Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My burger quest

In article >,
Donald Martinich > wrote:

> In article .com>,
> "KevinS" > wrote:
>

> > Hmm, you go to Las Vegas from the east coast and you get to
> > In-n-Out before I do, and I live in Northern California. I moved here
> > about a year ago. Never heard of INO before moving here. Never
> > been in one. Can't recall ever driving past one, although the website
> > says there are several in my area. Well, if I ever go by one, I'll stop
> > and
> > check it out.

> You should do that just to see what the fuss is about. Just don't get
> your hopes too high. I will say that I prefer IO to Mc Duck's, BK, Jack,
> and Wendy, especially if they are all near the same off-ramp. They are
> freshly cooked but it's still an industrial fast-food burger. And if
> you factor in the the frequently longer wait...

A few friends and I visit Las Vegas two or three times a year and we
usually eat at least one meal at the Inn 'N Out that's just off the
Strip near the New York New York. We usually walk there to burn off the
calories. The burgers are great there, but I really like the In 'N Out
t-shirts. Each year, they have a different In 'N Out t-shirt!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz wrote:
> Donald Martinich wrote:
> > "KevinS" wrote:
> >
> > > Hmm, you go to Las Vegas from the east coast and you get to
> > > In-n-Out before I do, and I live in Northern California. I moved here
> > > about a year ago. Never heard of INO before moving here. Never
> > > been in one. Can't recall ever driving past one, although the website
> > > says there are several in my area. Well, if I ever go by one, I'll stop
> > > and check it out.

> > You should do that just to see what the fuss is about. Just don't get
> > your hopes too high. I will say that I prefer IO to Mc Duck's, BK, Jack,
> > and Wendy, especially if they are all near the same off-ramp. They are
> > freshly cooked but it's still an industrial fast-food burger. And if
> > you factor in the the frequently longer wait...

> A few friends and I visit Las Vegas two or three times a year and we
> usually eat at least one meal at the Inn 'N Out that's just off the
> Strip near the New York New York. We usually walk there to burn off the
> calories. The burgers are great there, but I really like the In 'N Out
> t-shirts.

You eat the t-shirts?

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> Stan Horwitz wrote:
> > Donald Martinich wrote:

> > > You should do that just to see what the fuss is about. Just don't get
> > > your hopes too high. I will say that I prefer IO to Mc Duck's, BK, Jack,
> > > and Wendy, especially if they are all near the same off-ramp. They are
> > > freshly cooked but it's still an industrial fast-food burger. And if
> > > you factor in the the frequently longer wait...

> > A few friends and I visit Las Vegas two or three times a year and we
> > usually eat at least one meal at the Inn 'N Out that's just off the
> > Strip near the New York New York. We usually walk there to burn off the
> > calories. The burgers are great there, but I really like the In 'N Out
> > t-shirts.

> You eat the t-shirts?

Anything is good with a little Heinz Ketchup!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"aem" > wrote:

> Steve Wertz wrote:
> > On 27 Apr 2006 16:32:55 -0700, aem wrote:
> >
> > > No kidding. In 'n Out uses leaves of real lettuce. The bad joke is
> > > that all the other fast food burger places use packaged shredded
> > > lettuce. -aem

> > Jack in the Box doesn't (except maybe on their tacos).
> >

> Busted! Okay, I confess. I have not eaten a burger of any kind from
> any of the other fast food burger places for more than twenty years, so
> my prejudice in favor of In 'n Out is entirely ignorant. I just know
> that the In'nOut product is fresh and high quality. Once every couple
> of years I get a Tommy's burger (L.A. institution), but that's for that
> greasy chili your stomach craves at 2 a.m. -aem

If anyone wants a truly upscale hamburger in Las Vegas, there's a
gourmet burger bar in the Mandalay Bay's shopping mall where the burgers
are fantastic! You get a choice of several different cheeses, different
meats (bison, ostrich, kobe beef, lamb, and regular beef), several
cheeses, and tons of different toppings. This is not a fast food place
and its prices are not cheap, but they are not particularly expensive
either, depending on what one orders. The name of the place escapes me
though, but its easy to find just by walking through the mall area
toward the Luxor.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz wrote:
> In article .com>,
> "Sheldon" > wrote:
>
> > Stan Horwitz wrote:

> > > A few friends and I visit Las Vegas two or three times a year and we
> > > usually eat at least one meal at the Inn 'N Out that's just off the
> > > Strip near the New York New York. We usually walk there to burn off the
> > > calories. The burgers are great there, but I really like the In 'N Out
> > > t-shirts.

> > You eat the t-shirts?

> Anything is good with a little Heinz Ketchup!

You think I didn't know you'd say that. LOL

I bet you can produce a line of tee shirts with genuine Heinz stains
and trade mark them.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> Stan Horwitz wrote:
> > In article .com>,

> > > You eat the t-shirts?

> > Anything is good with a little Heinz Ketchup!

> You think I didn't know you'd say that. LOL
>
> I bet you can produce a line of tee shirts with genuine Heinz stains
> and trade mark them.

No need. Heinz already offers t-shirts with the Heinz logo emblazoned on
a bright "ketchup red" material. See the store section at
http://www.heinz.com for info on what's available now if you're curious.
I also think Target sells some of those Heinz t-shirts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz wrote:
> In article .com>,
> "Sheldon" > wrote:
>
> > Stan Horwitz wrote:

> > > Anything is good with a little Heinz Ketchup!

> > You think I didn't know you'd say that. LOL
> >
> > I bet you can produce a line of tee shirts with genuine Heinz stains
> > and trade mark them.

> No need. Heinz already offers t-shirts with the Heinz logo emblazoned on
> a bright "ketchup red" material. See the store section at
> http://www.heinz.com for info on what's available now if you're curious.
> I also think Target sells some of those Heinz t-shirts.

Yeah, I see, great minds think alike:
http://www.heinzstuff.com/product.as...uct%5Fid=02834

I think we need to get this for Queen Barb Schallermar:
http://www.heinzstuff.com/product.as...uct%5Fid=02863

Sheldon