Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default A good resource

for all things chile:

http://newmexicanconnection.com/

and no, I do not have a financial interest in the company.

My nephew just got back from NM. Last night after band practice he
made some red chile. He took dried red Hatch chiles and put them in a
covered pot with about an inch of water and boiled them for about 20
minutes. Then he removed the stems and put them in the Cuisinart with
a some garlic cloves that he'd removed the centers (the part that turns
into a plant) from, and used a tiny bit of the reconstituting water to
get the right consistency and pureed the stuff, adding salt to taste.
That's it. Nothing else.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.mexican-cooking

There's absolutely nothing like NM red chile sauce over cheese
enchiladas. Nothing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.mexican-cooking

The best thing about that site was the link to pepperfool.com which has
many recipes (including other spicy foods becides Mexican).
Paul

BOBOBOnoBO® wrote:
> for all things chile:
>
> http://newmexicanconnection.com/
>
> and no, I do not have a financial interest in the company.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jude wrote:
> There's absolutely nothing like NM red chile sauce over cheese
> enchiladas. Nothing.

I halfway agree, but instead of cheese enchiladas, I'd say a "burrito
con asada, frijoles y aguacate."

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8 May 2006 15:50:31 -0700, "BOBOBOnoBO®" >
wrote:

>Jude wrote:
>> There's absolutely nothing like NM red chile sauce over cheese
>> enchiladas. Nothing.

>I halfway agree, but instead of cheese enchiladas, I'd say a "burrito
>con asada, frijoles y aguacate."
>
>--Bryan

Only thing better is green chile sauce....

I just had some killer green chile at Perea's this past week. And
the BEST refried beans!!!!!

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On 8 May 2006 15:50:31 -0700, "BOBOBOnoBO®" >
> wrote:
>

> >Jude wrote:
> >> There's absolutely nothing like NM red chile sauce over cheese
> >> enchiladas. Nothing.

> >I halfway agree, but instead of cheese enchiladas, I'd say a "burrito
> >con asada, frijoles y aguacate."
> >
> >--Bryan

> Only thing better is green chile sauce....
>
> I just had some killer green chile at Perea's this past week. And
> the BEST refried beans!!!!!
>
> Christine

Oh, shut up. You haven't invited me to NM for chile til NEXT year!

I can get dried red here, so I make do with red chile. I had some
frozen roasted green chiles shipped to me, but peeling seeding and
chopping is so much work and I wasn't completely happy with the chiles
to begin with. But having found a place to buy real NM reds, I can
exist til my next pilgrimage home.

Where'd you end up living, anyway? Which part of Abq? Settled in yet?