Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Semi OT - Hot Sauce Displaying but Still Usable

It's a rainy, icky day here so I have extra time. Over the weekend I
bought six more hot sauces. That brings my hot sauce collection to just
under 20 bottles. I'm looking for a way to display the bottles in a
small kitchen yet leave them still accessable for use. I do use all of
them so they aren't strictly for display. I'm running out of ideas. I
could put a small shelf under the window but the sun would ruin the
sauces. I lost the space over the stove when we put the JennAir in and
putting a shelf there is just not an option. The wall over the range
won't work because it wouldn't leave the necessary clearance from
conbustable surfaces. I have one space that is possible over the sm.
freezer but we wanted that space to add a ss shelf for my cookbooks
that desperately need a home. As far as other wall space, there is none
I want the sauces out where I can see them and they get used. Any
suggestions?

ObFood: I've caught DH a couple of times tossing in a dash of the hot
sauce he likes even though he claims not to like hot sauce at all. I'm
slowly getting him liking the various hot sauce flavours. All these
years of marriage and I'm still trying to figure him out
Posted to rec.food.cooking

~patches~ wrote:

> I want the sauces out where I can see them and they get used. Any
> suggestions?

All our kitchen cupboards have glass doors (or glass panes in the doors
IYKWIM). I can see everything in them... So why not put in a "glass
door" in one of your cupboards near the cooker (or wherever its most
convenient?)

> ObFood: I've caught DH a couple of times tossing in a dash of the hot
> sauce he likes even though he claims not to like hot sauce at all. I'm
> slowly getting him liking the various hot sauce flavours. All these
> years of marriage and I'm still trying to figure him out

Other way round in this house. DH introduced me to hot sauces etc. and I
have learned to like them - as long as I can still taste the food, that
is

--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:47:46 -0400, ~patches~
> > wrote:
>
>>All these years of marriage and I'm still trying to figure him out

> I'm sure that's mutual.
>
> So who was that mystery poster of your pizza pic? I was waiting
> to killfile until your big, mind-blowing announcement, but it
> hasn't materialized yet.

If you *were* paying attention, that should have been obvious by now.
No need for me to name names Now if I have to spell this out for
you, perhaps you need a lesson in reading headers.

> Or was that the whole point of the exercise, to get attention and
> avoid killfiles...

I've never tried to avoid killfiles ever. That isn't my style. I use
the same posting nym, same addy and same server. Killfile to you're
heart's content.

> ObFood: Egg in face for breakfast (with chorizo).

ObFood: first open fire cooking of the season. See other post.
> -sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
~patches~ > wrote:

> If you *were* paying attention, that should have been obvious by now.
> No need for me to name names Now if I have to spell this out for
> you, perhaps you need a lesson in reading headers.

I've been trying to defend you here, but this is just it. I don't play
guessing games. I don't ever guess right. I sometimes read headers,
but I'm not going back and read thousands of headers to figure out what
you are hinting about.

You can say, or not. No big deal. You are welcome to join my killfile.

You have two days to put up or shut up.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote:

> In article >,
> ~patches~ > wrote:
>

>>If you *were* paying attention, that should have been obvious by now.
>>No need for me to name names Now if I have to spell this out for
>>you, perhaps you need a lesson in reading headers.

> I've been trying to defend you here, but this is just it. I don't play
> guessing games. I don't ever guess right. I sometimes read headers,
> but I'm not going back and read thousands of headers to figure out what
> you are hinting about.
>
> You can say, or not. No big deal. You are welcome to join my killfile.
>
> You have two days to put up or shut up.

Ok Dan, I'm just not going to name names. I know who did it and the
person who did it knows. There is nothing to gain by disclosing any
names. After all I disclosed one name of a person who took the pic to
another website yet that is ok by the standards here. So you are giving
me an ultimatum to disclose the other person. I don't think so. Two
can play that game and I'm pretty sure the guilty party is not going to
be happy when she finds out where some of her pics are and not by my
hand either. AFAIK the other person is having just a tad of a problem
posting at the moment <shrug>. Quite frankly I'm tired of the whole
mess and hearing others take the side it is ok to steal then dump on me
because I say anything about it. In hindsight, I should have just went
behind the scenes, did a lot of damage, and not said a word and that's
what I will do in future. As it stands right now the damage *will*
continue but I would prefer it not to continue here. If you have a
problem with that, then please do killfile me and I would suggest not
waiting the two days. Do you think I give a flying **** whether you
killfile me or not? Knock yourself out!

Personally, I'd like to discuss cooking period. I'd like this mess to
settle but I'm not going to take comments from those two without a
snotty return.