Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default [Burbank] Kosher(ish) restaurant w/meat?

Kind people,

I'm meeting a friend in Burbank, CA (down there for a consulting gig)
who kinda keeps kosher. He says he's in the mood for some meat, so I
presume that this isn't too strict a kashrut. Any suggestions for a
place?

Cheers,
David Fetter http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100 mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I saw a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today.
I think he's with the NSA.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Kosher(ish) restaurant w/meat?

David Fetter wrote:
> Kind people,
>
> I'm meeting a friend in Burbank, CA (down there for a consulting gig)
> who kinda keeps kosher. He says he's in the mood for some meat, so I
> presume that this isn't too strict a kashrut. Any suggestions for a
> place?

I have no idea what 'kinda keeping kosher' might mean when it comes to
restaurants. If he really wants kosher I think you have to go west
from Burbank to Studio City or Sherman Oaks where you might actually
find something. Or, if you want to relax from the tension of this
issue, go to a brewery (below is a quote from their website). Food's
actually not bad, and there are enough different styles of beer to
satisfy most folks. -aem

Gordon Biersch Restaurant is located in charming Burbank Village
just off the 5 freeway and less than two miles from Disney, Warner
Bros, NBC and Universal Studios. The restaurant features indoor and
patio dining as well as the Pilsner Room for any type of private
function. Freshly brewed Lagers, an exhibition kitchen, live music
Thursday through Saturday evenings and complimentary valet parking make
this Brewery/Restaurant a destination for anyone visiting Los Angeles
or the San Fernando Valley.

145 S. San Fernando Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91502
phone: 818-569-5240