Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How to contact a member

This is a simple question. If I want to send a message to only one
member of the group without having it published on the public pages
1. Is it feasible?
2. How does one do it.
The person I want to contact does not have a valid emial address on the
profile. I tried that email address already.
Yogi

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Yogi Gupta wrote:
> This is a simple question. If I want to send a message to only one
> member of the group without having it published on the public pages
> 1. Is it feasible?
> 2. How does one do it.
> The person I want to contact does not have a valid emial address on the
> profile. I tried that email address already.

Send a new message to the group titled Ping: [Name of person you want
to contact]. Ask him or her to send you an e-mail at your valid email
address. If he or she wants to, you can then communicate privately.
-aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.revenge

Yogi Gupta wrote:

> This is a simple question. If I want to send a message to only one
> member of the group without having it published on the public pages
> 1. Is it feasible?
> 2. How does one do it.
> The person I want to contact does not have a valid emial address on the
> profile. I tried that email address already.
> Yogi

Just ask Sheldon. He know like everything in the whole wide world!
He's my idol because he know so much. I can't figure out how to get rid
of the stink but he does know what he is talking about when it comes to
cooking.

pathetic really
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.revenge

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
> Yogi Gupta wrote:
>
>> This is a simple question. If I want to send a message to only one
>> member of the group without having it published on the public pages
>> 1. Is it feasible?
>> 2. How does one do it.
>> The person I want to contact does not have a valid emial address on the
>> profile. I tried that email address already.
>> Yogi
>>

> Just ask Sheldon. He know like everything in the whole wide world! He's
> my idol because he know so much. I can't figure out how to get rid of the
> stink but he does know what he is talking about when it comes to cooking.
>
> pathetic really

So! The Sheldon that posts from supernews is patches.. yes?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.revenge

Ophelia wrote:

> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
>
>>Yogi Gupta wrote:
>>

>>>This is a simple question. If I want to send a message to only one
>>>member of the group without having it published on the public pages
>>>1. Is it feasible?
>>>2. How does one do it.
>>>The person I want to contact does not have a valid emial address on the
>>>profile. I tried that email address already.
>>>Yogi
>>>

>>Just ask Sheldon. He know like everything in the whole wide world! He's
>>my idol because he know so much. I can't figure out how to get rid of the
>>stink but he does know what he is talking about when it comes to cooking.
>>
>>pathetic really

> So! The Sheldon that posts from supernews is patches.. yes?

No but nice try. I just got AOL to make it all legit too so guess where
the next few posts are coming from. One of those free CDs, how
convenient Then take a guess where the other posts will be coming
from. Lots of luck filtering but give it a go.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yogi Gupta wrote:

> This is a simple question. If I want to send a message to only one
> member of the group without having it published on the public pages
> 1. Is it feasible?
> 2. How does one do it.
> The person I want to contact does not have a valid emial address on the
> profile. I tried that email address already.
> Yogi

Ask them in group or go see if they hang out in the chat room.

http://www.penguinpowered.ca/~vexorg...d.cooking.html

---
JL
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.revenge

On Sat 29 Apr 2006 03:04:05p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Sheldon?

Who gives a flying ****!?!

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.revenge,alt.atheism,scie.med.cardiology

"How to contact a member"

1. Get nekkid;
2. If male, reach;
3. If female, find suitable male -then- reach.

Not that difficult.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.revenge,alt.atheism,scie.med.cardiology

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sat 29 Apr 2006 03:04:05p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Sheldon?

>>>So! The Sheldon that posts from supernews is patches.. yes?
>>>

>>No but nice try. I just got AOL to make it all legit too so guess where
>>the next few posts are coming from. One of those free CDs, how
>>convenient Then take a guess where the other posts will be coming
>>from. Lots of luck filtering but give it a go.
>>

> Who gives a flying ****!?!

Obviously you do you sad waste of human flesh. Good luck filtering. I
can be a real pain in the a$$ so I've been told. Trolling here will be
so easy because basically and let me type this "real slow", you are all
f*cking retards. I doubt any of you could wipe your own a$$ if you tried.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29 Apr 2006 13:40:47 -0700, "Yogi Gupta" >
wrote:

>This is a simple question. If I want to send a message to only one
>member of the group without having it published on the public pages
>1. Is it feasible?
>2. How does one do it.
>The person I want to contact does not have a valid emial address on the
>profile. I tried that email address already.

If they don't have a valid email address in their posts, or on their
google profiles (*shudder*), they don't want you to contact them
privately.

serene

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> No but nice try. I just got AOL to make it all legit too so guess where
> the next few posts are coming from. One of those free CDs, how
> convenient Then take a guess where the other posts will be coming
> from. Lots of luck filtering but give it a go.

........ ~patches~ in her own words..........

I'm 5'1" and about 110 lb. I'm not near the fifties yet. I have the
cholesterol problem, I'm also

lactose intolerant.
I tore my hamstring last Wed. Along with the pain, crutches, and
tensor bandage, I have a good amount

of bruising Wed, Aug 24, 2005. I'm allergic to sulfites which is why I
avoid salad bars and most

wines. I detest chocolate and have never understood chocolate cravings.
I take milk thistle because

I'm on two medications that can affect your liver. For that reason, I
seldom drink alcohol because

there is no point adding extra strain to my liver. I cannot take
aspirin because of allergic reaction.
I'm not on Kumadin but am currently on high dosage MSM
(methylsulfonymethane) for at least a couple of

months. MSM has blood thinning qualities. I have melasma so am do the
retin-A along with

hydroquinone. My dermatologist recommended the laser and I've had two
successful treatments to the

point the melasma has faded and lessened significantly. For those of us
who detest chocoloate due to

allergic reaction, carob is a good alternative. I as well as a couple
of our kids are very, very
sensitive to sulfites. I had an accident almost a year ago so there was
some neurological damage. I'm classified as brittle asthmatic meaning
I can be fine one minute and very bad the next with very little
warning.

DH is 6'7" and about 240 lb. DH is in his mid 40's.

DH detests beer of any kind. Me I'm kinda partial to anything with
alcohol in it. company DH does the

payroll for.

Back when we were teens and just after we got married - am I dating
myself? - fondues were all the

rage.

We've had a water bed since the early 80's.

DH's dad (GRHS) came to Canada from Holland when he was 19.
MIL wasn't Dutch but got the recipe from DH's grandmother who came from
Holland in the early 1950's.
dMIL was very much traditional that way but she was Lebonanese.

I'm not vegetarian and I eat beef.

I'm growing French tarragon here in Canada. We go to the U.S. a lot.

No, we don't live on the coasts. We live in southwestern Ontario.

We are a rather close knit family. I keep my feet planted firmly on
Canadian soil too unless of course
I'm travelling.

We have 4 kids now all adults (sons and daughters).

DD just got back from a week in Cuba Nov 13, 2005.

DD has 2 cats, first one a stray, second one a farm critter.

DS had a red maple leaf tattooed between his shoulder blades.

DD has a small tattoo just at the top of buttocks.

Another DS had his eyebrow pierced but quickly lost it in order to
secure the job he really wanted.

I don't think there is a real national soup for Canada although having
grown up in a town with a

canning factory, tomato soup would be my guess.

We don't have dogs and there is a pretty strict leash law here.

We take a couple of extended vacations and several long weekend
vacations each year.

Major home gardener here for both cooking and canning. I have a
greenhouse.

Last year we put in a natural gas grill that feeds directly off our
natural gas line.

My mom was quite old but used to be a good cook until she got diabetes.

One thing I use in my cooking that mom never would have is alcohol. It
wasn't allowed in our house

ever.

We are under a water ever other day depending on the weather in our
township, so I collect rain water

I have 3 freezers - an 18 cf, 8 cf, and the freezer compartment of the
side-by-side fridge.

I'm not Om but can tell you I have a Jasi 6 qt cooker, Fagor 4 qt
cooker, and Mirro 22 at

canner/cooker. I have the 22 qt canner/cooker as well as a 6 qt and
4.5 qt.

We now have a Kenmore, bigger & better 1100 watt microwave, also with
the carousel.

I've had a Mr. Coffee dehydrator for years.

I'd drop Bell in a flash if we could. We live in an area with no cable
or high speed, dial-up only.

I've never understood Devil's Night (Oct 31, 2005) & the vandalism
thing. In the closest town arson

claimed huge old buildings that years & years ago used to be a lumber
yard. All that history up in

flames! The fire was so intense it melted the siding on four houses
across the road.to supplement.

I really enjoy browsing through US grocery stores like Farmer Jack
(only in Michigan).

We've been to the Waterloo (Ontario) and Kitchener farmer's markets
quite a few times.

To the point that all personal info short of it's SSN has been posted.
Even simple googling will reveal it's entire life story.

Reposting your words along with complete reference to *you* of course,
giving credit where credit is
due, is by no means blackmail.

After tonight, I will more than likely unsubscribe from this newsgroup.

I'm going into lurk mode for a variety of reasons.

........ ~patches~ in her own words..........

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rusty" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Sheldon wrote:
> > >

> > No but nice try. I just got AOL to make it all legit too so guess where
> > the next few posts are coming from. One of those free CDs, how
> > convenient Then take a guess where the other posts will be coming
> > from. Lots of luck filtering but give it a go.

> ....... ~patches~ in her own words..........
>
> I'm 5'1" and about 110 lb. I'm not near the fifties yet. I have the
> cholesterol problem, I'm also
>
> lactose intolerant.
> I tore my hamstring last Wed. Along with the pain, crutches, and
> tensor bandage, I have a good amount
>
> of bruising Wed, Aug 24, 2005. I'm allergic to sulfites which is why I
> avoid salad bars and most
>
> wines.

(rest of the whine/rant snipped because it makes no sense)

Dang! She's mind-boggling! I think I missed that original post - glad I
did.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kili responded:

>> ....... ~patches~ in her own words..........
>>
>> I'm 5'1" and about 110 lb. I'm not near the fifties yet. I have the
>> cholesterol problem, I'm also
>>
>> lactose intolerant.
>> I tore my hamstring last Wed. Along with the pain, crutches, and
>> tensor bandage, I have a good amount
>>
>> of bruising Wed, Aug 24, 2005. I'm allergic to sulfites which is why I
>> avoid salad bars and most wines.

> (rest of the whine/rant snipped because it makes no sense)
>
> Dang! She's mind-boggling! I think I missed that original post - glad I
> did.

I think you misunderstood: That didn't all come from a single post. Rusty
patched (heh) together snippets from a bunch of different posts in which
~patches~ revealed personal data about herself and her family.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> Kili responded:
>
> >> ....... ~patches~ in her own words..........
> >>
> >> I'm 5'1" and about 110 lb. I'm not near the fifties yet. I have the
> >> cholesterol problem, I'm also
> >>
> >> lactose intolerant.
> >> I tore my hamstring last Wed. Along with the pain, crutches, and
> >> tensor bandage, I have a good amount
> >>
> >> of bruising Wed, Aug 24, 2005. I'm allergic to sulfites which is why I
> >> avoid salad bars and most wines.

> > (rest of the whine/rant snipped because it makes no sense)
> >
> > Dang! She's mind-boggling! I think I missed that original post - glad

> > did.

> I think you misunderstood: That didn't all come from a single post. Rusty
> patched (heh) together snippets from a bunch of different posts in which
> ~patches~ revealed personal data about herself and her family.
>
> Bob

Ah, my bad. Came out kind of funny, though. More like her true self. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On 30 Apr 2006 06:45:01 -0500, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>
> > I think you misunderstood: That didn't all come from a single post.

Rusty
> > patched (heh) together snippets from a bunch of different posts in which
> > ~patches~ revealed personal data about herself and her family.

> I noticed that part about her being on dialup - which the troll
> mentioned, too.
>
> -sw

Yeah, but Steve, she's using your name, now.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene" > wrote in message
> On 29 Apr 2006 13:40:47 -0700, "Yogi Gupta" >
> wrote:
>
>>This is a simple question. If I want to send a message to only one
>>member of the group without having it published on the public pages
>>1. Is it feasible?
>>2. How does one do it.
>>The person I want to contact does not have a valid emial address on the
>>profile. I tried that email address already.

> If they don't have a valid email address in their posts, or on their
> google profiles (*shudder*), they don't want you to contact them
> privately.
>
> serene

Not necessarily. My email addy is munged (in an obvious sort of way) because
it cuts down somewhat on the spam that goes to that account, not because I
don't want real people to have the address. If someone couldn't figure out
how to un-munge my addy, they could certainly ping me to ask.

Donna

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:36:49 -0600, "D.Currie"
> wrote:

>"Serene" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On 29 Apr 2006 13:40:47 -0700, "Yogi Gupta" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>This is a simple question. If I want to send a message to only one
>>>member of the group without having it published on the public pages
>>>1. Is it feasible?
>>>2. How does one do it.
>>>The person I want to contact does not have a valid emial address on the
>>>profile. I tried that email address already.

>> If they don't have a valid email address in their posts, or on their
>> google profiles (*shudder*), they don't want you to contact them
>> privately.
>>
>> serene

>Not necessarily. My email addy is munged (in an obvious sort of way) because
>it cuts down somewhat on the spam that goes to that account, not because I
>don't want real people to have the address. If someone couldn't figure out
>how to un-munge my addy, they could certainly ping me to ask.

I'm not talking about munging. While I personally won't unmunge, I
think that having an obviously munged address in there counts as
having a valid email address available.

serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Kili responded:
>

>>>....... ~patches~ in her own words..........
>>>
>>>I'm 5'1" and about 110 lb. I'm not near the fifties yet. I have the
>>>cholesterol problem, I'm also
>>>
>>>lactose intolerant.
>>>I tore my hamstring last Wed. Along with the pain, crutches, and
>>>tensor bandage, I have a good amount
>>>
>>>of bruising Wed, Aug 24, 2005. I'm allergic to sulfites which is why I
>>>avoid salad bars and most wines.

>>(rest of the whine/rant snipped because it makes no sense)
>>
>>Dang! She's mind-boggling! I think I missed that original post - glad I
>>did.

> I think you misunderstood: That didn't all come from a single post. Rusty
> patched (heh) together snippets from a bunch of different posts in which
> ~patches~ revealed personal data about herself and her family.
>
> Bob

Remind me not to get rusty miffed at me!
---
JL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:36:49 -0600, "D.Currie"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Serene" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> If they don't have a valid email address in their posts, or on their
>>> google profiles (*shudder*), they don't want you to contact them
>>> privately.
>>>
>>> serene

>>Not necessarily. My email addy is munged (in an obvious sort of way)
>>because
>>it cuts down somewhat on the spam that goes to that account, not because I
>>don't want real people to have the address. If someone couldn't figure out
>>how to un-munge my addy, they could certainly ping me to ask.

> I'm not talking about munging. While I personally won't unmunge, I
> think that having an obviously munged address in there counts as
> having a valid email address available.
>
> serene

I probably wouldn't email someone unless I asked first, anyway, munged or
not. Unless they posted that they wanted personal replies.

Donna

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:30:14 GMT, kilikini wrote:

>> Rusty
>>>
>>> I noticed that part about her being on dialup - which the troll
>>> mentioned, too.

>> Yeah, but Steve, she's using your name, now.

> Oh yeah? Are you _sure_ that's not me? :-)
>
> I actually don't see any of them. Something must be filtering
> them for me. I figured on that, though. I'm honored, really.

O sulks... she isn't using me yet)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.revenge

Sheldon wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:

>>> Just ask Sheldon. He know like everything in the whole wide world!
>>> He's my idol because he know so much. I can't figure out how to
>>> get rid of the stink but he does know what he is talking about when
>>> it comes to cooking.
>>>
>>> pathetic really

>> So! The Sheldon that posts from supernews is patches.. yes?
>>

> No but nice try. I just got AOL to make it all legit too so guess
> where the next few posts are coming from. One of those free CDs, how
> convenient

Actually, those free CD's have a lot of good uses (none of which are in
*this* Sheldon's particular repetoire). They make good drink coasters when
you have guests over for a cookout on the patio. They are also really nice
when strung up on fishing wire and hung out in the middle of a cornfield to
scare away crows and other pesky critters in a garden.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.revenge

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
. ..
> Sheldon wrote:

>>> So! The Sheldon that posts from supernews is patches.. yes?
>>>

>> No but nice try. I just got AOL to make it all legit too so guess
>> where the next few posts are coming from. One of those free CDs, how
>> convenient

> Actually, those free CD's have a lot of good uses (none of which are in
> *this* Sheldon's particular repetoire). They make good drink coasters
> when
> you have guests over for a cookout on the patio. They are also really
> nice
> when strung up on fishing wire and hung out in the middle of a cornfield
> scare away crows and other pesky critters in a garden.
>
> Jill

DH got really bored one summer and made some pretty interesting sun catchers
and spinning things that we hung from one of the trees. The commercial CDs
held up a lot better than the rewriteable ones.

Donna

Administrator Contact Kevin Cooking Equipment 1 14-10-2016 11:01 AM
Infrared non contact thermometer EJ Willson General Cooking 24 24-03-2010 06:33 PM
My contact with Jarden Melba's Jammin' Preserving 3 22-08-2008 07:14 AM
Contact Jean M. General Cooking 7 26-07-2008 12:44 AM
Contact for Validation Frank[_7_] General Cooking 1 01-02-2008 06:33 PM