Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default we made garlic spare ribs

lia and me made spare ribs.

1 rack of spare ribs - maybe 2-1/2 lbs with the tops bones cut off
1/2 cup of diced scallions
1/3 cup cornstarch and you coat the ribs
1/3 cup diced scallions

6 cups of vegetable oil

2 tablespoons garlic chopped up
2 tablespoons ginger minced up
2 tablespoons black beans
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of sherry (and dont drink it!)
1 tablespoons of vinegar
1 tablespoons sugar

2 tsp oriental sesame oil
1/4 tsp of chili pepper ground up

we soaked the beans for five minutes and combined everything. except
the ribs and those we coated with starch then cooked at 375
and they actually came out pretty well.

it was my grandmums recipie.