Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Whither the Rites of Spring

Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?

<Please, say I didn't!>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:37:41 -0600, Pennyaline
> wrote:

>Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?

Google didn't even know what you were talking about. Hold out for
Arbor Day. Should be coming soon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ward Abbott wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:37:41 -0600, Pennyaline
> > wrote:
>
>> Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?

> Google didn't even know what you were talking about. Hold out for
> Arbor Day. Should be coming soon.

Awww, c'mon. Google should have found something ;p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ward wrote:

>> Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?

> Google didn't even know what you were talking about. Hold out for
> Arbor Day. Should be coming soon.

Yes, Google *did* know. Try just using "Frghoptd" and searching Google
Groups.

Also, I believe that Pennyaline is correct, and the holiday passed without
comment or the usual contests and parades.

Bob, crying for sad

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline wrote:
> Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?
>
> <Please, say I didn't!>

Sorry, but Google only turned up replies to rfc from Sheldon and a couple of
others. I've never heard of this. The next fire feast is Beltane on the
first of May (aka May Day)

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 02:56:31 -0500, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>Pennyaline wrote:
>> Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?
>>
>> <Please, say I didn't!>

>Sorry, but Google only turned up replies to rfc from Sheldon and a couple of
>others. I've never heard of this. The next fire feast is Beltane on the
>first of May (aka May Day)

It's an Elbonian holiday.

Carol
--

Some people are like Slinkies... they don't really have a purpose but
they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Stolen from "traid" on the IRC

Anyone doing anything this spring? George Shirley[_3_] Preserving 5 26-04-2015 06:43 PM
Spring Brooklyn1 General Cooking 7 18-04-2015 12:04 AM
womens ''rites'' issue PeterLucas[_20_] Baking 7 29-12-2010 06:53 AM
womens ''rites'' issue PeterLucas[_20_] General Cooking 5 02-12-2010 03:05 AM
Pizzahouse has a great Spring Salad..anyone hav a spring salad recipe? spus Recipes 0 16-07-2010 10:35 PM