Posted to aus.food,rec.food.cooking

Default Where not to go in Sanctuary Cove..

Ansels 'Calabash'.

Had lunch there yesterday. There would have been 8 people max in the
restaurant. We were going to go somewhere else but she who likes fish saw
the lunch menu and we dcided to give it a whirl.

The specials for lunch were rump steak, or crumbed fish of the day
(Barramundi), or calamari. All with salad and chips for $9.90

I ordered the rump, medium rare, and the SO got the fish. First drinks
arrived in the right amount of time.
The meals arrived after 30mins wait. I ordered another drink when they
arrived. After another 15mins and finishing my lunch, I went up to the bar
and got the beer myself. Took the stubby back to the table and drank from
the bottle. You should have seen the looks of disapproval!!
A waitress came up and asked if I would prefer to drink it out of a glass,
I said no.

At $5 per stubby of Tooheys New, you'd think they'd have them flowing out
to the patrons. The young girl behind the bar was stressed to the
max....... and she only had *3* drinks orders on the bar!! Mine being one
of them!!

But........ the meals. The steak was overcooked, and I was charged an extra
$2.50 for some garlic butter to put on top of it. The so called
"Barramundi" tasted like cod..... very fishy, so I ended up having that
because the SO doesn't like her fish to taste like fish. Go figure.

And to top it off, several other of the 8 patrons in the place were
complaining of long waits to get drinks/food.

We ended up finishing my second beer and walking out..... but not until
after helping the waitress work out how much change she was supposed to
give me. DUH!!

Will be going back to the Cove in the near future, but Clabash is
definitely on my 'Not to visit' list.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

At this spectacle even the most gentle must feel savage, and the most
savage must weep.

Turkish Officer
400 Plateau
24May1915
Posted to aus.food,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

On Thu, 18 May 2006 10:56:53 +1000, Craig Welch >
wrote:

>On 14 May 2006 14:06:13 GMT, LucasP > wrote:
>
>>The specials for lunch were rump steak, or crumbed fish of the day
>>(Barramundi), or calamari. All with salad and chips for $9.90

>So you pay down-market prices, and expect up-market food?
>
>>I ordered the rump, medium rare, and the SO got the fish. First drinks
>>arrived in the right amount of time.
>>The meals arrived after 30mins wait. I ordered another drink when they
>>arrived. After another 15mins and finishing my lunch, I went up to the bar
>>and got the beer myself. Took the stubby back to the table and drank from
>>the bottle. You should have seen the looks of disapproval!!

>Understandably. How uncouth.
>
>>A waitress came up and asked if I would prefer to drink it out of a glass,
>>I said no.

>So you don't even know how to drink beer, after all those days and
>nights of drunkenness.
>
>Beer from a glass tastes infinitely better than beer from a bottle.
>As anyone with any taste knows.

Er, need I explain to you the GHG/BHG/WTFWTTCPTRFCITTP trichotomy?