Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Looking for the older recipe/ cooking sites

I'm looking for some old recipes and would like to know if any one has
any sites book marked that may contain all old recipes.

You want old? -- Here's OLD:
http://www.teacheroz.com/food.htm
--
Lefty

Life is for learning
The worst I ever had was wonderful

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lefty wrote:
> I'm looking for some old recipes and would like to know if any one has
> any sites book marked that may contain all old recipes.
>
> You want old? -- Here's OLD:
> http://www.teacheroz.com/food.htm

There is this site from Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia:

http://www.history.org/Almanack/life/food/foodhdr.cfm

or look at the original Fanny Farmer Cookbook, circa 1896, which was
designed for a ladies school teaching immigrants to the USA how to cook
their regional foods using local ingredients.

The Old White House Cookbook is a tad more fru-fru but still has some
interesting information. And the tradtional Senate Bean Soup was surely an
inspiration to my fathers Navy Bean Soup.

If you want to go as far back as the Renaissance there are recipes for those
things too, although there probably aren't any cookbooks just lying around.
There are re-creations.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lefty wrote:
> I'm looking for some old recipes and would like to know if any one has
> any sites book marked that may contain all old recipes.
>

> You want old? -- Here's OLD:
> http://www.teacheroz.com/food.htm
> --
> Lefty
>
> Life is for learning
> The worst I ever had was wonderful

It depends what you consider old. There are some old recipes on this
site:

http://www.hungrybrowser.com/phaedrus/

-Rusty

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rusty" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> http://www.legendsofamerica.com/WE-OldFashRecipes.html
>
> http://www.seedsofknowledge.com/recipes.html
>
> http://www.heritagerecipes.com/Recipes.htm
>
> http://www.nvhistory.org/oldtimerecipes.shtml
>
> http://www.thatsmyhome.com/momsdiner...-Fashioned.htm
>
> http://www.oldfashionedfamilies.com/...splay.php?f=80
>
> http://www.nanaellen.com/cookbook/cookbook.htm
>
> http://www.dixieweb.com/recipe.htm
>
> http://waltonfeed.com/old/mama/index.html
>
> http://web.dbtech.net/~suncastl/kitchen.htm
>
> http://www.outernetweb.com/recipes/
>
> http://www.pellatuliptime.com/histor...e/recipes.html
>
> http://talesofold.net/family/recipes.html
>
> http://www.almanac.com/recipes/search/index.php
>
> http://www.oldlutheran.com/kitchen/index.shtml
>
> http://groups.msn.com/OldTimeRecipes
>
> http://www.heroines.ca/resources/recipes.html
>
> http://www.ghosttraveller.com/Index%...0Cuisine. htm
>
> http://library.thinkquest.org/C0111575/food2.htm
>
> http://www.thegutsygourmet.net/armenian.html
>
> http://www.fortunecity.com/millenium...n_recipes.html
>
> http://www.lexington1.net/lms/vicrecipe.html
>
> http://www.housemouse.net/hkitch6.htm
>
> http://www.diogenes-club.com/recipes.htm
>
> http://www.victorian-via-von.com/recipes/recipes.htm
>

> That should keep you busy for a while. ;-)
>
> -Rusty

Nice sites, Rusty. Thanks. I particulary liked the gutsygourmet - armenian
music -- ;-)
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:
> "Rusty" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > http://www.thegutsygourmet.net/armenian.html
> >

> > That should keep you busy for a while. ;-)
> >
> > -Rusty

> Nice sites, Rusty. Thanks. I particulary liked the gutsygourmet - armenian
> music -- ;-)
> Dee Dee

My wife is half Armenian and from Fresno. We have made many of those
recipes many times. The music is an aquired taste, however.

;-)

Rusty

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rusty" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Dee Randall wrote:
> > "Rusty" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > >
> > > http://www.thegutsygourmet.net/armenian.html
> > >

> > > That should keep you busy for a while. ;-)
> > >
> > > -Rusty

> > Nice sites, Rusty. Thanks. I particulary liked the gutsygourmet -

armenian
> > music -- ;-)
> > Dee Dee

> My wife is half Armenian and from Fresno. We have made many of those
> recipes many times. The music is an aquired taste, however.
>
> ;-)
>
> Rusty

I had an Armenian Art Professor in Art School (came from Lebanon). What
beautiful sensibilities his culture inspired in him, which in turn he
inspired in us students.
--
Lefty

Life is for learning
The worst I ever had was wonderful

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rusty" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Dee Randall wrote:
>> "Rusty" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> >
>> > http://www.thegutsygourmet.net/armenian.html
>> >

>> > That should keep you busy for a while. ;-)
>> >
>> > -Rusty

>> Nice sites, Rusty. Thanks. I particulary liked the gutsygourmet -
>> armenian
>> music -- ;-)
>> Dee Dee

> My wife is half Armenian and from Fresno. We have made many of those
> recipes many times. The music is an aquired taste, however.
>
> ;-)
>
> Rusty

I may have given the wrong impression -- I liked the music that was on
gutsygourmet site. But then again, I like most ethnic 'world' music.

There was one recipe zucchini and yogurt -- said something about it may be
an unusual combination or something like that -- but too me, it looked
pretty good.
Again, thanks, Rusty.
Dee Dee
in Shenandoah Valley, VA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:
> "Rusty" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Dee Randall wrote:
> >> "Rusty" > wrote in message
> >> oups.com...

> >> Nice sites, Rusty. Thanks. I particulary liked the gutsygourmet -
> >> armenian
> >> music -- ;-)
> >> Dee Dee

> > My wife is half Armenian and from Fresno. We have made many of those
> > recipes many times. The music is an aquired taste, however.
> >
> > ;-)
> >
> > Rusty

> I may have given the wrong impression -- I liked the music that was on
> gutsygourmet site. But then again, I like most ethnic 'world' music.
>
> There was one recipe zucchini and yogurt -- said something about it may be
> an unusual combination or something like that -- but too me, it looked
> pretty good.
> Again, thanks, Rusty.
> Dee Dee
> in Shenandoah Valley, VA

Thanks, Dee. I was saying that the music is an aquired taste, because
after a while it starts to get on my nerves. ;-) I like swing, rock,
ethnic, classical ect.

Rusty

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rusty" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Dee Randall wrote:
>> "Rusty" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>> > My wife is half Armenian and from Fresno. We have made many of those
>> > recipes many times. The music is an aquired taste, however.
>> >
>> > ;-)
>> >
>> > Rusty

>> I may have given the wrong impression -- I liked the music that was on
>> gutsygourmet site. But then again, I like most ethnic 'world' music.
>>
>> There was one recipe zucchini and yogurt -- said something about it may
>> be
>> an unusual combination or something like that -- but too me, it looked
>> pretty good.
>> Again, thanks, Rusty.
>> Dee Dee
>> in Shenandoah Valley, VA

> Thanks, Dee. I was saying that the music is an aquired taste, because
> after a while it starts to get on my nerves. ;-) I like swing, rock,
> ethnic, classical ect.
> Rusty

Yeah, I know what you mean. I heard one time some music in a
Pakistani/Iranian/etc. grocery and really liked it. I started to buy it and
the guy offered me a cassette at half the price, but after a while it did
get on my nerves; of course, I was wearing myself out doing the dancing to
it -- tee hee.

I, too, like lots of different kinds of music. Some people can't understand
liking so many different kinds. But life's more fun when there's more to
enjoy.
Dee Dee