Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Default I saw a salamander in a home kitchen!

Today was the Park Slope Brooklyn House Tour. In one of the homes the woman
had custom mounted a Garland H280 Series Infra-Red Salamander Broiler above
her 36" Garland range. Now, because of the custom work needed, I'm assuming
that this was a home pro-style range, and not one for a restaurant. She
liked this model salamander as you can only fire up one side, which was all
she needs. Now this is the first time I've seen a salamander in a home. I
gather one would use it just like any other broiler, just that it gets
hotter? Or just what would one use such for?

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

an omelet De Arture` sp?

grizzman

Don Wiss wrote:
> Today was the Park Slope Brooklyn House Tour. In one of the homes the woman
> had custom mounted a Garland H280 Series Infra-Red Salamander Broiler above
> her 36" Garland range. Now, because of the custom work needed, I'm assuming
> that this was a home pro-style range, and not one for a restaurant. She
> liked this model salamander as you can only fire up one side, which was all
> she needs. Now this is the first time I've seen a salamander in a home. I
> gather one would use it just like any other broiler, just that it gets
> hotter? Or just what would one use such for?
>
> Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Don Wiss wrote:
> Today was the Park Slope Brooklyn House Tour. In one of the homes the woman
> had custom mounted a Garland H280 Series Infra-Red Salamander Broiler above
> her 36" Garland range. Now, because of the custom work needed, I'm assuming
> that this was a home pro-style range, and not one for a restaurant. She
> liked this model salamander as you can only fire up one side, which was all
> she needs. Now this is the first time I've seen a salamander in a home. I
> gather one would use it just like any other broiler, just that it gets
> hotter? Or just what would one use such for?

You can use them for keeping food warm, too.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Sun 21 May 2006 06:21:03p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it -L.?

> Don Wiss wrote:
>> Today was the Park Slope Brooklyn House Tour. In one of the homes the
>> woman had custom mounted a Garland H280 Series Infra-Red Salamander
>> Broiler above her 36" Garland range. Now, because of the custom work
>> needed, I'm assuming that this was a home pro-style range, and not one
>> for a restaurant. She liked this model salamander as you can only fire
>> up one side, which was all she needs. Now this is the first time I've
>> seen a salamander in a home. I gather one would use it just like any
>> other broiler, just that it gets hotter? Or just what would one use
>> such for?

> You can use them for keeping food warm, too.

IME, salamanders can achieve temperatures much hotter than a typical broiler.
They are particularly useful for quickly browning and/or crisping the tops of
foods.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Don Wiss wrote:
> Or just what would one use such for?

"You can fit three bodies in there."

--Blair

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Blair P. Houghton wrote:
> Don Wiss wrote:
> > Or just what would one use such for?

> "You can fit three bodies in there."
>
> --Blair

JUST three??

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

On Sun 21 May 2006 07:16:26p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
itsjoannotjoann?

> Blair P. Houghton wrote:
>> Don Wiss wrote:
>> > Or just what would one use such for?