modom

Default OT. Time Travel

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 14:29:25 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"levelwave" > wrote in message
>> Fudge wrote:
>>
>> > Well, it sounds great, and works in the mathematical model. However,

>the
>> > reality is that in the region where the time effects exist, the

>difference
>> > in gravity gradient across all regions becomes pronounced. Imagine how

>the
>> > tides on Earth work, bulging out both towards and away from the moon due

>> > the decrease of the moon's gravity from the near to the far side of

>Earth.
>> > Now imagine that same mechanism raised by a thousand orders of magnitude
>> > near the event horizon of a black hole. The varying tidal forces would
>> > produce tons of strain on ships and people. Even small items like a

>wrench
>> > would be twisted and stretched by severe tidal forces, leaving nothing

>of
>> > our time travelers but a star-mangled spanner.

>> Yes of course, November 5 1955. That was the day I invented time
>> travel. I remember it vividly, I was standing on my toilet hanging a
>> clock. The porcelain was wet, I slipped, hit my head on the edge of the
>> sink and when I came to, I had a revelation, a vision, a picture in
>> head, a picture of this. This is what makes time travel possible, the
>> Flux Capacitor.
>>
>> ~john!
>>

>Sayyyy, looks like I came to the right place. If you don't mind could you
>deliver these pills to my buddy's girlfriend? Oh, it's not a big trip, back
>9 months or so would do.
>
>Jack Tardis

Hell with that! I've got a few REALLY good stock tips for us all.
And some ideas about the Belmont Stakes winner, as well.

modom

Since I lost the brindle cat,
The rats come right up and peer into the pot.
-- Han Shan
Mark Shaw

(A.T. Hagan) wrote:

>>>OK, you got me on that one. Pretty good. I'm stealing it for use
>>>elsewhere.

>>It's already stolen. Asimov, I think. Or maybe Niven.

>Arthur C. Clarke. See http://www.awpi.com/Combs/Shaggy/557.html

Right (head-slap). Neither Asimov nor Niven, not being Brits,
would likely use "spanner" to refer to a wrench.

ObCooking: Anyone have a pointer to a knife-sharpening service in
the north Dallas area? Thanks.

--
Mark Shaw contact info at homepage --> http://www.panix.com/~mshaw
"There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can

Travel with Sha [email protected] General Cooking 0 06-06-2015 06:09 AM
Killing Time With Triangles or Kilning Triangle Traveler Time Kurt Brown-- Saint Ram Bone General Cooking 0 07-08-2008 05:56 PM
Time Travel PastaLover General Cooking 9 09-05-2006 02:45 AM
Travel Recipes Kamus of Kadizhar General Cooking 4 16-05-2004 09:08 AM
BBQ Travel mtbchip Barbecue 10 18-04-2004 07:47 AM