Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rabbits

For real?

http://tinyurl.com/zoq53

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message
> For real?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/zoq53
>
> Dee Dee

I had a high school friend that had two pet rabbits that were kept in the
yard of her country home. I would say they were as large as the rabbit in
that picture. I never did know if they were a special breed, but lifting
one was definitely a hard thing to do.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick wrote:
> "Dee Randall" > wrote in message
>> For real?
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/zoq53
>>
>> Dee Dee

> I had a high school friend that had two pet rabbits that were kept in
> the yard of her country home. I would say they were as large as the
> rabbit in that picture. I never did know if they were a special
> breed, but lifting one was definitely a hard thing to do.
> Janet

My dad's older sister, Aunt Ada, had a litterbox-trained rabbit as a pet.
Wasn't a huge rabbit like this one, but the bunny had the run of the house
in Ohio. Didn't weigh anything like that one, though.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:

> For real?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/zoq53
>
> Dee Dee

He is large, but the depth of field makes him look bigger than he
really is. Fisherman use that trick to make their catch look more
impressive...
....Sharon
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"biig" > wrote in message ...

> Dee Randall wrote:
>>
>> For real?
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/zoq53
>>
>> Dee Dee

> He is large, but the depth of field makes him look bigger than he
> really is. Fisherman use that trick to make their catch look more
> impressive...
> ....Sharon

LOL. I'd never heard of this. One more piece of information to add to my
pea brain. No doubt it is true; just hadn't thought about it.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

biig wrote:
> Dee Randall wrote:
> >
> > For real?
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/zoq53
> >
> > Dee Dee

> He is large, but the depth of field makes him look bigger than he
> really is. Fisherman use that trick to make their catch look more
> impressive...
> ....Sharon

Someone sent me a picture of this same rabbit and man last night.
Indeed, that picture was at a peculiar angle and the rabbit looked
monsterous. But he is a hoss!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message

> "biig" > wrote in message ...
>>

>> Dee Randall wrote:
>>>
>>> For real?
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/zoq53
>>>
>>> Dee Dee

>> He is large, but the depth of field makes him look bigger than he
>> really is. Fisherman use that trick to make their catch look more
>> impressive...
>> ....Sharon

> LOL. I'd never heard of this. One more piece of information to add to my
> pea brain. No doubt it is true; just hadn't thought about it.
> Dee Dee

There are 4 breeds of giant rabbits. The following link is for a photo of a
show judging of a couple of Flemish Giants. http://tinyurl.com/n5vp8

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick wrote:
> "Dee Randall" > wrote in message

>>> He is large, but the depth of field makes him look bigger than he
>>> really is. Fisherman use that trick to make their catch look more
>>> impressive...
>>> ....Sharon

>> LOL. I'd never heard of this. One more piece of information to add
>> to my pea brain. No doubt it is true; just hadn't thought about it.
>> Dee Dee

> There are 4 breeds of giant rabbits. The following link is for a
> photo of a show judging of a couple of Flemish Giants.
> http://tinyurl.com/n5vp8

Yowsa! Those are some big rabbits!!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick wrote:

> There are 4 breeds of giant rabbits. The following link is for a photo of a
> show judging of a couple of Flemish Giants. http://tinyurl.com/n5vp8

Wasn't there a cornball horror movie from the late 50's to early 60's
with some giant rabbits terrorizing the countryside? These must be
their great, great, great, grandchildren.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Janet Bostwick wrote:

>>> LOL. I'd never heard of this. One more piece of information to add
>>> to my pea brain. No doubt it is true; just hadn't thought about it.
>>> Dee Dee

>> There are 4 breeds of giant rabbits. The following link is for a
>> photo of a show judging of a couple of Flemish Giants.
>> http://tinyurl.com/n5vp8

> Yowsa! Those are some big rabbits!!
>
> Jill

Yowsa? I haven't heard that in forever ;o} But definitely Yowsa-sized.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Janet Bostwick wrote:

>>>LOL. I'd never heard of this. One more piece of information to add
>>>to my pea brain. No doubt it is true; just hadn't thought about it.
>>>Dee Dee

>>There are 4 breeds of giant rabbits. The following link is for a
>>photo of a show judging of a couple of Flemish Giants.
>>http://tinyurl.com/n5vp8

> Yowsa! Those are some big rabbits!!
>
> Jill

Yeah but their meatier for rabbit stew
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Janet Bostwick wrote:

> >> LOL. I'd never heard of this. One more piece of information to add
> >> to my pea brain. No doubt it is true; just hadn't thought about it.
> >> Dee Dee

> > There are 4 breeds of giant rabbits. The following link is for a
> > photo of a show judging of a couple of Flemish Giants.
> > http://tinyurl.com/n5vp8

> Yowsa! Those are some big rabbits!!
>
> Jill

My son used to get rabbits from the State Fair as birthday presents --some
of those show-rabbits were huge. It could have been an escapee pet, who
knows.
--
Lefty

Life is for learning
The worst I ever had was wonderful

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:18:37 -0400, "Dee Randall"
> wrote:

>"biig" > wrote in message ...
>>

>> Dee Randall wrote:
>>>
>>> For real?
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/zoq53
>>>
>>> Dee Dee

>> He is large, but the depth of field makes him look bigger than he
>> really is. Fisherman use that trick to make their catch look more
>> impressive...
>> ....Sharon

>LOL. I'd never heard of this. One more piece of information to add to my
>pea brain. No doubt it is true; just hadn't thought about it.

Yeah, if you hold stuff in front of you, closer to the camera, it'll
look significantly larger. The trick is not to let the camera "see"
that your arm is stretched forward.

Carol, from a fishing family
--

Some people are like Slinkies... they don't really have a purpose but
they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Stolen from "traid" on the IRC
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

> "biig" > wrote in message ...> >
> > He is large, but the depth of field makes him look bigger than he
> > really is. Fisherman use that trick to make their catch look more
> > impressive...
> > ....Sharon

> LOL. I'd never heard of this. One more piece of information to add to my
> pea brain. No doubt it is true; just hadn't thought about it.
> Dee Dee

Use a wide angle lens. Things closer to the camera look
disproportionately large, so don't clutch the fish against your chest,
hold it out toward the camera. My BIL's king salmon was large, but in
the photo it was huge. :-) -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"itsjoannotjoann" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Janet Bostwick wrote:
>
>> There are 4 breeds of giant rabbits. The following link is for a photo
>> of a
>> show judging of a couple of Flemish Giants. http://tinyurl.com/n5vp8

> Wasn't there a cornball horror movie from the late 50's to early 60's
> with some giant rabbits terrorizing the countryside? These must be
> their great, great, great, grandchildren.

As a fan of corny 50'/60's science fiction I can tell you there was such a
movie. Can't remember the name of it except I don't think it had anything
to do with rabbits. It maybe took place in Texas and was probably filmed in
the 60's. I think they electrocuted them all on the railroad tracks.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> "Dee Randall" > wrote in message
>>> For real?
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/zoq53
>>>
>>> Dee Dee

>> I had a high school friend that had two pet rabbits that were kept in
>> the yard of her country home. I would say they were as large as the
>> rabbit in that picture. I never did know if they were a special
>> breed, but lifting one was definitely a hard thing to do.
>> Janet

> My dad's older sister, Aunt Ada, had a litterbox-trained rabbit as a pet.
> Wasn't a huge rabbit like this one, but the bunny had the run of the house
> in Ohio. Didn't weigh anything like that one, though.
>
> Jill

Take Poptart............please!

http://i1.tinypic.com/v5jvoj.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaine" > wrote in message

SNIP

>> My dad's older sister, Aunt Ada, had a litterbox-trained rabbit as a pet.
>> Wasn't a huge rabbit like this one, but the bunny had the run of the
>> house
>> in Ohio. Didn't weigh anything like that one, though.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Take Poptart............please!
>
> http://i1.tinypic.com/v5jvoj.jpg

Awww, sweet, why do you want to get rid of Poptart? I've got a hunting dog.
.. .rabbits wouldn't be a good idea.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick wrote:

> "itsjoannotjoann" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Janet Bostwick wrote:
> >
> >> There are 4 breeds of giant rabbits. The following link is for a photo
> >> of a
> >> show judging of a couple of Flemish Giants. http://tinyurl.com/n5vp8

> > Wasn't there a cornball horror movie from the late 50's to early 60's
> > with some giant rabbits terrorizing the countryside? These must be
> > their great, great, great, grandchildren.
> >

> As a fan of corny 50'/60's science fiction I can tell you there was such a
> movie. Can't remember the name of it except I don't think it had anything
> to do with rabbits. It maybe took place in Texas and was probably filmed

in
> the 60's. I think they electrocuted them all on the railroad tracks.

_Night of the Lepus_?

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:18:37 -0400, "Dee Randall"
> > wrote:

>>> He is large, but the depth of field makes him look bigger than he
>>>really is. Fisherman use that trick to make their catch look more
>>>impressive...
>>> ....Sharon

>>LOL. I'd never heard of this. One more piece of information to add to my
>>pea brain. No doubt it is true; just hadn't thought about it.

> Yeah, if you hold stuff in front of you, closer to the camera, it'll
> look significantly larger. The trick is not to let the camera "see"
> that your arm is stretched forward.
>
> Carol, from a fishing family

It works best with a wide-angle lens. Then get in close enough so it's
not obvious that it's a wide angle, but not too close where it makes
everybody's noses look enormous.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

After seeing this thread -- the title, mostly -- I may be changing my
Easter menu to hassenpheffer (sp?) DD would get a real kick out of
telling her classmates that she had rabbit for Easter dinner. :-)

I better check with Wife first...

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

> There are 4 breeds of giant rabbits. The following link is for a photo
> of a show judging of a couple of Flemish Giants. http://tinyurl.com/n5vp8

Yikes! Their EVIL RED EYES!

"It's only a bunny rabbit!"

Among the thousands and thousands of horror stories I've read, there was one
about a Sumerian vampire which took the form of a giant black hare. Only it
wasn't blood that the vampire drank; it was a DIFFERENT "life essence"
bodily fluid... Dammit, now I have to dig out a bunch of books so I don't
sound like a total idiot/perv...

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaine wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> Janet Bostwick wrote:

>>> I had a high school friend that had two pet rabbits that were kept
>>> in the yard of her country home. I would say they were as large as
>>> the rabbit in that picture. I never did know if they were a special
>>> breed, but lifting one was definitely a hard thing to do.
>>> Janet

>> My dad's older sister, Aunt Ada, had a litterbox-trained rabbit as a
>> pet. Wasn't a huge rabbit like this one, but the bunny had the run
>> of the house in Ohio. Didn't weigh anything like that one, though.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Take Poptart............please!
>
> http://i1.tinypic.com/v5jvoj.jpg

What a sweet little rabbit!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow"
<gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net> wrote in
message ink.net...

> Janet Bostwick wrote:

snip
>> As a fan of corny 50'/60's science fiction I can tell you there was such
>> movie. Can't remember the name of it except I don't think it had
>> anything
>> to do with rabbits. It maybe took place in Texas and was probably filmed

> in
>> the 60's. I think they electrocuted them all on the railroad tracks.

> _Night of the Lepus_?
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

Yes, thanks. I'm no good at remembering names of anything.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Janet wrote:
>
>> There are 4 breeds of giant rabbits. The following link is for a photo
>> of a show judging of a couple of Flemish Giants. http://tinyurl.com/n5vp8

> Yikes! Their EVIL RED EYES!
>
> "It's only a bunny rabbit!"
>

> Among the thousands and thousands of horror stories I've read, there was one
> about a Sumerian vampire which took the form of a giant black hare. Only it
> wasn't blood that the vampire drank; it was a DIFFERENT "life essence"
> bodily fluid... Dammit, now I have to dig out a bunch of books so I don't
> sound like a total idiot/perv...
>

> Bob

Pineal gland fluid. I remember a movie that sounds just like that
except for the giant hare part. _The Leech Woman_ (1960) maybe? (not
to be confused with _The Wasp Woman_ from the same genre and period)

Best regards,
Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

itsjoannotjoann wrote:

> Wasn't there a cornball horror movie from the late 50's to early 60's
> with some giant rabbits terrorizing the countryside? These must be
> their great, great, great, grandchildren.

Night of the Lepus (1972) ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069005/

Dave S

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lefty wrote:

> My son used to get rabbits from the State Fair as birthday presents --some
> of those show-rabbits were huge. It could have been an escapee pet, who
> knows.

I had two rabbits given to me. They were huge.
I don't remember what happened to one of them, but other fell victim to my
over sexed Labrador Retriever. He broke its back trying to screw it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> Lefty wrote:
>

> > My son used to get rabbits from the State Fair as birthday

presents --some
> > of those show-rabbits were huge. It could have been an escapee pet, who
> > knows.

> I had two rabbits given to me. They were huge.
> I don't remember what happened to one of them, but other fell victim to my
> over sexed Labrador Retriever. He broke its back trying to screw it.

He would make a good hunting dog --you wouldn't have to shoot, just follow
the heavy breathing
--
Lefty

Life is for learning
The worst I ever had was wonderful

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lefty wrote:

> > > My son used to get rabbits from the State Fair as birthday

> presents --some
> > > of those show-rabbits were huge. It could have been an escapee pet, who
> > > knows.

> > I had two rabbits given to me. They were huge.
> > I don't remember what happened to one of them, but other fell victim to my
> > over sexed Labrador Retriever. He broke its back trying to screw it.

> He would make a good hunting dog --you wouldn't have to shoot, just follow
> the heavy breathing

If only I could have counted on him coming when I called :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"itsjoannotjoann" > wrote:

> biig wrote:
> > Dee Randall wrote:
> > >
> > > For real?
> > >
> > > http://tinyurl.com/zoq53
> > >
> > > Dee Dee

> > He is large, but the depth of field makes him look bigger than he
> > really is. Fisherman use that trick to make their catch look more
> > impressive...
> > ....Sharon

> Someone sent me a picture of this same rabbit and man last night.
> Indeed, that picture was at a peculiar angle and the rabbit looked
> monsterous. But he is a hoss!

It's a Flemish Giant, and they really are large mammals.

Miche

--
WWMVD?

rabbits, partly ot Stormmee Barbecue 75 19-07-2010 10:22 AM
Oh, No !!! Now I've Got Trouble With Rabbits !!! Mark Thorson General Cooking 50 24-09-2008 07:17 PM
Rabbits are dumb! ~patches~ General Cooking 270 25-03-2006 04:26 PM
USDA calls Rabbits, chickens Beach Runner Vegan 3 08-08-2005 02:28 PM
What is so wrong with keeping rabbits in hutches? Ramset Recipes 3 07-04-2005 11:10 PM