FoodBanter.com

-   -   reheating chicken thighs from the oven (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/92204-reheating-chicken-thighs-oven.html)

jw 1111 22-05-2006 08:13 PM

reheating chicken thighs from the oven

i'm having a few people around for a meal and was going to do masses of
chicken thighs in the oven. it looks like people will have to arrive at
staggered times throughout the evening.

if i cook the chicken thighs earlier in the evening will they successfully
heat up a few at a time in the microwave for latecomers, or will that change
the taste for the worse? So might it be better to dish them up cold?
thanks for advice.

JoeSpareBedroom 22-05-2006 08:15 PM

"jw 1111" > wrote in message
> i'm having a few people around for a meal and was going to do masses of
> chicken thighs in the oven. it looks like people will have to arrive at
> staggered times throughout the evening.
>
> if i cook the chicken thighs earlier in the evening will they successfully
> heat up a few at a time in the microwave for latecomers, or will that
> change the taste for the worse? So might it be better to dish them up
> cold? thanks for advice.

They'll heat up with no problem. But, juicy meats tend to heat up faster
than you might expect. So, use a low-medium power setting, cover with waxed
paper (NOT plastic wrap), and pay attention to the sounds & smells.

Steve Pope 22-05-2006 08:52 PM

reheating chicken thighs from the oven

My concern is the microwaved thighs will turn rubbery.
A different strategy might be to keep them warm in a low
oven throughout the evening, rather than cooling/reheating.

Steve

OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] 22-05-2006 09:01 PM

reheating chicken thighs from the oven

In article >,
"jw 1111" > wrote:

> i'm having a few people around for a meal and was going to do masses of
> chicken thighs in the oven. it looks like people will have to arrive at
> staggered times throughout the evening.
>
> if i cook the chicken thighs earlier in the evening will they successfully
> heat up a few at a time in the microwave for latecomers, or will that change
> the taste for the worse? So might it be better to dish them up cold?
> thanks for advice.

Re-heat them as individual servings. Not all at once.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

JoeSpareBedroom 22-05-2006 09:03 PM

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "jw 1111" > wrote:
>
>> i'm having a few people around for a meal and was going to do masses of
>> chicken thighs in the oven. it looks like people will have to arrive at
>> staggered times throughout the evening.
>>
>> if i cook the chicken thighs earlier in the evening will they
>> successfully
>> heat up a few at a time in the microwave for latecomers, or will that
>> change
>> the taste for the worse? So might it be better to dish them up cold?
>> thanks for advice.

> Re-heat them as individual servings. Not all at once.
> --
> Peace!
> Om

Ms Om, would you like to restate that advice? Are you suggesting she warm up
one serving at a time, or would you rather say "small batches"?

jw 1111 23-05-2006 05:42 AM

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> "jw 1111" > wrote:
>>
>>> i'm having a few people around for a meal and was going to do masses of
>>> chicken thighs in the oven. it looks like people will have to arrive at
>>> staggered times throughout the evening.
>>>
>>> if i cook the chicken thighs earlier in the evening will they
>>> successfully
>>> heat up a few at a time in the microwave for latecomers, or will that
>>> change
>>> the taste for the worse? So might it be better to dish them up cold?
>>> thanks for advice.

>> Re-heat them as individual servings. Not all at once.
>> --
>> Peace!
>> Om

> Ms Om, would you like to restate that advice? Are you suggesting she warm
> up one serving at a time, or would you rather say "small batches"?

and would that be 'warmed up' in the oven or microwave please?

Stan Horwitz 23-05-2006 06:46 PM

OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

> In article >,
> "jw 1111" > wrote:
>
> > i'm having a few people around for a meal and was going to do masses of
> > chicken thighs in the oven. it looks like people will have to arrive at
> > staggered times throughout the evening.
> >
> > if i cook the chicken thighs earlier in the evening will they successfully
> > heat up a few at a time in the microwave for latecomers, or will that
> > change
> > the taste for the worse? So might it be better to dish them up cold?
> > thanks for advice.

> Re-heat them as individual servings. Not all at once.

Or just set them out on a hot plate.