Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Who's Waters?

"Waters suggests serving this stirred into pasta with wilted greens and
chicken stock, as an hors d'oeuvre, or with grilled or roasted chicken or
fish."

http://groups.google.co.za/group/rec...16767f3 aa991

Who's Waters?

TIA

--

Nat

"If she don't work out for a life's companion we can always eat her or
something."
--Ken Kesey, /Sailor Song/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Father Ignatius wrote:
> "Waters suggests serving this stirred into pasta with wilted greens and
> chicken stock, as an hors d'oeuvre, or with grilled or roasted chicken or
> fish."
>
> http://groups.google.co.za/group/rec...16767f3 aa991
>
> Who's Waters?
>

> TIA

Alice T Waters
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Father Ignatius wrote:
> "Waters suggests serving this stirred into pasta with wilted greens
> and
> chicken stock, as an hors d'oeuvre, or with grilled or roasted
> chicken or
> fish."

http://groups.google.co.za/group/rec...16767f3 aa991

> Who's Waters?
>

> TIA

I ran into Charlie Waters back in the early 1990's at the neighborhood
watering hole (yes, I'm a Floozy!). He was a former Dallas Cowboy. Got
drunk and got a bit out of hand and assumed I'd be bowled over by his
Superbowl ring. He was wrong. A friend of mine stepped in when he grabbed
my chair and pulled me between his legs. My friend said, "Pardon me, bubba,
but you're messing with the *wrong* woman!" LOL

I'm pretty sure that's not the Waters you are asking about, though.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:26:51 +0200, Father Ignatius wrote:

> "Waters suggests serving this stirred into pasta with wilted greens and
> chicken stock, as an hors d'oeuvre, or with grilled or roasted chicken or
> fish."
>
> http://groups.google.co.za/group/rec...16767f3 aa991
>
> Who's Waters?

Alice Waters
http://www.chezpanisse.com/
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-04-16, Father Ignatius > wrote:

> Who's Waters?

Alice Waters, famous chef who is arguably the originator of the California
Cuisine movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_W...i/Alice_Waters

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:26:51 +0200, Father Ignatius wrote:
>
> > "Waters suggests serving this stirred into pasta with wilted greens and
> > chicken stock, as an hors d'oeuvre, or with grilled or roasted chicken

or
> > fish."

http://groups.google.co.za/group/rec...hread/e78f103e
7c43aa80/a3e116767f3aa991?q=confit+onion&rnum=1#a3e116767f3 aa991

> > Who's Waters?
> >

> Alice Waters
> http://www.chezpanisse.com/
> --

Did anyone click on the menu link for the cafe? I don't even know what half
that stuff is!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote

>> http://www.chezpanisse.com/

> Did anyone click on the menu link for the cafe? I don't even know what
> half
> that stuff is!

(laugh!) Because of a picture by Chris D., I knew the menu
would have cardoons on it.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "kilikini" > wrote
>
> >> http://www.chezpanisse.com/

> > Did anyone click on the menu link for the cafe? I don't even know what
> > half
> > that stuff is!

> (laugh!) Because of a picture by Chris D., I knew the menu
> would have cardoons on it.
>
> nancy

I had to Google "cardoon". I've never heard of it before!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote

>> (laugh!) Because of a picture by Chris D., I knew the menu
>> would have cardoons on it.

> I had to Google "cardoon". I've never heard of it before!

It's a thing with me, I whine about my ex's grandmother's fried
cardoon. She would go pick them on the side of the highway,
smash them up into a stringy mess, bread them ... man were
they good.

I don't see cardoon in the stores, and I wouldn't know how to
make them if I did.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 08:17:18 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

> "kilikini" > wrote
>
> >> http://www.chezpanisse.com/

> > Did anyone click on the menu link for the cafe? I don't even know what
> > half
> > that stuff is!

Really? That menu actually looked ok good to me.

Some of the weird menu combinations (found in all high priced
restaurants here) sound so gross and turn me off so much, I won't step
foot in the restaurant.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:24:49 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

> I don't see cardoon in the stores, and I wouldn't know how to
> make them if I did.

Chris sent you the picture of the cardoons we found at the local
farmer's market, didn't she? They were a whole lot uglier than the
pretty pictures google images pulls up on the first page.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote

> On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:24:49 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> I don't see cardoon in the stores, and I wouldn't know how to
>> make them if I did.

> Chris sent you the picture of the cardoons we found at the local
> farmer's market, didn't she? They were a whole lot uglier than the
> pretty pictures google images pulls up on the first page.

That picture is precisely why I thought, there will be cardoon when
I check out this menu. For whatever reason. Picture made me laugh.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:32:34 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

> "sf" > wrote
>
> > On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:24:49 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
> >
> >> I don't see cardoon in the stores, and I wouldn't know how to
> >> make them if I did.

> > Chris sent you the picture of the cardoons we found at the local
> > farmer's market, didn't she? They were a whole lot uglier than the
> > pretty pictures google images pulls up on the first page.

> That picture is precisely why I thought, there will be cardoon when
> I check out this menu. For whatever reason. Picture made me laugh.

Glad we (she) brought a smile to you! I'd never even heard of a
cardoon before she came to a complete halt practically screeming.
"CARDOONS! I have to take a picture of this for Nancy!!!"