Mark Shaw

Default New Magazine? (to me)

In article >,
"Jack Schidt®" > wrote:
>"Dimitri" > wrote in message
. ..
>> I received a free issue of Cuisine at Home magazine. I like the look of

>the
>> book and they claim 100% cooking "No Ads"
>>
>> Does anyone subscribe, if so what do you think?

>I just received same and you beat me to the query here. Looks good and I
>like the fact that it came "pre-punched" for including in a 3 ring binder.
>I wish more would do that.

It's a nice magazine with a lot of info. I liked it so much when I
first started taking it that I bought all the back issues....

--
Mark Shaw contact info at homepage --> http://www.panix.com/~mshaw
"How can any culture that has more lawyers
sf

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:25:37 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> "Jack Schidt®" wrote:
> >
> > "Dimitri" > wrote in message

> > > I received a free issue of Cuisine at Home magazine. I like the look of

> > the
> > > book and they claim 100% cooking "No Ads"
> > >
> > > Does anyone subscribe, if so what do you think?

> > I just received same and you beat me to the query here. Looks good and I
> > like the fact that it came "pre-punched" for including in a 3 ring binder.
> > I wish more would do that.

> When I saw the subject I thought ... did I post about this magazine?
> I was going to, I got it in the mail yesterday. I liked it, I'm
> going to subscribe. Seems odd that they found us all at the same
> time.

for the rest of us...
Get a preview issue here
http://www.cuisinemagazine.com/main/sic-subscribe.html

Considering there are only 6 issues per year, it looks like
the spiral bound Annual Volumes for $18 each are a good
deal.
http://www.backissuesstore.com/cnvol001.html
Rosie Miller

>It's a nice magazine with a lot of info. I liked it so much when I
>first started taking it that I bought all the back issues....

I got the sample issue too, and thought that it was a new magazine, I am going
to subscribe to it.
Rosie
sf

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:27:42 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

> Well, all conspiracy theories aside, it's a lot better than getting the gift
> of SWEN.
>
> Jack Mag

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/sec...9116520,00.htm
http://www.technewsworld.com/perl/story/31632.html

Stark Raven

Had Cuisine at Home for over a year and it's pretty good for ideas if
not the actual recipes. Color pics make it easier to view for many and
the recipes appear to be well tested, if not as thorough as Cooks
Illustrated.
SCUBApix

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:25:37 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

look of
> > > the

> > > I just received same and you beat me to the query here. Looks good

and I
> > > like the fact that it came "pre-punched" for including in a 3 ring

binder.
> > > I wish more would do that.

> > When I saw the subject I thought ... did I post about this magazine?
> > I was going to, I got it in the mail yesterday. I liked it, I'm
> > going to subscribe. Seems odd that they found us all at the same
> > time.
> >

> for the rest of us...
> Get a preview issue here
> http://www.cuisinemagazine.com/main/sic-subscribe.html
>
> Considering there are only 6 issues per year, it looks like
> the spiral bound Annual Volumes for $18 each are a good
> deal.
> http://www.backissuesstore.com/cnvol001.html

I just looked at the first site (above) and checked out the sample Entree
recipe. The recipe looks fine but the instructions are suspect (to me). For
example, it says to cook 1/2 cup shallots and 2 T garlic in 1 1/2 cups of
simmering white wine. It then says this process is called 'sweating'.
Boiling a vegetable in any liquid is not what I call sweating the vegetable.
If they are trying to teach something, I would expect them to use terms
correctly.

Again, just one sample point but it raises questions in my mind on the
quality of the magazine.

SCUBApix

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:25:37 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

look of
> > > the

> > > I just received same and you beat me to the query here. Looks good

and I
> > > like the fact that it came "pre-punched" for including in a 3 ring

binder.
> > > I wish more would do that.

<snip>

> Considering there are only 6 issues per year, it looks like
> the spiral bound Annual Volumes for $18 each are a good
> deal.
> http://www.backissuesstore.com/cnvol001.html

If you check it out more thoroughly you will see that a single year (6
issues) of back issues cost $27.95. If you want to buy single issues, the
minimum order is $18.

Dimitri

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

<snip>
Seems odd that they found us all at the same
> time.
>
> nancy

Conspiracy!

:-)

Dimitri

The Art of Tea magazine Tea Aroma Tea 0 22-09-2010 06:57 PM
tea magazine missmouse[_2_] Tea 3 30-04-2007 07:49 PM
the new tea magazine Michael Plant Tea 13 15-12-2006 06:52 PM
Tea Magazine Tyler Tea 14 06-04-2005 10:03 PM
BBQ Magazine? L. Cook Barbecue 6 24-07-2004 04:36 PM