Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Thawing/Cooking in the Dishwasher

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> So I was filling up the dishwasher, but didn't want to run it
> until I filled up the top rack. On the counter top was a
> cryovaced raw beef heart (split) that I had taken out to thaw and
> cook later.
>
> Figuring what the hell, I threw it on the top rack of the
> dishwasher, threw in some detergent, and ran the dishwasher.
>
> 30 minutes later, out popped a perfectly thawed and slightly
> blanched beef heart, wrapper still very much in tact. A a bunch
> of clean dishes, too.
>
> This opens up a whole new world of possibilties. Next time I
> need to thaw a packer cut brisket or a couple frozen whole
> chickens....
>
> -sw

Oooh, weird. I think I would be afraid of the detergent seeping through.

But I have heard of cooking salmon in the dishwasher although I've never
tried it. Hmm, just picturing opening my dishwasher and serving supper.
Yup. Lots of possibilities.

Elaine

Elaine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaine wrote:

> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> > So I was filling up the dishwasher, but didn't want to run it
> > until I filled up the top rack. On the counter top was a
> > cryovaced raw beef heart (split) that I had taken out to thaw and
> > cook later.
> >
> > Figuring what the hell, I threw it on the top rack of the
> > dishwasher, threw in some detergent, and ran the dishwasher.
> >
> > 30 minutes later, out popped a perfectly thawed and slightly
> > blanched beef heart, wrapper still very much in tact. A a bunch
> > of clean dishes, too.
> >
> > This opens up a whole new world of possibilties. Next time I
> > need to thaw a packer cut brisket or a couple frozen whole
> > chickens....

> Oooh, weird. I think I would be afraid of the detergent seeping
> through.
>
> But I have heard of cooking salmon in the dishwasher although I've
> never tried it. Hmm, just picturing opening my dishwasher and
> serving supper. Yup. Lots of possibilities.

I looked for that on the web a while back. As I recall, for some
reason recipes for turkey were much more common.

--
Dan Goodman
All political parties die at last of swallowing their own lies.

Cooking frozen meatloaf without thawing??? tomkanpa General Cooking 30 17-07-2020 12:12 AM
thawing z z General Cooking 14 10-12-2012 02:30 AM
Cooking frozen meatloaf without thawing??? tomkanpa General Cooking 0 31-01-2007 03:51 PM
Thawing/Cooking in the Dishwasher Tom Yost General Cooking 0 05-05-2006 07:19 PM
Thawing/Cooking in the Dishwasher OmManiPadmeOmelet General Cooking 0 05-05-2006 02:40 PM