Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Which is most famous food in world?

Which food most of the people eat frequently?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

On Thu, 25 May 2006 09:14:54 -0700, neo wrote:

> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

BEEF .. what else?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"neo" > wrote:

> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

Depends...

Rich people or poor people?

What is the most commonly eaten food?

I'd say breads.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

eggs. paul newman ate 50 of em at one sitting. i saw it on TV!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"neo" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

Shaky pudding.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

RICE... i guess..

neo wrote:
> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wheat
I don't know of any culture in the world where wheat is not consumed..
Right?
I would say bread.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

neo wrote:
> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

Well, I think there's probably a difference between what food most
people eat frequently and what's the most *famous* food in the world.

What people eat frequently differs a great deal by where they live. In
many parts of the world, rice is probably a "most frequently" eaten
food, but in other parts, rice could be a rarity.

I don't know if there's a single most famous, but some food icons (no
particular order):

pizza
the American hamburger
varieties of pasta
the many variations of filled dumplings (potstickers, gyoza, pierogi,
raviloi, etc.)
the many variations of flat bread (pita, tortilla, etc.)
the world-wide variety of seasoned and cured meats (sausages, bacon,
ham, etc.)
breads
grains

the list could go on for pages and pages....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

neo wrote:
> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

Think about RICE, yes guys, rice is the most popular food served on
this planet, in all Asia is the basic food.

Then any kind of bread is the second food on our list.

Regards from Mexico,

Alex.:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> RICE... i guess..

Correct.

> neo wrote:
> > Which food most of the people eat frequently?

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

neo wrote:
> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

potatoes....never in history has a famine of a specific food been so
devastating

Grizzman
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jay" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 25 May 2006 09:14:54 -0700, neo wrote:
>
>> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

> BEEF .. what else?

More likely chicken.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

neo wrote:
> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

Rice.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jay" > wrote in message

news
> On Thu, 25 May 2006 09:14:54 -0700, neo wrote:

>> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

> BEEF .. what else?

More likely chicken.

Ms P

*******
I would imagine that the answer would be bread or some variation, or
some sort of grain.

Good Lord you're dumb.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"neo" > wrote in news:1148573694.172588.203270
@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

Did a google search on most popular food,

I am suprised by this

http://tigerx.com/trivia/foods.htm

--

Charles
The significant problems we face cannot be solved

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester wrote:
> neo wrote:
> > Which food most of the people eat frequently?

> Rice.

Rice is no longer the most popular grain/starch... these days diets are
far more diverse... between corn, wheat, beans, and many other
grains/seeds/twigs and many starches like especially potatoes, and most
especisally french fries, rice is now on the back burner so to speak...
I don't think any fast food joint serves rice but they all serve
fries... and I'm talking globally, these days fast food is everywhere.

The most popular meat is seafood... chicken, pork... beef is at the low
end. Even with weiners beef is not very popular. In the Middle East
turkey rules.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 25 May 2006 09:14:54 -0700, "neo" > wrote:

>Which food most of the people eat frequently?

rice.

--
modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 May 2006 13:56:14 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On 25 May 2006 09:14:54 -0700, neo wrote:
>
>> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

>Pickled pigs feet and surstromming.
>
>-sw

You left out beer.

--
modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Captain Crunch
Posted to rec.food.cooking

modom wrote:
> On 25 May 2006 09:14:54 -0700, "neo" > wrote:
>
>> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

> rice.
>
> --
> modom

That's what I said and Sheldon disagreed, but it depends on the criteria
you use for "most of the people".

My theory was that in huge, populous countries like China and India,
rice is a staple.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Its either PIZZA or CHICKEN.

But you can't rule out FISH.

Charles
Mich

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Which food most of the people eat frequently?"

I will select rice. It is a pity that it is not HUMBLE PIE!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 26 May 2006 01:25:42 GMT, Puester >
wrote:

>modom wrote:
>> On 25 May 2006 09:14:54 -0700, "neo" > wrote:
>>
>>> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

>> rice.

>That's what I said and Sheldon disagreed, but it depends on the criteria
>you use for "most of the people".
>
>My theory was that in huge, populous countries like China and India,
>rice is a staple.

That was approximately my line of reasoning, too.

I'm about to finish reading Michael Pollan's "The Omnivore's Dilemma:
A Natural History of Four Meals." It's very interesting and rather
disturbing. In terms of USA consumption, corn is king. At least as
far as the source of the carbon in beef, eggs, poultry, pork, soft
drinks, beer, and most processed foods are concerned, it's corn by a
landslide. Corn is the source of an enormous amount of additives in
processed foods -- things like guar gum, carrageenan (sp?), ascorbic
acid, and (of course) high fructose corn syrup. This last item I just
discovered on the label of the whole wheat bread my wife got for my
lunch sandwiches. Chemical analyses of even fast food fries indicts
corn (in the frying oil) as a source of the carbon. Americans consume
more corn these days, Pollan avers, than do Mexicans. And by a wide
margin.

Me, I'm trying to get some grass (besides corn, which is a grass, to
be sure) back in the food chain. The steak I grilled tonight came
from a steer that was finished on grass. I bought it from the woman
who raised the animal, so I know.
--
modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
modom > wrote:

> Me, I'm trying to get some grass (besides corn, which is a grass, to
> be sure) back in the food chain. The steak I grilled tonight came
> from a steer that was finished on grass. I bought it from the woman
> who raised the animal, so I know.
> --
> modom

There is nothing more wonderful than range fed beef...... ;-d

Soon as I can afford it, I'm going to put another free range veal into
the freezer. I bought one about 8 years or so ago and it was the best
beef I've ever had. It was a weanling Brangus. Around 500 lbs. on the
hoof.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Charles Quinn" > wrote in message
. 125.201...
> "neo" > wrote in news:1148573694.172588.203270
> @y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Which food most of the people eat frequently?
>>

> Did a google search on most popular food,
>
> I am suprised by this
>
> http://tigerx.com/trivia/foods.htm
>
> --
>
> Charles

Perhaps it's backwards. I believe that's the problem.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

neo wrote:
:: Which food most of the people eat frequently?

Beer

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"neo" > schreef in bericht
oups.com...
> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

Rice, methinks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yogi Gupta wrote:
> Wheat
> I don't know of any culture in the world where wheat is not consumed..
> Right?
> I would say bread.

The rice-driven cultures did not have bread before they were
westernized. In China they still can't get it right, even at famous
bread gourmet places it is still crap.

Music, Recipes, Photos, and mo

http://www.sequoiagrove.dk

"You don´t frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons
of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called Arthur-king, you and
all your silly English kaniggets. Thppppt!"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> I don't think any fast food joint serves rice but they all serve
> fries... and I'm talking globally, these days fast food is everywhere.

In China they have McDonald look-alike fast food joints that serves
Chinese or Japanese cuisine. A "meal" is e.g. a bland starchy soup, a
dozen of greasy pork filled dumplings and some streamed rice or a noodle
dish, and a coke (lol).

Music, Recipes, Photos, and mo

http://www.sequoiagrove.dk

"You don´t frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons
of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called Arthur-king, you and
all your silly English kaniggets. Thppppt!"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jke" > wrote in message

> "neo" > schreef in bericht
> oups.com...
>> Which food most of the people eat frequently?
>>

> Rice, methinks.

"Quite a while ago" on a visit to China, there were 8 of us, 4 were
American-Chinese or Chinese-American (don't know which or if there is a
difference), but at meals there were always the other 4 of us
(appearance-Caucasian).

Some meals (not often) were NOT served rice to 4 of us (Caucasian) but to
the other 4. I was told that the reason was that as a result of the
revolution that no Chinese person would ever go hungry and this was the
reason they would get a bowl of rice. The odd thing was that it was always
served as the last course and it was so obvious a gesture in that way. As
if to say, "don't go away hungry."
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> > I don't think any fast food joint serves rice but they all serve
> > fries... and I'm talking globally, these days fast food is everywhere.

> In China they have McDonald look-alike fast food joints that serves
> Chinese or Japanese cuisine. A "meal" is e.g. a bland starchy soup, a
> dozen of greasy pork filled dumplings and some streamed rice or a noodle
> dish, and a coke (lol).

But they also have real McDonalds in China, over 500 locations now and
projected to increase to over 1000 by the time of the Olympics, and
they serve essentially the same menu as in the US.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doug Kanter" > wrote in message
> "neo" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Which food most of the people eat frequently?
>>

> Shaky pudding.

What's that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On 25 May 2006 09:14:54 -0700, neo wrote:
>
>> Which food most of the people eat frequently?

> Pickled pigs feet and surstromming.

Umm What is surstromming please?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
.uk...

> "Doug Kanter" > wrote in message
>> "neo" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> Which food most of the people eat frequently?
>>>

>> Shaky pudding.

> What's that?

It's girl pie! :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:

>> Rice, methinks.

> "Quite a while ago" on a visit to China, there were 8 of us, 4 were
> American-Chinese or Chinese-American (don't know which or if there is a
> difference), but at meals there were always the other 4 of us
> (appearance-Caucasian).
>
> Some meals (not often) were NOT served rice to 4 of us (Caucasian) but to
> the other 4. I was told that the reason was that as a result of the
> revolution that no Chinese person would ever go hungry and this was the
> reason they would get a bowl of rice. The odd thing was that it was always
> served as the last course and it was so obvious a gesture in that way. As
> if to say, "don't go away hungry."
> Dee Dee

Hah. We were in Norway having dinner at a restaurant with some local
business people. We all ordered off the menu, and one of the men said
"Ah, but we MUST have some POTATOES. Some of us are Norwegians, after all."

IME it's a general Scandinavian thing.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
> .uk...
>>
>> "Doug Kanter" > wrote in message
>>> "neo" > wrote in message
>>> oups.com...
>>>>

>>> Shaky pudding.

>> What's that?
>>

> It's girl pie! :-)

Made out of girls???

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 May 2006 16:04:00 GMT, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Pickled pigs feet and surstromming.

>> Umm What is surstromming please?

> Fermented Herring. Very toxic.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming

Ah! errrr thank you)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 26 May 2006 11:39:24 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Thu, 25 May 2006 20:07:12 -0500, modom wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 May 2006 13:56:14 -0500, Steve Wertz
>> > wrote:

>>>Pickled pigs feet and surstromming.

>> You left out beer.

>You can't drink carbonated beverages with surstromming. You'll
>explode.

Learn something new every day.

--
modom