FoodBanter.com

-   -   Recipe for French yogurt cake, using oil. (for Ranee) (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/91384-recipe-french-yogurt-cake.html)

Jke 14-05-2006 12:22 PM

Recipe for French yogurt cake, using oil. (for Ranee)

Ranee, I am following up on a question you asked in an older thread (Cake
Recipes Using Oil?). I am sorry it took so long to asnwer it, I didn't
discover your post until jsut now.
The recipe-URLs and some commetns are below.

"Ranee Mueller" > schreef in bericht
> In article >,
> "Jke" > wrote:
>
>> You might Google for French yogurt cake. No butter, but yogurt and oil. I
>> once saw ar ecipe for it htat used teh (small) yogurt containters as
>> "cup"measures for the rest of the ngredients.
>>
>> It comes out similar to pound cake, but lighter in texture. Great with
>> lemon, too.
>>
>> I wish I had a recipe to give you, but I don't. I think Clotile onf
>> http://chococalateandzucchini.com might have a recipe on her site. My
>> memory
>> is unclear.
>>
>> If you should be unable to find a recipe, let me know and I'll do some
>> Googling in French (my French is limited, but hopefully it's good
>> enough).

> I am looking on both the website you gave and Google, but could you
> look this up as well? It would be a wonderful thing to try. Thank you!
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

Clotilde's recipe can be found he

http://chocolateandzucchini.com/arch..._au_yaourt.php
Please read the first few comments below that recipe, too. There is an
important addition from Clotilde.

Other recipes are available through:
http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=...z oeken&meta=

I 'll assume that you don't speak French. I glanced through some recipes,
the methods are very straighforward. I'd simply follow Clotildes method.

When you look at the recipes in French, the main ingredients are translated
as follows:

farine: flour
oeuf: egg
yaourt: yogurt
suc sugar
huile: oil
sel: salt
sucre vanillé: vanilla sugar (a sachet contains 20 grams which is mostly
sugar, with added ground vanilla pods. Can be substituted with vanilla to
taste)
levure chimique: chemical yeast, i.e. baking powder (I checked my cabinet: a
sachet would contain 16 grams in France - at least that's the amount here in
Holland and it's the same in Germany. AND it's the same with the
vanilla-flavored sachets of baking powder that Pandora has kindly senmt to
me. So I hope that's a European standard that woudl apply in teh French
recipes, too)

A "pot" of yogurt contains 125 ml, the French then reuse that pot to measure
the other ingredients.

I hope the quantities will be easy for you to read as they are. If you
follow the mothod from Clotilde's website, you should be ok in most
situations.I've rad one recipe where everyhting was mixed in one go, so that
might work just fine, too.

I had this cake when staying at a French farm, it was wonderful. Moister and
lighter than pound cake (which is always a bit overwhelimong to me). With a
hint of fresh tartness form the yogurt. And there is no butter, so it's
pretty healthy, as fars as cakes go.It's great combined with fruit.Lemon,
red fruits, apricots.

There is a recipe in English he
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...s/views/231588

It sounds pretty close to the French recipes..