Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Broken Egg In Carton

Old Mother Ashby wrote:

> You don't need two fully functional hands to cook any more than you do
> to type. Just don't try filleting fish :-)

Thanks.

I am typing one handed. i have an ice pack wrapped around my hand, so i
can't hold anything with that hand. and frankly. it just hurts a lot
right now. i can't bend the one finger because it is so swollen. and it
starts bleeding if i attempt to bend it anyway. i'm just glad i didn't
break anything. it hurt so bad at first, i wasn't sure. i was taking a
table down, and thought i was supporting it so that it wouldn't fall
when i removed the last screw. but it caught my fingers. i had to stand
up and bring the table up with me so that i could get it to let go of
my fingers.

i was planning to cut up potatoes, and i would need to hold the
potatoes. i'll just wait until tomorrow night. by then, it should be a
lot better.

i ate some chips with bean dip tonight. not what i planned, but a lot
easier.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote

> break anything. it hurt so bad at first, i wasn't sure. i was taking a
> table down, and thought i was supporting it so that it wouldn't fall
> when i removed the last screw. but it caught my fingers. i had to stand
> up and bring the table up with me so that i could get it to let go of
> my fingers.

You poor thing, something like that happened to me once, it was
a window, and I am here to say it hurt like hell. Feel better.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Old Mother Ashby wrote:

> Ouch! Sounds like it might be sore for a few days.
>
> Seriously, don't try chopping things. Ditch the potatoes and have pasta
> or rice instead.

Yes, I did it really bad. My index finger is purple on the inside and
and the side so far. Gettin more color. Very sensitive, but able to
type with it tonight, so I can type with two hands again

The tip is better than the fingerprint area. That hurt really bad at
work today. The middle finger is the worse. Bruised and swollen on the
inside, and filleted on top. Barely any bend. It can bend at the joint
closest to the palm, but not at the joint closest to the nail. That one
is very sensitive all over, and I kept bumping it at work.

I also manged to burn my other hand. I was trying to get the pans out
of the hotcase. Nobody remembered to turn it off early, so it was
hotter than normal. I couldn't pull the pan out with my finger nails on
the left hand, so I wanted to lift the pan from below so that my two
good fingers could grab it. I brushed the backs of my knuckles against
the bottom of the case. Now I have a small blister on one knuckle.
Thanfully, I do carry my own burn gel, so it isn't too bad.

I'll wait on the potatoes. I had more chips and dip tonight. And I have
several meals in the freezer. Tonight, I will cook up my chicken
breasts and do something with them tomorrow. The ground beef will go in
the freezer. I can make meatballs later.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>>was away during the Patches brouhaha, and what you say may well be
correct, but it doesn't appear that you did anything to defend her

Sorry to disappoint you by not swearing, it's not my style, but I will
say that you're up yourself in a big way. I hope that satisfies you.

Christine

Read, recognized, taken into consideration.
As to Patches, since I had been back here only a week, nothing I could
say would mean anything and besides I did not know any history. Like
if someone took after Sheldon in that way, I would know why.
My swearing is disappointing to me, but yours would be meaningless as
it is your choice. I have apologized, however. And now I will go
gently into the night, having come back to take any criticism offered.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Umbrian" > wrote

> My thoughts about this group have been tending towards the negative
> sensation that it resembles recess at a junior high school. It started
> during the Patches episode, where several expressed the opinion that
> she had emotional issues. I don't know her since I had a hiatus of
> several years between connecting when I lived in the US and connecting
> when I got unlimited internet here. But I kept thinking, if she is
> emotionally unstable, then it is clearly wrong to start something with
> her (the stolen photo) and then to assemble and make fun of her when
> she reacted. I kept thinking that at least one of the long term
> posters would step in and say, "Enough! This is immature and
> unattractive behavior." No one ever did.

First of all, we don't know who posted the photo. No clue. For all I
know, she did. Any efforts to tell her she was overreacting were met
with hysteria. And, by your own admission, this was your first experience
with her. I'm not saying what happened was right but I can see how it
came to happen. There's history, you just pick up the end of the story
and take it by it's face value.

There was nothing to be gained by anyone saying, Stop That! If nothing
else, the person most actively involved, in my recollection, couldn't
possibly care less what I think, so forget that. Just to be on record as
the hall monitor? No thanks.

I understand what you said, but I guess you probably think we should
collectively feel ashamed of ourselves. Well, I don't.

nancy