice, but yellow tomato would be more eco-friendly :-)

> Blues.

A town near me has a really nice jazz festival a couple of times a
year, you reminded me it must be coming up soon, if I didn't already
miss it. Ahh! It's next weekend. Used to be a food and jazz festival,
but the jazz has pretty much taken over. You can still get some good
food.

http://www.redbankfestival.com/

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in news:e5d9ur$4ul$1
@news.monmouth.com:

> A town near me has a really nice jazz festival a couple of times a
> year, you reminded me it must be coming up soon, if I didn't already
> miss it. Ahh! It's next weekend. Used to be a food and jazz

festival,
> but the jazz has pretty much taken over. You can still get some good
> food.
>
> http://www.redbankfestival.com/

That sounds like fun! The Jam on the River (Jambalaya Jam, then River
Blues) used to have three stages and you just moved from stage to stage
when you felt like it. You were always guaranteed a bowl of piping hot
sausage jambalaya and powerfully powder coated begneits.

Now it's been reduced to one stage with one hour wait between the
artists. Food is also reduced to "fradulent" crap. Captain Morgan
hosted, wait, pirated the show. Who in their right mind would drink free
rum delivered where you sat by "waiters" with trays full of dixie cups
in the midday sun and then drive home?

I drank about 1/2 gallon of my water (not the $2.50 16ozs for sale) and
sun-screened twice.

The first three bands were excellent! The fourth band "Dirty Dozen" took
the stage and instantly fell into a three note infinite loop for about
10 minutes. I had to leave before they finished the song!

Attendance was poor and it was HOT both days.

Oh well.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Stan Horwitz > wrote in news:stan-14864C.12324828052006
> @news.giganews.com:
>
> > I went bike riding in Valley Forge National Park yesterday while you
> > were at Penn's Landing. I was surprised to find the park and the bike
> > trail fairly quiet. There were only a few people in the welcome center
> > and just a handful of people out enjoying the nice weather yesterday
> > afternoon. I wonder while. Yesterday was a great day for biking and
> > American history.

> Good way to spend some of your day. I've been meaning to try walking the
> multiuse trail. Is it flatland or hills or both?

The trail is a gentle slope. Definitely not flat, but not rough either.

> George Washington stayed overnight at an Inn just up the road, on his
> way from Philly to Valley Forge. Talk about your winter of discontent!!!

Haven't you heard? Washington slept just about everywhere!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Michel Boucher > wrote:

> Andy <q> wrote in :
>
> > Michel Boucher > wrote in
> > :
> >
> >> Isn't that likely to cause an environmental disaster? What kind
> >> of jam? Quince is nice, but yellow tomato would be more
> >> eco-friendly :-)

> > Blues.

> Blues tomato jam? That's not even grammatically correct :-)

On the Camden river front, which is just across the Delaware River where
Andy went to that Jam, there's a tomato festival that's usually held in
early August when the New Jersey tomatoes are at their best. Its a lot
of fun and its mostly jazz and tomato products!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz > wrote in
:

> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> Stan Horwitz > wrote in
>> news:stan-14864C.12324828052006 @news.giganews.com:
>>
>> > I went bike riding in Valley Forge National Park yesterday while
>> > you were at Penn's Landing. I was surprised to find the park and
>> > the bike trail fairly quiet. There were only a few people in the
>> > welcome center and just a handful of people out enjoying the nice
>> > weather yesterday afternoon. I wonder while. Yesterday was a great
>> > day for biking and American history.

>> Good way to spend some of your day. I've been meaning to try walking
>> the multiuse trail. Is it flatland or hills or both?

> The trail is a gentle slope. Definitely not flat, but not rough
> either.

Stan,

I just got off the phone with Susan at the Welcome Center. We spoke for a
good while. I'm not so keen about walking Rte. 23 with car exhaust as my
air supply. Maybe walk to it then backtrack.

It's not as steep as my loop at Ridley Creek State Park. An easy 400'
elevation from lowpoint to highpoint in about .8 miles.

>> George Washington stayed overnight at an Inn just up the road, on his
>> way from Philly to Valley Forge. Talk about your winter of
>> discontent!!!

> Haven't you heard? Washington slept just about everywhere!

Did you see the History channel presentation "Washington the Warrior'" last
night? Great program.

All the best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz > wrote in news:stan-F43B45.10141330052006
@news.giganews.com:

> In article >,
> Michel Boucher > wrote:
>
>> Andy <q> wrote in :
>>
>> > Michel Boucher > wrote in
>> > :

>> > Blues.

>> Blues tomato jam? That's not even grammatically correct :-)

> On the Camden river front, which is just across the Delaware River

where
> Andy went to that Jam, there's a tomato festival that's usually held in
> early August when the New Jersey tomatoes are at their best. Its a lot
> of fun and its mostly jazz and tomato products!

What Stan said!

Plus the wine tasting and cooking demos and last year's IFOCE
(www.ifoce.com) world pizza eating competition. The grossest thing I've
seen in my life. Anyone can enter for a fee. That and it's super-kid
friendly (inflated playground, lots of lawn to roll down, etc.).

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Stan Horwitz > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
> >
> >> Stan Horwitz > wrote in
> >> news:stan-14864C.12324828052006 @news.giganews.com:

> >> Good way to spend some of your day. I've been meaning to try walking
> >> the multiuse trail. Is it flatland or hills or both?

> > The trail is a gentle slope. Definitely not flat, but not rough
> > either.

> Stan,
>
> I just got off the phone with Susan at the Welcome Center. We spoke for a
> good while. I'm not so keen about walking Rte. 23 with car exhaust as my
> air supply. Maybe walk to it then backtrack.
>
> It's not as steep as my loop at Ridley Creek State Park. An easy 400'
> elevation from lowpoint to highpoint in about .8 miles.

You could always do the path through the park, and then simply turn
around and go back that way. That avoids all road traffic and its still
a nice bike ride or walk.

> >> George Washington stayed overnight at an Inn just up the road, on his
> >> way from Philly to Valley Forge. Talk about your winter of
> >> discontent!!!

> > Haven't you heard? Washington slept just about everywhere!

> Did you see the History channel presentation "Washington the Warrior'" last
> night? Great program.

No. I missed it.

"DuMOL Russian River Chard" aesthete8 Wine 1 27-01-2011 06:00 PM
TN: first "wines by river" of 2010 DaleW Wine 1 24-06-2010 06:08 PM
"Copper" river salmon gerald Wine 7 11-06-2007 08:12 PM
+ Asian Food Experts: Source for "Silver Needle" or "Rat Tail" Noodles? + Chris General Cooking 1 29-12-2006 07:13 PM
First impression of Trader Joe's "Napa River" wines Dana H. Myers Wine 1 08-10-2006 10:59 PM